MQL5 training - page 12

tol64:
Okay. I might make a list of everything I've got one of these days. It's not much. About 120 books. I'll send you the list. If there's anything you can't find, I'll upload it to a file-sharing site or email it to you. But I think everything I have can easily be found on the internet.
I would like to clarify, that time will not be wasted, if you will undertake: I am interested in books on Forex, which cannot be found in the Internet in free access. May be you can remember them. thanks in advance :)

TheXpert:
Better yet, you ate a pill and already know how to program in MQL5 to the fullest extent. There is no harm in dreaming.

There is a book on C++, e.g. by Daytels, which you actually eat a tablet. They don't just teach you to copy code, but immerse you into the essence of OOP and show you the benefits it brings. And you start to write code consciously, realizing that you do it right.

If I learned C++ by copying someone else's code, most likely, I wouldn't have written destructors and freed memory (don't need it, it works) and would use static arrays instead of dynamic ones. In other words, I would program through the same place.

And materials on this site and comments of the "take a week and you'll understand everything" kind do not contribute to forming a culture of correct coding but on the contrary lead to a situation when people mostly write what they can. And this has a feedback: a lot of articles about MQL5 written by such self-taught authors that have no such a culture at all leads to the situation where there is no opportunity to learn how to code correctly.

The MQL5 developers must be shocked by how poorly people use their language. A large proportion of "programmers" here are microscoping nails with a microscope.

And that's why I'm talking about MQs having to take on this educational task - no one else will do it right. Otherwise it will be too hard to turn the consciousness of the masses in the right direction afterwards.

PS: An example from recent history: HTML4. During that period when in the world reigned crooked Internet Explorer 6, people got used to layout so crumbly that when the right browsers appeared, no one could understand why they did not display sites correctly. And they didn't know how to fix it (although the HTML/CSS documentation was very clear on this). It took a few years to bring the coding culture back to the masses.

An electronic version can be downloaded here.

Libbook.info
Libbook.info
  • www.libbook.info
Find Cash Advance, Debt Consolidation and more at Libbook.info. Get the best of Insurance or Free Credit Report, browse our section on Cell Phones or learn about Life Insurance. Libbook.info is the site for Cash Advance.

tol64:

You can download an electronic version here.

Don't.

This wonderful book is called "How to Program in C".

// With appropriate content. (there is only a small section about C++ at the end).

"How to Program in C++" by the same authors : here.

Libbook.info
Libbook.info
  • www.libbook.info
Find Cash Advance, Debt Consolidation and more at Libbook.info. Get the best of Insurance or Free Credit Report, browse our section on Cell Phones or learn about Life Insurance. Libbook.info is the site for Cash Advance.

papaklass:

Yes, if you didn't know OOP, it's hard to get a handle on it from the website materials.

It's a moot point. Oh, come on.

papaklass:
I'll take a pill, then we'll talk.
Good luck with that. Deep sea dive for at least two months. It's gonna be tough.

papaklass:
I'm not ready to have an evidentiary discussion with you right now. When I take a pill, we'll talk about it.
What's the point of debating now or later? :) I have my own successful personal experience of acquaintance with OOP on the basis of the site's materials. You will have an experience through a pill. Do you expect anyone to change anyone's mind? That's why I added: "Never mind.

TheXpert:
Good luck. Deep sea diving for at least two months. It's going to be tough.
A funny pun.papaklass thinks that it is difficult to understand the PLO from the site materials. you are telling him to absorb the pill (third-party information): "It will be hard". :)

Yedelkin:
What a funny pun.papaklass thinks that it is difficult to understand OOP from the materials of the site. You tell him to absorb the tablet (third-party information): "It will be hard". :)

OOP is a complicated thing, even for professional programmers. And to understand such a complicated thing by the scattered materials on this site is much more difficult than to overcome a well-structured, but third-party information.

I don't remember where I saw it, but there was such a funny post about becoming an OOP programmer, so even in that joke four years were allocated for understanding of OOP Tao (1 - use of alien objects, 2 - design of own creepy hierarchies, 3 - use of patterns, 4 - clear understanding of where OOP must be applied and where not).

Vladix:

OOP is a complicated thing, even for professional programmers. And to understand such a complicated thing by the scattered materials on this site is much more difficult than to overcome a well-structured, but third-party information.

I don't remember where I saw it, but there was such a funny post about becoming an OOP programmer that even in that joke it took four years to understand OOP Tao (1 - to use foreign objects, 2 - to design your own awful hierarchies, 3 - to use patterns, 4 - a clear understanding of where OOP should be applied and where not)

What a passion. Based on web-site materials and forum replies - 3-4 months for unhurried understanding of OOP applied meaning and "appropriate thinking structure". Then - application with parallel broadening of horizons.