Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 2852

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:
In any case, there is a certain resource, after the exhaustion of which the brain does not change much,

YouTube is full of videos by Tatiana Chernigovskaya, a major expert on the brain, linguistics, and other related topics.

She has a completely different understanding of the brain.

Unlike other organs, the brain does not age, moreover, the brain can be trained until death. We're not looking at pathologies like alheimer's.

The brain in her opinion is not one big bowl that you fill to the brim and that's it. It's more analogous to the many vessels we fill throughout our lives. There are some that you fill and you can't take any more. And there are many vessels that we have not started to fill - there is not enough life. It is never too late to start filling the empty vessels and fill the not fully filled ones.

He gives an example of learning languages (by the way, one of the most effective in the fight against senile dementia). A person learns a new language and what is amazing is that this new language does NOT mix with the existing one. No matter how many languages a person learns - all of them will be apart: they are in different vessels. That is why Chernigovskaya recommends to start a new type of intellectual activity once a year. Studying new things an elderly person gets the effect as when studying new things in youth. And this newly filled vessel is the same as in youth coexist with once filled dried up vessels. The choice is up to everyone: to wait for the once filled vessels to dry up or to fill new ones all the time. As an example: actors who stayed on the stage until deep old age are able to memorise huge texts, and those who left the stage - the fate is not enviable.

So the brain dies of laziness.

СанСаныч Фоменко #:

YouTube is full of videos by Tatiana Chernigovskaya, a major expert on the brain, linguistics and other related topics.

She has a completely different understanding of the brain.

Unlike other organs, the brain does not age, moreover, the brain can be trained until death. Pathologies like alheimer's are not considered.

The brain in her opinion is not one big bowl that you fill to the brim and that's it. It's more analogous to the many vessels we fill throughout our lives. There are some that you fill up and you can't take any more. And there are many vessels that we have not started to fill - there is not enough life. It is never too late to start filling empty vessels and to fill not fully filled ones.

He gives an example of learning languages (by the way, one of the most effective in the fight against senile dementia). A person learns a new language and what is amazing is that this new language does NOT mix with the existing one. No matter how many languages a person learns - all of them will be apart: they are in different vessels. That is why Chernigovskaya recommends to start a new type of intellectual activity once a year. By learning new things an elderly person gets the same effect as when learning new things in youth.

And the brain dies from laziness.

Chernigovskaya is an excellent example of hormonal influence on the brain, especially manifested in women. Since she was kicked out of the academy, she engaged in near-scientific pseudo-philosophical activities that have nothing to do with reality. One need only look at her poetic perception of reality, which does not fade due to the constant support of hormones produced in her artificially induced religiously-exalted states.

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:
Chernigovskaya is a perfect example of the hormonal influence on the brain, especially in women. Since she was kicked out of the academy, she engaged in pseudo-philosophical pseudo-scientific activities that have nothing to do with reality. One need only look at her poetic perception of reality, which does not fade due to the constant support of hormones produced in her religiously-exalted states.

Spit always stays on the spitters. It's about time you knew that.

Especially when it comes to someone like Chernigovskaya.

Tatyana Vladimirovna Chernigovskaya ( born7 February1947,Leningrad,RSFSR,USSR) is a Soviet and Russian scientist in the field ofneuroscience and psycholinguistics, as well as thetheory of consciousness. Doctor of Biological Sciences, Doctor of Philological Sciences,Corresponding Member of theRussian Academy of Sciences. Honoured Worker of Higher Education andHonoured Worker of Science of the Russian Federation ( 2010). Professor of the Department of General Linguistics ofSt. Petersburg State University, Head of the Laboratory of Cognitive Studies and the Chair of the Problems of Convergence of Natural Sciences and Humanities of St. Petersburg State University.

PS. It is impossible to be kicked out of the academy. You can look at the list of members. She is number 143.

It's come to this.

СанСаныч Фоменко #:

Spit always stays on the spitters. You should know that.

Especially when it comes to someone like Chernigovskaya.

Tatyana Vladimirovna Chernigovskaya ( born7 February1947,Leningrad,RSFSR,USSR) is a Soviet and Russian scientist in the field ofneuroscience and psycholinguistics, as well as thetheory of consciousness. Doctor of Biological Sciences, Doctor of Philological Sciences,Corresponding Member of theRussian Academy of Sciences. Honoured Worker of Higher Education andHonoured Worker of Science of the Russian Federation ( 2010). Professor of the Department of General Linguistics ofSt. Petersburg State University, Head of the Laboratory of Cognitive Studies and the Department of Convergence Problems of Natural Sciences and Humanities of St. Petersburg State University.

