Market prediction based on macroeconomic indicators - page 35

And what happened in the world in August this year around the 24th-25th?

Joo Zepper:

No. What it shows is that "following the market", i.e. variability without heredity, will not lead to anything good. Just as in nature, it is impossible to know in advance which variation will be in demand in the future.

Unfortunately, you don't even realise that"following the market" already implies inheritance by default.

Олег avtomat:
Unfortunately, you don't even realise that "following the market" already implies the inheritance property by default.

Yes? - and I assumed it was a property of variability.

You don't think a system can be so adaptable (not changing in its descriptive characteristics and representing inheritance qualities) that it repeats exactly market movements forever?

Олег avtomat:

hmmm... A delay of a quarter... three months... The world can turn upside down in three months ;))

Oh, well... To each his own.

In the meantime the indices are getting lower and lower... They've already gone down today ;)))

It takes special training and a PhD to make such an observation :) How can I match my cheesy quarterly predictions with such genius observations of what's going on?

Joo Zepper:

Yes? - and I assumed it was a property of variability.

You don't think a system can be so adaptable (not changing in its descriptive characteristics and representing inheritance qualities) that it repeats exactly the same market movements forever, do you?

A tracking system must necessarily have both of these properties. Think about it for a while and you'll see why this is the case and not the other way around.

As for the degree of adaptability, that is a more nuanced question. Whether it has to 'follow the market moves' is highly unlikely. And how to weed out the excess from this "exactly", but weed out so that "not to throw out the baby with the water".

Vladimir:
It takes special training and a PhD to make such an observation :) How can I compare my pathetic quarterly predictions with such genius observations of what's going on?
And it's not the epithets... It's the lag introduced by the three-month lag.

Олег avtomat:
And it's not about epithets... It's about lag, which is caused by a three-month lag.

What lag? It's a TREND. He doesn't care about a lag of 40-50 days.

Let me repeat myself: Here is the Alps competition account, CLOSED 30 JUNE 2015. Alps forgot to turn off trades on the server. I think this is very funny. This is the balance chart, but because of the over-opening of trades every black night, this is the equity chart. As you can see the trending owls who opened trades on 01 JUL 2015 - are still making money. That is lag = 85 days and it does not prevent him from "earning". This is done on 30 currency pairs, i.e. it is a statistical experiment. If it does not agree with you, it means that I am ravaging like a wounded lynx here for nothing.

The wounded lynx shows how the trend holds up for 85 days.

Олег avtomat:
And it's not the epithets... It's the lag introduced by the three-month lag.
It is better to keep silent and look like a fool than to talk and dispel all doubts (c))

Joo Zepper:
And what happened in the world in August this year around the 24th-25th?
The collapse of the Chinese stock market.

Sergiy Podolyak:

What "lag"? It's a TREND. He doesn't care about the lag of 40-50 days.

Let me repeat myself: Here is the Alps competition account, CLOSED 30 JUNE 2015. Alps forgot to turn off trades on the server. I think this is very funny. This is the balance chart, but because of the over-opening of trades every black night, this is the equity chart. As you can see the trending owls who opened trades on 01 JUL 2015 - are still making money. That is lag = 85 days and it does not prevent him from "earning". This is done on 30 currency pairs, i.e. it is a statistical experiment. If that doesn't get you through, then it means I'm going broke like a wounded lynx here for nothing.

It's good if it jumped into the trend. But the trend is not eternal and infinite.