Kolachi Method of Trading - page 26

Thanks kolachi. I take it all your methods are on private forum. I will visit.

Hi Kolachi,

New to the forum, thanks for all your graciousness. It's truly appreciated. My question is that on the Kolachi Method, how do you decide when and when not to enter on a slope change on the wma5? For example, if there is a period of zero slope and then a blue candle comes out and a slope change occurs, would you enter just based on that 1 candle change or would you wait? Thanks again for your help.

Neil

Hi Neil,

Slope change of wma5 is the entry in Kolachi Method.There are two types of slope changes:

1)Pullback entry

2)Repulsion entry

When all kolachi emas are following a proper order (protocols) and wma5 changes slope towards axis, we place entry. It is a reliable entry and in all cases you are able to break even in the least.

Other entry is when wma5 is repulsed away by higher kolachi emas.This entry is a little tricky so we enter only after confirmation of slope change of wma5 by the closed candle.

The situation you are talking about is when slope change is not confirmed by closed candle but rather we are trying to enter on anticipation of slope change. I always discourage new learners to enter without confirmation, however, these techniques are taught to Senior Kolachi traders.

kolachi

nloeth01:
Hi Kolachi, New to the forum, thanks for all your graciousness. It's truly appreciated. My question is that on the Kolachi Method, how do you decide when and when not to enter on a slope change on the wma5? For example, if there is a period of zero slope and then a blue candle comes out and a slope change occurs, would you enter just based on that 1 candle change or would you wait? Thanks again for your help. Neil

Thanks Kolochi for your quick reply. This helped clear it up for me. By proper order for the other emas, do you mean that they are channeling properly and not intertwined like in a period where the currency pair is dead and not trending?

Thanks again,

Neil

Neil,

The proper order of Kolachi emas is such that 5, 21, 55, 100 and 200 all are in this order and wma5 is the farthest from axis.

kolachi

nloeth01:
Thanks Kolachi for your quick reply. This helped clear it up for me. By proper order for the other emas, do you mean that they are channeling properly and not intertwined like in a period where the currency pair is dead and not trending? Thanks again,Neil

Weekly Performance

Month:October, 2007

Week:03-10th day

Equity Change: +2.74%

Pips Pefromance: +384 pips

kolachi

Kolachi!!

I've only been demoing and studying forex for about 3 months, and been trying to find THE system for me, which has been a rather mind numbing journey. I even bought a few before I discovered these great forums. Most MA systems seem to be based on crosses, but I'm not liking them... I was trying another EMA strategy last week and really noticed how the higher EMAs acted as support and resistance, but didn't exactly know what to do or look for. I stumbled onto your method and here's the answers!

So far, I've only been able to read the first 3-4 pages of this thread, visited your site and blog, but I can't wait to read the rest. I tried it this morning and road GBPJPY up for 40+ pips!! (had to go to work or would've been more..)

It's nice to see that more than a year later on this thread your still posting results and helping others. Thanks for sharing and giving hope to us NBs!!

Hi Kolachi,

I'm trading your 5wma 21ema system and enjoying it. Can you tell me what you do when the 5wma changes direction very slightly because sometimes it tends to do this when in a good trend and I have exited when I could have stayed in the trade.

To be clear we enter a trade when the following occurs: the 5wma is flat or changing direction, the candle close is greater than the previous candle and then the cross occurs of the 5wma and 21ema.

At the moment I enter the trade only based on the changing slope of the 5wma.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi opieness,

Thanks for appreciating my efforts.

kolachi

opieness:
Kolachi!! I've only been demoing and studying forex for about 3 months, and been trying to find THE system for me, which has been a rather mind numbing journey. I even bought a few before I discovered these great forums. Most MA systems seem to be based on crosses, but I'm not liking them... I was trying another EMA strategy last week and really noticed how the higher EMAs acted as support and resistance, but didn't exactly know what to do or look for. I stumbled onto your method and here's the answers! So far, I've only been able to read the first 3-4 pages of this thread, visited your site and blog, but I can't wait to read the rest. I tried it this morning and road GBPJPY up for 40+ pips!! (had to go to work or would've been more..) It's nice to see that more than a year later on this thread your still posting results and helping others. Thanks for sharing and giving hope to us NBs!!

Dave,

Kolachi Method is actually based on couple of wma5 and ema21 which oscillates around ema200 as axis. The other emas like ema55 and ema100 are to help us in managing the trades.

To avoid any fake slope change of wma5, we look at other emas which help us in analysis. No kolachi ema is useless in Kolachi Method. Each one has a very important role to play. If you only use wma5 and ema21, you minimize your chances of success, although still you will be profitbale.

kolachi

Dave2:
Hi Kolachi, I'm trading your 5wma 21ema system and enjoying it. Can you tell me what you do when the 5wma changes direction very slightly because sometimes it tends to do this when in a good trend and I have exited when I could have stayed in the trade. To be clear we enter a trade when the following occurs: the 5wma is flat or changing direction, the candle close is greater than the previous candle and then the cross occurs of the 5wma and 21ema. At the moment I enter the trade only based on the changing slope of the 5wma. Thanks,Dave