Kolachi Method of Trading - page 32

Hi Alejandro,

Yes in KM we can go against the main trend. The reason is that it is all matter of frame of reference. Let us take example of daily chart of eur/usd. ATR 21 shows us that its avergae dialy range is 100 pips.It means that usually we see candles roughly covering 100 pips. A daily chart is composed of 24 hourly candles and 48 candles of 30 M. As soon as new daily candle appears, it will keep on oscillating over this ATR for next 24 hours.

So if we are using KM on 30M or 1H we will atleast get more than two or three opportunites when we can go long and short without worrying about trend.

Please keep in mind that i have given a very very simple and general example just to make you understand why KM opts for counter trend trades too. Abvoe all when you enter on slope change of wma5, you always get an opportunity to BE or exit with minium loss.

kolachi

atisnado:
Hello kolachi, thnaks for answering me. I got this doubt, if the trend on the daily and the 4 hour charts, lets say shows a trending up, and as I know if I trade on smaller timeframe, for instance on a 30 or 15 min TF, I should align myself with the main trend, so I would go lon. In your system, can you go against the main trend on samller TF? would that work for you, ins´t it too risky? Thanks again and keep your good work. Alejandro

Weekly Performance

Month:November/December, 2007

Week:28-05th day

Equity Change: +3.35%

Pips Pefromance: +720 pips

kolachi

Hello Kolachi,

It would be a great help in understanding your trades on the charts that you provide if you would include the 5wma and any of the other MA's. This would be a real help in analysing the arrows/entries and exits that are already on the chart. Please would you consider this.

All the best,

Dave

Dave,

Kolachi Methods are the only stuff I use in trading. The basic rules of KM are presented here in this thread and details are posted in KPF.

The purpose of posting charts is not to demonstrate the application of rules of KM but to show the performance of a week. If I wont post charts then many guys will balme me that I am faking all these numbers and pips.

I agree that it is difficult to comprehend all my trades from charts even if I do not erase kolachi emas. The reason behind it is that few trades are taken only to hedge trades gone astray, while other trades are taken on lower time frames like 5 or 15M. The posted charts are nothing but condensed picture of trades taken in the week.

Those guys who have access to Oanda charts either demo or real can compare my charts with theirs and can get whole picture because time and price stamp is there on charts. They only need to place kolachi emas on their charts.

Having said this, I will try to post few of my trades each week here so that you get a glimpse of kolachi trading.

kolachi

Dave2:
Hello Kolachi, It would be a great help in understanding your trades on the charts that you provide if you would include the 5wma and any of the other MA's. This would be a real help in analysing the arrows/entries and exits that are already on the chart. Please would you consider this. All the best,Dave

That would be very helpful Kolachi, thank you.

All the best,

Dave

Hello Kolachi,

Thanks for anwering so fast, so in your opinnion, trading against the main trend is suitable on 30 or 15 min charts? Whta would be the parameters or set up you would consider to open a trade against the main trend; the alingment of the 5 emas? Saludos,

Alejandro

Hi Kolachi,

I just thought that you should know and everyone else, that Kolachi Method has been a spendid experience for me. I have been trading with it for 4 weeks now, going into my 5 on monday. The first three weeks I was able to triple my account each week, I didn't expect to do this forever, so last week I doubted the Kolachi Method only to watch me make a poor decision. In Hindsight if I had followed the Method like I had been doing, My account would have more than tripled this week

I want all to know that I am not risking a lot when I am trading...I am on a mini account and I trade 1 mini lot for every $1000 in my account, and at no point will I have more than 5 trades open at once, rarely do I ever have more than 3 open.

Kolachi, you are pure genius, and I hope that more people can discover the power that this method has to offer as it applies to any pair and any timeframe.

Thank you so much, you have made my dream of trading fulltime a goal that is sure soon to come about.

Zack

Hi,

If wma5 is away from ema21 when it changes slope and offers us enough pip cushion for BE then we go for the trade.

kolachi

atisnado:
Hello Kolachi, Thanks for anwering so fast, so in your opinnion, trading against the main trend is suitable on 30 or 15 min charts? Whta would be the parameters or set up you would consider to open a trade against the main trend; the alingment of the 5 emas? Saludos, Alejandro

Zack,

I truly appreciate your feedback about Kolachi Method. thanks.

kolachi

god_synapse:
Hi Kolachi, I just thought that you should know and everyone else, that Kolachi Method has been a spendid experience for me. I have been trading with it for 4 weeks now, going into my 5 on monday. The first three weeks I was able to triple my account each week, I didn't expect to do this forever, so last week I doubted the Kolachi Method only to watch me make a poor decision. In Hindsight if I had followed the Method like I had been doing, My account would have more than tripled this week I want all to know that I am not risking a lot when I am trading...I am on a mini account and I trade 1 mini lot for every $1000 in my account, and at no point will I have more than 5 trades open at once, rarely do I ever have more than 3 open. Kolachi, you are pure genius, and I hope that more people can discover the power that this method has to offer as it applies to any pair and any timeframe. Thank you so much, you have made my dream of trading fulltime a goal that is sure soon to come about. Zack

Dave,

Here is the chart of my latest trades in euroyen. From left first trade is short and then second trade is long based on 1M chart.

1)Short trade which resulted in +8 pips.

2)Long trade which resulted in +6 pips.

kolachi

Dave2:
That would be very helpful Kolachi, thank you. All the best,Dave
Files: