STOP-LOSS KILLS YOUR ACCOUNT! - page 6

Useddd:

Why should he learn to trade with a stop and a take, how do you know, maybe he trades with a reversal trade, both ways can be profitable.

Might as well tell you - learn to trade with a reversal trade and you won't need a TP and stop will be needed only for Force Majeure - not a technical stop.

Although there are also reversal ts with technical stops-very small, and in these variants their sl tends to be minimal and thp=infinity (so there is none). It depends on the approach, before trying to teach at least describe why your way is the only right way (which is what it looks like in your post).

Of course it isn't. My trading rule is only true for me. I have not mentioned my strategy and I will not impose my decision.

I would like to highlight those cases when I open a position without taking the maximum profit, for example during the day. In other words, I try to take from the market everything it wants to give during a week's movement, for example. Here use of a STOP LOSS has sense - as a transfer of a position to a BU, but here one rule should be observed. The stop-loss is transferred to a BU not immediately after the price has passed a significant distance. It is necessary to wait, usually the correction movement following after it. It is clear that in such situation the position should be transferred to a Buy position only after the price has again surpassed the level of entering the position.

To add to the above, in addition to the condition related to the price passing a significant distance, time should also be taken into account when converting the trade to a Buy. For example, it is not necessary to transfer stop, if any significant fundamental data is expected, which can cause significant price fluctuations that can take your trade to the BU, and not rare cases when stupid - "fill" on the stop, ie in the negative!

log94:
Stops kill a certain trade, but not the deposit. this is what stops are for. the only thing you need to think about is how to minimize the probability of closing on a stop and if this happens, risk management will be respected. in this case, the deposit will grow, slowly but surely.

What's wrong with people's logic now.... so get a series of fatal stops in a row, or not in a row but cumulatively faster than the profit increase, and you'll see how someone who knows the paths of magic glades is approaching.

Unless, of course, the system and the stops are from spit, and if not - then don't. If you don't, you won't. If you don't, then don't.

Argo:
Of course not. My trading rule is only true for me. I have not mentioned my strategy and I will not impose my decision.

Why then write-learn a specific option. Instead of saying there are so-and-so options to choose from.

The word learn in the imperative especially indicates how you are not imposing your decision as the only true one... ))))))))))))))))))

Sometimes you read posts and they say one thing and write something else, and you have to think whether the person in front of you is a hypocrite or an allogical person.

I am standing on the road with my skis on,

Either the skis aren't going, or I'm...

skandinav:
I would like to highlight those cases when I open a position without taking the maximum profit, for example during the day. In other words, I try to take from the market everything it wants to give during a weekly movement, for example. Here use of a STOP LOSS has sense - as a transfer of a position to a BU, but here one rule should be observed. The stop-loss is transferred to a BU not immediately after the price has passed a significant distance. It is necessary to wait, usually the correction movement following after it. It is clear that in such situation the position should be transferred to a Buy position only after the price has again surpassed the level of entry into the trade.

To add to the above, in addition to the condition related to the price passing a significant distance, time should also be taken into account when converting the trade to a Buy. For example, you should not transfer a stop, if any significant fundamental data is expected, which might cause significant price fluctuations that might take your trade to the Buy, and not rare cases when it is stupid - "fill" the stop, ie in the negative!
So tempting to spend a week to refute all of the above. Out of principle, I will. But you don't really need it!!!!!. All these stets .... You'll get a lot of criticism. I even accused them of lying. I posted an Expert Advisor for overclocking the deposit (on another site) 1727 downloads, 2 comments. And where are the rest?

Argo:
1727 downloads 2 comments . Where are the others?
Like where. 2 comments due to lack of time and willingness in people due to urgent thoughts of where to spend the dough from your hyping up depo advisor))))

Argo:
I'm tempted to spend a week refuting all of the above. As a matter of principle, I will. But you don't really need to do that!!!!! All these stets .... You won't get much criticism. I even accused them of lying. I posted an Expert Advisor for overclocking the deposit (on another site) 1727 downloads, 2 comments. I don't understand.
I do not understand ... what exactly do you want to refute from my statement ?

skandinav:

I personally do not put any stops when trading manually, but I am able to withstand serious drawdowns thanks to diversification methodology.
Nevertheless I would like to talk about strategy of stop setting.

I wonder what kind of a smart guy taught most traders to place stops behind the nearest highs and lows?
When I first tried trading it seemed silly to me. Although at that time collecting stops was not fashionable yet.
Now this concept is so popular that it clearly illustrates typical stop patterns.
Not only big players, but also ordinary traders gather stops of skilled beginners.

In my opinion, it's an absolute imbecility to place stops behind the nearest extremums))).
Stops are better placed either relative to levels, or according to the limit of losses on one position or another.
Moreover, when setting stops by level, we should carefully consider how many points were affected by false-breaks of levels during the last six months, and set the appropriate stops.

Some may think that my post is taking the bread from the stop traders. But in fact, it is the banks, not the traders, who get the vast majority of the meat from the stops. When this shop closes, experienced traders will earn a lot more and easier.

In forex we cannot have a trading strategy with SL and TP. It's just one bet - you buy, you set the SL and TP and you make a profit - you win!

Ishim:
In forex, there can be no trading strategy with SL and TP. It's just one bet - you buy, you set the SL and TP and you make a profit - you win!

if there is no SL, it is the size of the deposit

which can be justified if the strategy is not intraday!

For example, we sell sell sell euro until the margin is enough for growth, and we roll over the profit when the margin goes down.

transcendreamer:

if there is no SL, it is the size of the deposit

which can be justified if the strategy is not intraday!

for example, we sell sell the euro until the margin is enough for growth, and we roll over the profit when the margin goes down.

it is the same bet, the question is what! is a signal for entry (combination of candlesticks, the tangle of indicators), and the mandatory condition of TS is that TP is larger than SL (eg 5:4), the variations of distance - align over time (sl - 500 tp - 20 will eventually reach equilibrium of 20 tp per 1 sl). These conditions (entry) are not present on history - it turns out entry can be equated to a coin.