STOP-LOSS KILLS YOUR ACCOUNT! - page 4

MIG32:
If 20% of the trades give 80% of the profits, it's a martin.
And how do you calculate the share of trades in the total profit?

IvanIvanov:
And how do you calculate the share of transactions in the total profit?

What does it mean to share the number of transactions. It's a bit buttery.

Getting it right is half the battle.

Urain:

What does it mean to share the number of transactions. It's a bit buttery.

Getting it right is half the battle.

share quantity..... what percentage of profitable trades brought what percentage of profit from the total gain

The number of profitable trades is always known, but what share of profit they brought

the guy above said that this is the criterion used to pick out a martin.... i don't think so

they must have made 100% profit

In short, we sort profitable trades in descending or ascending order, no difference... Then we start summing up the profit from some edge as soon as we reach 50% of the total profit and look at the ratio of large and small deals as a percentage of the total number of profitable deals

We make a graph, where on the X-axis we plot the profit of the trade, and on the Y-axis the total profit of all similar trades.

The graph will show you everything.

PS The graph will be leaky as many samples will be missing, therefore it is better to apply compensated smoothing on neighbouring samples, make smoothing from zero to the end, and then compensate for it by smoothing from the end to the beginning. By compensating in this way, the maxima will remain in place, but the global maxima will be distinct, which is what you need.

If you build it, post a picture ;)

Urain:

We make a graph, where on the X-axis we plot the profit of the trade, and on the Y-axis the total profit of all similar trades.

The graph will show you everything.

PS The graph will be leaky as many samples will be missing, therefore it is better to apply compensated smoothing on neighbouring samples, make smoothing from zero to the end, and then compensate for it by smoothing from the end to the beginning. By compensating in this way, the maxima will remain in place, but the global maxima will be distinct, which is what you need.

What are you smoking?

If a stop loss is killing your account then you are doing something wrong

I absolutely agree with those who argue that a moose is necessary. My research has shown that a trend movement exceeds a preceding flat movement by at least 3 times and a consolidation by twice or more. For this very reason even a reversal gives no loss. Not to mention the strain on our nerves, loss of time, and limitation of profit due to the need to decrease the lot size for the sake of drawdowns. The best variant is to know how long the market will move in this direction and one of the indicators will show the entry point and direction. Many books and articles have been written about how to determine this distance, but we are smarter than everyone who made several millions on it. It's not so much the stops that matter (that give you peace of mind), but a properly set TP !!!!!.

I went through that school myself. Although the last elk "came" ten years ago, I still bet on principle.

MIG32:
What do you smoke?
Matan mostly.