The oil issue ... - page 48

Alexey Volchanskiy:
I read that once the extraction process has started, it cannot be interrupted. In other words, you cannot shut off the valve and then unscrew it again after a year - some irreversible processes are going on there.
Nothing terrible will happen there. On the contrary, more oil will get there. When the well stands still, the pumped oil will be restored there in 5 years. By that time the prices will go up and considerable volume will be pumped into the pipe at an expensive price. So it is better to get used to stability rather than straining things...

Vladimir Pastushak:

It is unlikely, in Russia the exchange rate rarely goes in the opposite direction...

The Ministry of Finance sees that people do not panic and have eaten the high exchange rate, according to this in the "miracle case" of a return to $100 per barrel the exchange rate will remain the same, at this rate the budget will receive 7000-8000 rubles for which you can start new five-year projects.

Theoretically this is correct, in the course of 1-5 years inflation and the market will equalise wages and prices according to the current exchange rate. That is, the rouble will simply depreciate again. A litre of petrol 95 now costs 35 in 1-5 years will cost 70 ....

So I don't believe in exchange rate reduction .... In the short term maybe, but not in the long term ....

Anything is possible. In 2006-2008 I worked in a branch of an am. firm, the salary was in dollars. I won't look it up, I remember the dollar was creeping down and they started paying us once a quarter the average difference between the exchange rate of 30p and I think it went down to 22p.

new-rena:
nothing bad will happen there. On the contrary, there will be more oil. When the well stands still, the oil pumped out there will recover in five years. By that time prices will have risen and gurgled a hefty volume into the pipe at an expensive price. So it's better to get used to stability than to strain things...
I knew you were an oilman ))

new-rena:
nothing bad will happen there. On the contrary, there will be more oil. When the well stands still, the oil pumped out there will recover in five years. By that time prices will have risen and gurgled a hefty volume into the pipe at an expensive price. So one had better get used to stability rather than strain the situation...
An oilman friend of mine also says that one should not cannibalize wells...

Vladimir Pastushak:
An oilman friend of mine also says wells should not be tinned....
Then ask him why the well is not plugged (permanently), but canned or transferred to a PAP?

Sergey Golubev:

USD/RUB?

It's not about buy or sell...

I don't have any questions:)))))))

new-rena:
Then ask him why the well is not plugged (permanently), but canned or transferred to a PAP?
I am meeting him today and will ask him about it ...

Vladimir Pastushak:
I'm meeting him today and I'm going to ask him about it properly...
Perhaps because there are many ways of extraction. Shale oil has only recently started to be used. Oil used to gush out, back in the cinema, I remember the old movies. And now there are no such deposits left, some emulsions are used, I read a little about it.

So there you have it.

Oil costs $20 to the producers, and they were selling it to us for $120!

And they're still selling oil at $120 to the public in Russia. I am in favour of oil costing $5. I think it is a fair price.

Sergey Chalyshev:

So there you have it.

Oil costs $20 to the producers, and they were selling it to us for $120!

And they're still selling oil at $120 to the public in Russia. I am in favour of oil costing $5. I think it is a fair price.

Then again, I've read that our production is more expensive because of shipping. Where is it cheaper to get all the iron, fuel and stuff, to Texas on a really great road network or to Yamal?