Interesting and Humour - page 46

:)

maxfade:
Why not? They "print" it layer by layer - it's all real, it's just a question of the accuracy of the "print".

You can't because the printer has no information about the hidden parts. How could the scanner obtain the internal contents of the key? It's not an X-ray...

And if you "print" a pre-prepared 3D model, it'll probably work.

But I still have my doubts ;)

komposter:

...How would a scanner get the inside contents of a key? It's not an X-ray...

And if you "print out" a pre-prepared 3D model, it would probably work.

But I still have my doubts ;)

Logically, as I understand it, he couldn't even get the back of the key.

Definitely "filed" in the computer, but I don't see any difficulty in printing out an already prepared 3D model.

That's a cool thing to do. I wonder how long it would take to print using materials from the entire Mendeleev table and bringing the "process thickness" down to a single atom?

And would it then be possible to print, say, an ordinary chicken egg?

voix_kas:

And would it then be possible to print, say, an ordinary chicken egg?

Irrelevant:)

The Paris you'll never see.

Part 1. Part 2. Part 3.

A 3D scanner cannot get information about the inner workings of a key and, of course, you need to modify the model with special software.

And full-fledged (mechanically working) mechanism models of any complexity can easily be printed to an accuracy of 0.001 mm (perhaps there are already more accurate printer models), as long as the model fits in the chamber (but that's not a problem either, as prefabricated structures can be printed).

Modern 3D printers print in several thousand colours, and the physical properties of the printed model are very accurate, from rubber to very strong ceramics.

komposter:

You can't because the printer has no information about the hidden parts. How could the scanner obtain the internal contents of the key? It's not an x-ray.

And who said they showed a complete process?

They scanned the key, converted it into a 3D model, refined the component parts, sent it to the printer.

Don't look for deception where none exists. I'm wondering how different colours are produced - is it based on the same principle as in colour printers, or is it something more subtle?

TheXpert:

I'm wondering how different colours are produced - is it based on the same principle as in colour printers, or is it something more subtle?

It's true that 3D printers are much inferior in terms of colour gamut to, say, inkjet printing, but there's no need for that.

hmm, private owners of such printers (there are very compact, easy-to-maintain, dust-free models) can run quite a profitable business - custom printing, from customer busts to fantastic surrealistic forms of "figurines" and geometric three-dimensional figures (for example, 3D fractals)