Discussion of article "Visual strategy builder. Creating trading robots without programming" - page 4

Hi Andrey,

This is a wonderful tool, just a quick question, are there any method to zoom out or zoom in at the building dashboard, coz some time the strategy get big and messy, i cant link them up unless i can zoom out..

Thanks again for your creation!

Regards

kimkim999:

Hi Andrey,

This is a wonderful tool, just a quick question, are there any method to zoom out or zoom in at the building dashboard, coz some time the strategy get big and messy, i cant link them up unless i can zoom out..

Thanks again for your creation!

Regards

Hi,

no, there is no zoom. But you can drag the layer with elements to locate the needed ones.

@Andrey Barinov

This is awesome!

I was googling how to make a drag and drop application and I stumble on this.

Which language did you use to accomplish a rendering like this? I am really interested of that more than anything else.

I saw a few code and examples to accomplish similar app but it was in html/css/javascript, but your work looks awesome.

I am not familiar with MQL5 at all.

Best regards

gobezcontrol:

@Andrey Barinov

This is awesome!

I was googling how to make a drag and drop application and I stumble on this.

Which language did you use to accomplish a rendering like this? I am really interested of that more than anything else.

I saw a few code and examples to accomplish similar app but it was in html/css/javascript, but your work looks awesome.

I am not familiar with MQL5 at all.

Best regards

Hi, thanks for the kind words.

it was coded 100% on MQL

May I know how to compare time without comparing date? Thanks.

Wing Chun Lam:
May I know how to compare time without comparing date? Thanks.

there are multiple elements to work with time. One of them is called Time Passed, it shows the difference between 2 times

Andrey Barinov:

there are multiple elements to work with time. One of them is called Time Passed, it shows the difference between 2 times

Thanks for your quick response. Actually, I want to trade in a market session, say NY market hours, but no idea how to do it in Visual strategy builder. I find there are some time components can be used, but it seems all include date and time when comparing.

Wing Chun Lam:
Thanks for your quick response. Actually, I want to trade in a market session, say NY market hours, but no idea how to do it in Visual strategy builder. I find there are some time components can be used, but it seems all include date and time when comparing.

Use element Time In Range. You can set time without date using Time From string element.

Andrey Barinov:

Use element Time In Range. You can set time without date using Time From string element.

Thanks. It's really a great tools to help speeding up the testing of trading idea.

This program looks really interesting. At first this product seemed to be for everyone, but after reading the article and watching the video, it's truly made for programmers due to the fact that the person still needs to know programming logic. Sure you made it easier for someone who starting from scratch to begin to "code" but without understanding programming logic, it will be very frustrating for someone starting from scratch to use it successful. This product is great for programmers because they won't have to program from scratch.

It would be wise to have some sort of manual or video lessons. For example, how do create an EA using your product that would sell resistance or buy support. Resistance and support are very subjective. It could be the high or low of the candle or could be the close of it, or a pivot, or could be based on fractal or zig zag. Without a manual or video lessons, it's going to be trial and error for the user.

I hope you take it as constructive critique. I would love to purchase this product, but I'm afraid I would be disappointed with myself for not knowing programming logic or the fact that it has no manual or video lessons.