Interesting topic for many: what's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 3

Silent:
On the custom history in MT5, has the position not changed?
No

papaklass:

Yes, the news came as a shock. Very unexpected.

To be honest, I'm already switching to another platform, as the processing speed on 4 is annoying. And all of a sudden this news.

Will you test it on your servers or will there be some brokers who will connect them? I would like to test on UST accounts.

We will test it on ours as we need server improvements as well.

New terminals will still support old server versions without using some new features. For example, trading operations will work with the old protocols.

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Типы торговых операций
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Типы торговых операций
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Типы торговых операций - Документация по MQL5

Renat:

We will test on our own, as server improvements are needed too.

The new terminals will still support the old server versions, without using some of the new features. For example, trading operations will work with the old protocols.

Will there be long awaited custom commands (information channels) ?

FAQ:
Will there be long-awaited custom commands (information channels) ?
What's the beast?

MetaDriver:
What's the beast?
there was a condemnation on one of the forums. can't find the thread now

FAQ:
Will there be long-awaited custom commands (information channels) ?
Yes, in the new servers.

Renat:

The prospects for both systems are good. They are designed for different markets.

We realized that we can improve the functionality of MT4 by extending the existing solutions (IDE + compiler) to MQL4 and we did it.

The multitude of jackals (all companies have such "friends") dance around us asking the same questions "when will you die? Most of them are stimulated by competitors and some of them are driven by envy.

It is naive to think in terms of "which system will survive". We're not just developing software, we're building a sustainable business, building and protecting our market share. At the moment we have a great position with a huge share of MetaTrader 4 forex and a growing share of MetaTrader 5 stock.

Our competitors are very unhappy that we have been actively upgrading MetaTrader 4 over the past six months, launching new services and not letting them play comparative games of "we have 3 features better than MetaTrader 4".

In any case, traders remain the winners - more and more services and features on the same platform.

Thanks for the comprehensive reply.

It was important for me to hear exactly from you (which I guessed for a long time) that MT4 is sharpened for forums and MT5 is sharpened for exchanges.

Now it's quite obvious that neither MT4 nor MT5 should be abandoned.

Will asynchronous orders be implemented! They are needed for example to close a stack of orders !

I don't get it. Will the old EAs on mql4 not work or what? Do we have to rewrite them?

sumkin75:
I don't get it. Will the old EAs on mql4 not work or what? Will they have to be rewritten?
I understood that everything will work in both terminals!