PS. It is impossible to be kicked out of the academy. You can look at the list of members. She's number 143.

Haven't studied the biography in detail, heard it from other members in passing. I don't know how far you can take it, but I see her more as an artistic character. There's roughly nothing there from science. That's my personal opinion. I can't listen for long to a hodgepodge of religion, poetry and quoting some scientific studies and then twisting it to my own liking.

СанСаныч Фоменко #:
Gives an example on language learning (incidentally, one of the most effective in combating senile dementia).

Remembering is not thinking or analysing. We all here do not memorise, but study, analyse and think.
Memorising words is a dull occupation, the most boring, aimless (except in the case of moving to another country).

But yes - it will improve blood circulation in the brain, and it will age slower (or rather separate zones responsible for memorisation). It is better to drive blood through the brain with the help of studying MO. It is more interesting and there is a prospect to earn money.

I don't know about Chernigovskaya, I haven't looked. But it is hard to disagree with Savelyev's arguments. He recommends calligraphy to develop fine motor skills. And to diversify activities in general. The more varied it is, the more different parts of the brain are supplied with blood. If something is not used, it degenerates. It is necessary not only to sit and think, but also to have diverse physical activity, sing, draw, etc.

Although Savelyev is also a bug - he wants several billion to create a super tomograph, which is not yet in nature, to study the brain zones of people while they are still alive (and give them a professional orientation: one to poets, another to physicists, another to sports, and people without particularly pronounced zones - to the factory, etc.). Now he can see something only in a brain that lies on a table and is cut into thin layers.

elibrarius #:

Memorising is not thinking or analysing. We are not memorising here, but researching, analysing and thinking.
Memorising words is dull, boring, aimless (except in the case of moving to another country).

But yes - it will improve blood circulation in the brain, and it will age slower (or rather separate zones responsible for memorisation). It is better to drive blood through the brain with the help of studying MO. It is more interesting and there is a prospect of earning money.

I don't know about Chernigovskaya, I haven't looked. But it is hard to disagree with Savelyev's arguments. He recommends calligraphy to develop fine motor skills. And to diversify activities in general. The more varied it is, the more different parts of the brain are supplied with blood. If something is not used, it degenerates. It is necessary not only to sit and think, but also to have diverse physical activity, sing, draw, etc.

Although Savelyev is also a bug - he wants several billion to create a super tomograph, which is not yet in nature, in order to study the brain areas of people while they are still alive (and give them professional orientation to one to become a poet, another to become a physicist, another to work in a factory, etc.). Now he can see something only in the brain, which lies on the table and is cut into thin layers.

Doesn't sound equal to me.

Sergey Vyacheslavovich Savelyev ( born7 March1959[1],Moscow) is a Soviet and Russian biologist and author of widely criticised original concepts. He is a doctor of biological sciences, professor[2]. Sergey Savelyev's statements and books have been repeatedly criticised by experts for a large number of factual errors, anti-science and incorrect conclusions[3][4][5]. Go to the Criticism section. He was twice nominated for the VRALAnti-Premium.

To summarise the level of challenges that Chernihivska addresses

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:
And those who think are squirming in agony from the constant lack of nutrients and oxygen to the brain due to its active work :) so the creative process is not a pleasure as many people think.

And it is unlikely that anyone will engage in it at will, without absolute necessity.

That's where I agree. That's why I got pills from a neurologist to stimulate brain activity.

Though about enjoyment, there is a certain state of treacle, when you experience pleasure from activity and at that time everything works out. This is more likely to happen when you think over an idea and get pleasure from its realisation, in the same process of writing code.

elibrarius #:

We eat well and open the window.

It seems to me that those who are doing AI here have no special need. I think we are partly hooked on solving an unsolvable (almost) problem. And with so much time and effort invested, it's a pity to give up. So we go on following a phantom hope. If there was a need, we would go to the factory.

I am now in a situation aggravated by the lack of any sources of income. I have lost not only time, but also my health, so I really want to get a positive result.

Aleksey Vyazmikin #:

I agree with you on that one. That's why I got the pills from the neurologist to stimulate my brain.

Although about enjoyment, there is a certain state of treacle, when you experience pleasure from activity and at that time everything works out. This is more likely to happen when you think over an idea and get pleasure from its realisation, in the same process of writing code.

I am now in a situation aggravated by the absence of any sources of income. I have lost not only time, but also my health, so I really want to get a positive result.

After neurostimulators, you will also suffer from memory lapses afterwards.