Trading with Price Action

Do indicators work? Is there any indicator on the market to date which does not lag?

Why dont people concentrate more on trading with price action ONLY as it has proven to be more profitable in the long term?

Hussain Patel:

Do indicators work? Is there any indicator on the market to date which does not lag?

Why dont people concentrate more on trading with price action ONLY as it has proven to be more profitable in the long term?

All indicators are based on price action.

Price Action

The forum

• All About Price Action - the key thread 
  • Market Condition Evaluation (2 EAs were created) - the post as a summary of price action thread
  • Price Action Trading - small thread with videos
  • What is Price Action? the post with video
  • Trading Price Action Reversals : Al Brooks - the book
  • Trading Price Action Trading Ranges : Al Brooks - the book 
  • Indicators VS Forex Price Action - the post with small article
  • Interview with Al Brooks, price Action day trader and the author of 'Trading Price Action Reversals' - the post with video
  • Video Lesson - Price Action: Introduction To Price Action Trading (what is price action, basic set-ups and stop placement, and more) - the post 
  • The Three Most Popular Indicators for Day-Trading - the post with small article

CodeBase

The articles

The blogs

The market

• many in search here

Keith Watford:

All indicators are based on price action.

Yes true, but the information an indicator gives is after the event. its too late to trade with that information. Where as price action is present information. If you can translate the behaviour of a candlestick, then you are in essence you have a scope as to what the market is thinking. How confident is the market, is the market indicating a reversal? Is the market  not sure so its ranging?

What do I mean by the market?

The market is the collection of all the traders trading in that market.

Have you heard about the concept wisdom of the crowd?

Hussain Patel:

Yes true, but the information an indicator gives is after the event. its too late to trade with that information. Where as price action is present information. If you can translate the behaviour of a candlestick, then you are in essence you have a scope as to what the market is thinking. How confident is the market, is the market indicating a reversal? Is the market  not sure so its ranging?

No it's not too late to trade you can spot the formations of patterns and when you have an indicator that is good at identifying the onset of a specific pattern then you can trade that event.

Hussain Patel:

You are talking about candlestick patterns?

Still after the event, not present. The last 2 or 3 candles have no influence on what will happen next.

Have you ever read

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds ...

A must for all traders in my opinion.

Keith Watford:

You are talking about candlestick patterns?

Still after the event, not present. The last 2 or 3 candles have no influence on what will happen next.

Have you ever read

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds ...

A must for all traders in my opinion.

I trade exactly the way you describe it dont work.But for me it does. How can it not with the wisdom of the crowds?

imho, both indicators and price action work. misused indicators really lag.

You can try to catch and trade the market's inertial cycle this is really a basic principle of things in motion that want to stay in motion after the push or pull has ended this also relates to momentum.

Usually you only need the last candle which is constantly adjusted on every tick while all older bars are usually drawn according to a specific formula but these are only there to make it look good.