Service Work: Towards re-shaping the Top Developers towards professionalism - page 24

Wahoo:

One example.

The man wants a simple Expert Advisor. I told him $100 minimum for a new EA. He says: OK, 100 for the Expert Advisor + 100 for not giving it to anyone else + 50 for not losing it within a year.

I didn't turn it down. I got the job done in a day. I think we are all adults here and we all understand that it is not difficult :).

Hello, can you tell me where to find such golden customers, who pay good money for work + confidentiality + technical support for a year? The vast majority imply all this combined for well under 100.

sanyooooook: Roche, Renat, for not saying 100 for having 50 for a year, MAFIA, definitely ))

It's not mafia, it's social engineering.

I have no complaints against Wahoo.

Mathemat:
It's not mafia, it's social engineering. No complaints about Wahoo.

Here you go.

Roche, Renat, Matemat 100 for silence, 50 for tech support.

All of you are in cahoots there ))

Diubakin:
Funny, do not tell me where to look for such a golden customers who pay for work a decent amount + the same for confidentiality + for tech support for a year! The vast majority implies all of this together for a sum well below 100.

This one found me :). It's actually quite simple. I don't take jobs below 100. Except in exceptional cases. This explains the statistics.

Strange that people who write $10-$30 in their requests then wonder why their average fee is $15 ;)

sanyooooook:

there you go.

Roche, Renat, Matemat...

Don't be so loud, they'll get to you soon)))...

After all, we work on the internet, which is not to say that in Russia, for example. And if we take a closer look at the local "record holders", it turns out that, working almost round the clock, they have a much more modest income compared, for example, with the average West-European salary, which implies a 5*8 workload. It could be argued, of course, that not all of their projects are visible here, but the fact remains that even 250 for such custom-made toys is very, very cheap.

Wex:

After all, we work on the internet, which is not to say that in Russia, for example. And if we take a closer look at the local "record holders", it turns out that, working almost round the clock, they have a much more modest income compared, for example, with the average West-European salary, which implies a 5*8 workload. It could be argued, of course, that not all of their projects are visible here, but the fact remains that even 250 for such custom-made toys is very, very cheap.

In fact I have never come across anyone who would be willing to pay so "cheap" ))).

Wex:

Here I don't understand why $100-$200 for a day's work seems like something unusual and abnormal to many people here :). Everyone assesses their own time.

Diubakin:
I've never really come across anyone willing to pay so 'cheap' ))).
You'd better be quicker, you might trip over one someplace.)

Wahoo:
I do not understand why $100-$200 for a day's work seems unusual and abnormal to many people here :). Everyone evaluates his or her own time.

In the Udmurt forests, 100 is a third of a month's salary ))