The oil issue ... - page 26

Alexandr Bryzgalov:

~ a Ford Focus with 55 litre tank and speed of 100km/h I will drive at 6-7 (let's take 7.1) litres per 100km for ~774km in 7.7 hours without refuelling.

tesla: at the same speed on the highway, I have to stop for 2.5 hours to refuel, i.e. the average speed on the highway drops

No, I don't want to do that yet.

And if I'm in the woods, I can't carry the electricity in a can, I can't run out to get a bucket of sparkling water.)

it will take a battery to reach the nearest power socket )

The infrastructure is not developed yet. But what prospects for its development! How much money could be made on it!

In general, I say, a little later we'll see who and how it is profitable. Has anyone ever heard of carmaker Tesla? It's not making pencils, you have to solve a lot of issues: chassis, gearboxes, power units, electrics and electronics, ergonomics and safety issues, certification. And here suddenly, bam! A new car. And even not bad looking.

If we look back to history, Nikola Tesla experimented a lot with electricity and it was in the 19th century. Some of his experiments ended in severe destruction, others manifested as strong ionization of the atmosphere (northern lights), and in general, if you read about him, he was still engaged in the transmission of electricity over distances. And quite impressive ones at that. This is only from open sources.

Waiting to pull an ace out of his sleeve.

Aleksey Lazutin:

There are a lot of issues to resolve: chassis, gearboxes, powertrains, electrics and electronics, ergonomics and safety issues, certification.

The Tesla doesn't seem to have a gearbox, which greatly simplifies the design. I don't understand why publications on fuel cell development have stopped appearing. After all, there was so much hype about 5-10 years ago. They are economical and environmentally friendly, and they work even on moonshine!

Alexey Volchanskiy:
It's like Tesla doesn't have a gearbox, which greatly simplifies the design. I don't understand why publications on fuel cell development have stopped appearing. I mean, there was so much hype about 5-10 years ago. They are economical and environmentally friendly, and they work even on moonshine!

It's just that Toyota Corporation, "dove," doesn't think it's necessary to inform you that they've started mass-producing and selling hydrogen-powered cars since the end of 2014.

This is outrageous!

Alexey Volchanskiy:
It's like the Tesla doesn't have a gearbox, which greatly simplifies the design
Direct drive? No differential at least?

Alexey Volchanskiy:
The Tesla doesn't seem to have a gearbox, which greatly simplifies the design. I don't understand why publications about fuel cell development have stopped appearing. After all, there was so much hype about 5-10 years ago. They are efficient, environmentally friendly and work even with moonshine!
I don't know how a Tesla is built, but I assume that it has one axle. Front or rear, it doesn't matter. If there's only one electric motor, you don't need a differential. If there are two motors, you need selsines. It's a real challenge to design and implement this in a quality controlled manner. It is easier to build a gearbox with lockable and switchable differentials. So, one engine and differentials are more likely. What can we do without them?

Aleksey Lazutin:
I don't know how the Tesla is set up, but my guess: the drive is to one axle. Front or rear, doesn't matter. If there's only one electric motor, you don't need differentials. If there are two motors, you need selsines. It's a real challenge to design and implement this in a quality controlled manner. It is easier to build a gearbox with lockable and switchable differentials. So, one engine and differentials are more likely. What can you do without them?
I may be wrong, but I think I saw a video with 4 electric motors on all 4 wheels. No gearbox, that's for sure...

Vladimir Pastushak:
I may be wrong, but I think I saw a video of a circuit with 4 electric motors going to all 4 wheels, I may be wrong. No gearbox, that's for sure...

The electric motor, unlike an internal combustion engine, does not depend on torque, so you can do without a box, which reduces weight and increases efficiency. It's true, I've read about some electric sports car, but they made the box into two gears to make the dynamics even cooler.

Found it, Tasl has rear-wheel drive with one electric motor and 7000 (!!!!!!!!!!) finger batteries. Man, why didn't they make their own battery and use an assembly? Wouldn't it have been easier?

http://tesla-avtomobil.ru/tesla-model-s/dvigatel-elektromobilya-tesla-motors/

Is anyone else having doubts about the $20 a barrel price?

I am very surprised by the dynamics, oil is getting cheaper at a suspicious rate...

Vladimir Pastushak:

Is anyone else having doubts about the $20 a barrel price?

I'm very surprised at the dynamics, oil is getting cheaper at a very suspicious rate...

even higher than 30

why 20 and not 15 or 10?

Alexandr Bryzgalov:

even higher than 30

Why 20 and not 15 or 10?

OIL 15/01 19:30 29.57