Strategies that give big profits - page 7

barabashkakvn:

Here are the pentameters. The channel height is, at most, 20 pips:

Not a very high channel.

Spreads will eat everything up.

Prival-2:

Your level of incompetence is staggering. After all these years on the forum.... is fantastic. I honestly thought there was no such thing. Turns out I was wrong.

funny ;)))

well, your competenceis worth trillions !!! i don't claim to be worth trillions, apparently, because competence is not enough ;))))

dimeon:

Yes, the algorithm is very simple - we form a channel and trade on the rebound. Actually all my strategies are based on this principle. I would even say more. More than 80% of profitable PAMMs, which are not based on martin or averaging - night channel trade in one form or another!

Such a strategy with reinvestment produces crazy profits. As an example: 2009. Thanksgiving. from $80 to $10,000 in 36 hours on AUDNZD. Or here's a recent example from last year. From $150 to $46,000 in 3-4 weeks. True, I only got $3,200 from my broker.

In general it was a fat strategy for overnight Eurocrosses until brokers widened the spread and screwed up execution.

The problem with the bounce signals arises when the trend comes in one direction. We need to somehow identify these areas and prohibit the Expert Advisor to trade at such moments.

Only what to take as a limiting filter?

forexman77:

The problem with bounce signals arises when the trend is to one side. We need to somehow identify these areas and forbid the Expert Advisor to trade at such moments.

But what to take as a limiting filter?

If there is a clear trend, the rebound will simply not be to the opposite border of the channel, but to the midline of the channel or a small crossing of the midline:

barabashkakvn:

If there is a clear trend, the bounce will simply not be to the opposite end of the channel, but to the midline of the channel or a slight crossing of the midline:

If we are able to identify a pronounced trend not by fact, then fuck the channels, then it's better to trade along the trend))

Olegts:
If we are able to identify a clear trend not based on a fact, then we don't need channels, then it's better to trade with the trend))
In any trend, price moves in a channel.

khorosh:
In any trend, price moves in a channel.
This is a commonplace truth, and here we need a horizontal channel rather than a vertical one and there may come a moment when we cannot close a series of trades even in the middle of the channel, because we are moving vertically. My point is that there is no possibility to determine the start of a steep trend and correct the terms of closing deals at the right time. There are only stops or cutting losses in the hope of a doldrums in the future.

barabashkakvn:

Here are the pentameters. Channel height, 20 pips at most:

Not a very high channel.

О !

Well, thank God someone's back on the topic.

I've been looking at these "overnight channels" for as long as I've been watching them, and I can't do shit. On the rebound - not working at all, at least the clocks. I've just built a channel - bam, it's already broken. They work fine "on reversion to the median", but not for a long time. One or two years, and then it stops working. And even so, the spread still eats up most of the profit.

Where the enormous interest comes from I do not understand.

Laryx:

О !

Well, thank God someone's back on the subject.

As much as I look at these "night channels", I can't get a damn thing going. On the rebound - it doesn't work at all, at least not on the clock. I've just built a channel - bam, it's already broken. They work fine "on reversion to the median", but not for a long time. One or two years, and then it stops working. And even so, the spread still eats up the majority of the profit.

I do not understand where the exorbitant percentages come from.

So that's it. This is what I'm talking about.

You can optimize variables, and then put them into an Expert Advisor. But when the trend comes, it will lead to losses.

We have to learn to find the range somehow.

Maybe, we should measure the channel angle and if it is not higher, we will enter.

So it is clear that channels should not be static. let the width of the channel and the offset depend on market behaviour. As for the spread - choose a normal brokerage firm. For example on AUDNZD the average spread and commission is barely over 2 pips. The channel of 5-6 pips is already a great way to make money. The main advantage is that the spreads are not long and the lot varies frequently. Due to the very risky MM you make super profits.