Discussing conflicts between programmers and customers. A discussion of ambiguous situations between the programmer and the client, and a rating of the most conflicted programmer performers. - page 24

papaklass:

This thread is an example of corporate defense, where one group (in this case the performers) is trying in every way to show all the "hardships and deprivations" of their profession.

One programmer describes the task as something complicated and expensive, time-consuming and, well, very expensive.

The other, silently doing it in two days, for a reasonable price. This happens all the time.

For new customers, I can only sympathize, and recommend - do not hesitate to place the work on a competitive basis.

You save yourself time, money and nerves. There are many normal programmers who do their work well and silently.

They do not pad their prices: Oh, how difficult, yes, the stupid customers do not understand anything, yes this feature fundamentally changes the concept of the program, yes I can not do anything with your requirements specification so badly drafted,

You do not know what you want, blah, blah, blah.

Normal programmer immediately point out the mistakes and tell you how best to do, with these people nice to work and such certainly are on this site.

For what they are personally from me as a customer - thank you very much.

papaklass:

We know we are wrong, but the honour of the uniform must be protected.

If we are wrong, it is only that prices are low and cannot cover unforeseen costs. So we have to raise the price. Which of you customers pay a programmer $100 per day - this is kind of a normal rate for a programmer (and not even normal anymore, but low).

Integer:
Which of you customers pay a programmer $100 a day, which is kind of a normal rate for a programmer's work (and not even normal, but low).
We have Uzbeks working as janitors in our yard. They work well. They say (verbally) that they work for a third of the official wage. Whose fault is that?

Yedelkin:
We have Uzbeks working as janitors in our yard. They work well. They say (verbally) that they work for a third of a janitor's official salary. And who is to blame?
It is known who - papaklass

Yedelkin:
We have Uzbeks working as janitors in our yard. They work well. They say (verbally) that they work for a third of a janitor's official salary. And whose fault is that?
Sorry, but Uzbeks do not work in my yard, and when Armenians worked on the roof, everyone knew that they worked for three official salaries.

Mischek:
It's known who - papaklass
:)

Integer:

Yedelkin:
We have Uzbeks working as janitors in our yard. They do a good job. They say (verbally) that they work for a third of a janitor's official salary. Whose fault is that?
Excuse me, but Uzbeks do not work in my yard, and when Armenians were working on the roof, everybody knew - they work for three official salaries.
Well, the Armenians did not complain about being paid low wages, did they? Who is to blame for the Uzbeks and programmers for the "abnormally low" rates?

Yedelkin:
Well, the Armenians didn't complain about being paid a low rate, did they? Who is to blame the Uzbeks and programmers for the "abnormally low" rates?
Better ask the question later - who is to blame for programmers raising prices when it happens. For now, rejoice and enjoy the opportunity.

Integer:
Better to ask the question later - who is to blame for the programmers raising prices when it happens. For now, be happy and enjoy the opportunity.
I am not the customer, so I do not care :) I will even be happy for the performers. And the question remains open about the subtheme you raised: who is to blame for the "abnormally low" rates of Uzbeks and programmers?

Yedelkin:
I am not a customer, so I don't care :) And the question remains open about the sub-topic you raised: who is to blame for the "abnormally low" rates in front of Uzbeks and programmers?
What do you think?