Interesting topic for many: what's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 6

JJerboa:
One would hope that after such changes, brokers would be quicker to introduce the MT5 platform than to abandon it altogether!
What does MT5 have to do with it, it's not changing.

Renat:

All OOP is now available in MQL4 with no restrictions. This is also the most delicious thing.

We are bringing all the functionality of MQL4 up to the level of MQL5, only disabling some OpenCL-like functions.

Will there be a Standard Class Library in MQL4++ like in MQL5?

MetaDriver:
What does MT5 have to do with it?
And because I was hoping that my brokerage would introduce mt5 at the end of the year, but there you have it - mt4 with a reduced functionality of mt5 :_(

Will there be an x64 terminal?

JJerboa:
One would hope that after such changes, brokers will be quicker to implement the MT5 platform than to abandon it altogether!

gentlemen, wake up.

Renat has reiterated ten times already that the changes affect MQL4 and client IDEs + terminals ONLY.

Brokers will not even feel these changes in terms of choosing MT4 or MT5. Who sat and will sit and sit. Why to change the forex in MT4 to forex in MT5 + netting shift for traders, if there is forex in MT4, as it was and adopted by all?

In fact, the changes are about - as Renat correctly put it - cutting off the tails of parasites. And this requires such a decision - to introduce in MQL4 all developments in protection that are now in MQL5.
We avoided it for a long time, pondering over the pros and cons, but the desire to manage the distribution of MT software won the day :)

And as the inherent carrot - you all get OOP, Market and some combination of ex4/5 libraries. But things might not be so poetic after that.

Laryx:

Will there be a Standard Class Library in MQL4++, like in MQL5?

What do you think? If there is OOP, it means there will be a tank and a helicopter.

But couldn't it be done before? They got lazy :)

kazakov.v:

Will there be an x64 terminal?

Probably not, otherwise the server has to be redesigned too.

sergeev:

...The changes are actually about - as Renat correctly put it - chopping off the tails of parasites...

Those who have moved to mt5 see advantages over the old platform. You should write something for 5 too

Renat:

All OOP is now available in MQL4 with no restrictions. This is also the most delicious thing.

We completely raise the functionality of MQL4 to the level of MQL5, only disabling some functions like OpenCL.

Geez, pardon me... I wanted to say admiration!

Very literate. Why show off possibilities of MT5 (in order to destroy MT4, of course for corporate purposes and with little effort), when you can let MT4 terminal contain capabilities of MQL5? But of course with limitations (no OCL and Cloud). Whose idea I wonder... A medal for that nameless MQ marketer.

ZS. I really think so...

Renat:

The latest is that two Brazilian stock brokers have launched MetaTrader 5 on the local Bovespa exchange, and two Polish brokers are already connecting directly to the Warsaw exchange.

Developing, connecting, certifying, marketing locally in each country and doing the implementation is a huge job that we do all the time. It is not done on a capstone level and such work is not visible on the forums. The way we are progressing makes me very happy.

I have heard about Brazil, and about America and China. It's a shame about my homeland, Russian software, after all).