Dr.Fx corner - page 2

On the USDJPY, I can't help but notice that I'm currently seeing an inflection point. The rise is over. Time to sell. The filter has gone down. Let's see if the prediction holds true.

EURUSD stands in the sell.

To make it more interesting, let's also consider GBPUSD. If I follow the filter, I am going to sell.

I ask Prival, if possible, to post a similar smoothing of the Kalman Filter, which he idealizes, to compare the possibility of direct trading by following the filter.

On EURUSD, the filter still indicates to continue to stand down.

On GBPUSD until there is more clarity (whether there is a trend change or not) I am out of the market (the derivative is somehow zeroed out, uncomfortable).

Resuming a Sell position on GBPUSD. The signal is really weak, but I think it's possible. The main thing is that there is no sign of an upwards turn.

I ask Privat for a comparison to demonstrate some good (Kalman, "there is no better") filter in a similar mode to me. So far, following three filters on three pairs has yielded some profits.

Note. From these three filters it is possible to draw conclusions on other pairs, even without building filters for them. It is obvious, for example, that if the euro weakens against the dollar and the dollar against the yen, then the euro-yen should be sold - and more profitable and reliable. Let's do that. Sell the euro-yen. If you wish, this conclusion is not difficult to back up with a direct calculation:

Are you going toexit the market on the opposite inflection of the filter curve?

khorosh:
Are you going to exit the market on the opposite inflection of the filter curve?
Why exit? Turning over on your backside.

Sell USDCAD... and enough for now. 5 pairs is enough... and so broke up...

It can be compared to a single trend indicator.

On USDJPY on this indicator it is early to go into the sell.

Dr.Fx:
Why go out? To flip to the back.

I.e. enter in the opposite direction with double lot?

khorosh:

Can be compared to a single trend indicator.

I.e. enter in the opposite direction with double the lot?

Why double? Normal. Just close that trade and open in the opposite direction.

Dr.Fx:
Why double? Normal. Just close that trade and open in the opposite direction.
A reversal like this involves not closing and opening in the opposite direction with double the lot.