Discussing conflicts between programmers and customers. A discussion of ambiguous situations between the programmer and the client, and a rating of the most conflicted programmer performers. - page 17

Urain:

This is a typical example of how the client cannot understand the formal terms of reference.

The client asked for a Mercedes, the contractor offered it to him (and whatever intermediaries he got the Mercedes from, which special equipment is the contractor's problem), the order is fulfilled and it has to be paid for.

If you want an executive car Mercedes, then write it that way,

Otherwise you will get a telepathic performer who will offer you a Mercedes A150, and you will be dissatisfied again.

This is exactly the problem of communication, when a person is writing, he always tries to reduce the text, it's different when he is speaking. If the person came and wrote on a piece of paper, I'm sure he would have received a tractor, but if he said it in words, he would probably talk so much that the seller would get so much information that he would never think about any tractor. As you need to prove, the voice rules!

Bormotun:
This is exactly the problem of communication.

I'm sorry.

ZS corrected the post above.

At one time, the people of western and eastern Germany had a communication problem (after unification), they spoke the same language but had different mental values, so they often did not understand each other. The same thing is with the trader and the programmer, they have different ways of thinking, so you describe everything formally, without relying on what the interlocutor comes up with. He may think the wrong way.

Urain:

or else you'll end up with a telepathic performer

it's from here and here - Telepath Club - herehttps://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/133408
Клуб Телепатов - MQL4 форум
  • www.mql5.com
Клуб Телепатов - MQL4 форум

Urain:

He could be thinking the wrong way round.

My case.

abolk:
it's from here and here - Telepath Club - herehttps://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/133408

Well, I'm about to guess that you need a car, so telepathy.

But that's a mistake too, you wanted an executive car and they sold you an Ashka.

I have a suggestion to the administration of this site, if you make a button to visit this branch of the forum, before the button agreement on the work, the customers will be a very big help in choosing a potential performer of the order.

OK, it's been fun, time to go:)

Well, if you are such a formalist-letterist, why don't you take the trouble to formalize your TOR, from A to Z, and present it to the contractor?

Bormotun:

OK, it's been fun, time to go:)

Yeah )) if you get bored, come on in, we'll kick your asses again

Mischek:
Yeah )) if you get bored, come on over, we'll kick your asses again.
Misha, you're a big +100500.

Conflict situations would be less if the customer saw how many times this or that performer refused to order, as well as feedback on this work

both on the customer side and on the contractor side.

I have worked with programmers both on and off this service. Everywhere there are both normal, understanding people and outright jerks,

They would first take the order without going into the terms of reference, then prodinamyut week, then another and blame that I have not reminded about the order, then it turns out that the terms of reference is crooked and there were difficulties,

Then they ask to describe the different states of the EA, after agreeing on the ToR, when the layout is to be submitted.

Then the artist appeals to the arbitration, with a request to cancel the order, as there is no desire to do it, and arbitration says "Well, we can not force the performer to do what he does not want, you get your money back.

As a result, the customer is a moron, and the contractor is white and fluffy, and the arbitrator is very good, he is just a beauty.

So, if there were normal statistics on refusals, with comments from both sides, it would be easier to find a normal programmer, it would be a rating of conflicting customers/executors.