Interesting and Humour - page 527

Mischek:
Efficiency is probably high, you can use pressure difference to the last drop, and it is extremely low with an engine, roughly speaking, the amount of heat evolved during engine operation is equal to the amount of mechanical energy produced.
You are an optimist, sir! I don't think the efficiency of modern combustion engines is more than 30 %. One can hardly use pressure difference to the last drop. In fact, if pressure falls to a certain level, it cannot overcome resistance that occurs during movement. The car will simply stop and that's it. And it's the acceleration that uses the most energy.

C-4:
And yet, that's not the main issue. Whether it's 2 minutes or 10 is irrelevant. The question is, how much work will it cost to blast that volume of air? What engine in the station will do the work? What are the characteristics of this engine and how economical is it? Won't we end up burning the same amount of fuel in one place to get compressed air in another? Where is the economy and the environment?
Turbines, probably. Not with a compressor. But the cost is definitely higher. One euro.

C-4:
And yet, that is not the main issue. 2 minutes or 10 minutes is irrelevant. The question is, how much will it cost to blast that volume of air? What engine in the station will do the work? What are the characteristics of this engine and how economical is it? Won't we end up burning the same amount of fuel in one place to get compressed air in another? How economical and environmentally friendly is it?

Well, the refuelling station is stationary, you can put an electric motor, they have quite high efficiencies. And power generation in large volumes at power plants has always been cheaper (higher efficiencies) than small scattered plants.

Even if one station runs on diesel, it's more environmentally friendly than many diesel engines.

Urain:

Well, the refuelling station is stationary, you can put an electric motor, they have quite high efficiencies. And generating large amounts of electricity in power plants has always been cheaper (higher efficiency) than small isolated plants.

Even if one power plant runs on diesel, it is more environmentally friendly than many diesel engines.

The filling station is likely to have a large tank. A turbine blows into it. And from there to the cars.

sumkin75:
Turbines, probably. Not with a compressor. But the cost is definitely higher. 1 euro.
Not turbines, but turbochargers, they can also be powered by electricity

For me, nothing beats mobile nuclear reactors.

C-4:
For me, nothing beats mobile nukes.
For terrorists :(

C-4:
For me, nothing beats mobile nuclear reactors.
I was thinking the same thing, by the way. Just need a small one, like an ironman.

sumkin75:
I was thinking the same thing, by the way. Just need a small one, like an iron man.

For low energy consumption, the best option is to use a nuclear battery.

Imagine a mobile phone that never needs charging or a nuclear car that doesn't need fuel for a year.

sumkin75:
I was thinking the same thing, by the way. Only you need a small one, like an iron man.

Man, are you guys losing your minds?

A nuclear reactor is a machine without brakes, getting power from a self-accelerating reaction is always potentially dangerous, it takes decades to learn how to operate reactors, and it still remains dangerous.

Nuclear waste cannot be disposed of, it can only be hidden.

And you want to crush control in the form of mass minisystems.

The more massive the more difficult it is to ensure safety, both technological and terrorist.