STOP-LOSS KILLS YOUR ACCOUNT! - page 2

Urain:

In severe bouts of paranoia, you can put pauses instead of stops.

Stops are identified as losses (although there are exceptions, stops at breakeven).

But to put stops as protection, have taught us since the days when the Internet was very unstable and connection failures were not uncommon (by the way, at that time you could close a position by phone, also an anachronism from the days when everything was done by phone).

But now that stops have become part of strategies, small but never triggered stops are a sign of accurate entry. Large but always achievable profits are a sign of correct exit.

In my opinion, the marked part of the post is utopia, incompatible with the logic and complexity of price movement. Commensurate TP and SL should be an integral part of any TS that claims to be "non-collapsible". The ideal is the TS, which is able to achieve stat advantage >51% (then the more - the better) and reliably extract profits in the long run, with TP=SL and the ratio Maximum Profit/Maximum Drawdown >2. Any commercial activity associated with the profit, there are commensurate with the expected profit, costs and/or expenses. In forex it is the losses associated with the inevitability of setting SL. I myself used to be a zealous supporter of no-stop and anti-trend strategies, until I lost several real accounts, including PAMMs at an early stage of their development.

SL is often part of a system for martin, or even worse.

Myth63:
SL is often part of a system for martin, or even worse.

Don't talk nonsense, a stop-loss can be part of any system, it is just a loss-limiting mechanism independent of the terminal.

And it's this terminal-independence that sheds light on the origins of this mechanism.

You have opened with one lot, and then the connection was cut, or you shut down the terminal and went to bed, but your hair is on end, what if the market goes against you and instead of losing a thousand rubles you will lose the whole deposit on one trade?

This is what you need a stop loss to save your nerves.

yosuf:
In my opinion, the noted part of the post is utopia, incompatible with the logic and complexity of price movement. A commensurate TP and SL should be part of any TS that claims to be "non-clear". The ideal is the TS, which is able to achieve stat advantage >51% (then the more - the better) and reliably extract profits in the long run, with TP=SL and the ratio Maximum Profit/Maximum Drawdown >2. Any commercial activity associated with the profit, there are commensurate with the expected profit, costs and/or expenses. In forex, it is the losses associated with the inevitability of setting up an SL. I myself used to be a zealous advocate of no-stop and anti-trend strategies until I lost several real accounts, including PAMMs at an early stage of their development.
This part is not utopia but ABSOLUTE - something impossible to achieve and your profitability depends on how close you are to the absolute.

Urain:

Don't talk nonsense, a stop-loss can be part of any system, it is just a loss-limiting mechanism independent of the terminal.

And it's this terminal-independence that sheds light on the origins of this mechanism.

You have opened with one lot, and then the connection was cut, or you shut down the terminal and went to bed, but your hair is on end, what if the market goes against you and instead of losing a thousand rubles you will lose the whole deposit on one trade?

That's why you need a stoploss to save your nerves.

If the market goes against you and you lose a grand, you'll end up losing the whole deposit in one trade. this is why you need a stop loss. this is not what i meant. there is a system of regular lot doubling after a loss. say your system gives you 1-1 so why not take advantage of it.

azfaraon:
What is the difference between your TS and the flip of a coin TS?
With a coin flip there will be a loss, I guess that's it

yosuf:
In my opinion, the marked part of the post is utopia, incompatible with logic and the complexity of price movements.
You think so! I personally know people who trade that way

The main problem for beginners is to move STOP-LOSS further into a loss hoping the price will reverse... I believe that STOP-LOSS should only be used to lock in profits, I personally only use it to trash a trade, because I don't see any other point in it.

There will always be two camps on this issue.

MIG32:
There will always be two camps on this issue.
and this reflects the whole philosophies of the market :-)