Interesting and Humour - page 3721

Dmitry Fedoseev:

What's the point of a story when you can observe society. You know, I went to school in another city - lived in a dorm, saw 20-year-old alcoholics, then worked in various organizations...

So what? There are alcoholics everywhere, and in the US there are not less of them than in Russia, but even more. Besides, smoking marijuana there is the order of the day, so what?

You remind me of a character from Graffiti Falls... There's a stoned asshole who screams "USA! USA! USA! USAaaaaaah!" .... It's exactly the same.

The Simpsons, Gravity Falls, Lexx and many many other works of states wonderfully mock themselves, all their rotting soreness.

Andrey Dik:
So what? There are alcoholics everywhere, and in the US there are not less than in Russia, but even more. Besides, smoking marijuana there is the order of the day, so what?

But alcoholics do not impose their alcoholism everywhere.

And the reason why certain psychoactive substances are banned by all states is very interesting... so we won't discuss it. In case you don't know, in the '70s the US cracked down very hard on LSD addicts.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

But not everywhere alcoholics impose their alcoholism.

And the reason why certain psychoactive substances are banned by all states is very interesting... so we won't discuss it. In case you don't know, in the 70's the US cracked down on LSD addicts very harshly.

Who imposes their alcoholism on you?

Where are psychoactive substances banned? THE U.S.? Don't make my slippers laugh.

In Russia, yes, they are banned, the punishment is very severe; in China, firing squad; in most Arab and Eastern countries, it is banned and severely punished. But in the West, you are welcome to smoke and drink as much as you like.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

This is the central feature of the mentality - to be kept by the Tsar.

So what's the use of the fact that anyone who wanted to get in and finish? What is the level of education? We have an institute with thousands of students, the largest in the region, a technical one, lectures in mathematics for a flow of 250 people are given by a candidate of mathematical sciences. That's amazing - half the country could find a doctor of mathematics.

But now what good will it do if everyone who can pay can become an academician? What is the level of education?

Andrey Dik:

So what? There are alcoholics everywhere, and in the USA there are not less of them than in Russia, but even more. Besides, smoking marijuana there is the order of the day, so what?

You remind me of a character from Graffiti Falls... There's a stoned jerk who screams "USA! USA! USA! USAaaaaaah!" .... It's just like that.

The Simpsons, Gravity Falls, Lexx and many other state productions make a great mockery of themselves, all their own rotten ills.

You remind me of someone too, I was about ten years old and once we were in some guy's garage. There were three men sitting around a tomato crate, a newspaper on the crate, a herring, an onion and a bottle of vodka... and they were discussing the war in the Gulf...

Alexey Viktorov:
What good is it now that anyone who can pay can become an academic? What is the level of education?

Have you been drinking today? Already in shape, ready to have an intellectual conversation?

Yes, the level of science, technology and economy in the US is very high. But does it affect the ordinary citizens of this country and make them happy? It is difficult to say unequivocally. My nephew got a green card and emigrated with his wife to New York from Bishkek. In Bishkek, after graduating from the Physical Education Institute, he worked as a school teacher. In New York, he struggled to get a job as an ambulance driver and rented a semi-basement apartment to live in. My wife, who had previously worked as a primary school teacher, took a job as a nurse. At first, he admired all the skyscrapers and other sights. In time, however, I realised that in life it was not so important where you lived or what sights there were, but that it was important to have prospects, opportunities for development and career advancement. But that did not happen, life did not work out, his wife and child left him because of life's hardships. Recently he flew to Moscow to visit his brother, whose fortunes were more favourable: he is a military doctor (a colonel in the medical service) and his wife owns a tailoring shop. They have a large country house in the suburbs of Moscow. He took a look at his brother's life and, evidently, envied him. He wanted to get a job in Russia, but there were problems with his citizenship. Since he had emigrated to New York from Kyrgyzstan and not from Russia, some difficulties arose. In the end, it didn't work out and he had to go back. He was accepted back into the ER. It turned out that the place was not taken, although he had been in Moscow for quite a while. So there you go, it's good where we are not.)

Dmitry Fedoseev:

You also reminded me of someone when I was about ten years old, and one day we went to a guy's garage with some guys. There were three men sitting around a tomato crate, a newspaper on the crate, a herring, an onion and a bottle of vodka... and they were discussing the war in the Gulf...

I think you were severely abused by your parents as a child, perhaps even beaten. Hence the hidden projection of your childhood grievances and fears onto people around you and the country you live in. You are not the only one on this forum, at least I know a few others.

Andrey Dik:

I think you were abused by your parents as a child, perhaps even beaten. Hence the hidden projection of your childhood grievances and fears onto the people around you and the country you live in. You are not the only one on this forum, at least I know a few others.

And I think you haven't finished reading the third page of some popular psychology book (which, by the way, was banned in the Soviet Union).