Current Status - page 13

Great news to see a rough timeline, scorpion.

Alchemi looks very very cool with good timing on a v1.0beta just being released - let us know if you need computing power assistance, of course.

Cheers

Martin

Sounds good Scorpion....

Olsen sounds like it might work... tho' maybe a bit pricey.. Maybe also Dukascopy or Oanda could be data sources? not sure...

Using a grid to crunch the numbers is an interesting idea.. could work in principle tho' it might prove a bit challenging to actually implement / run reliably.. but who knows

For just crunching backtested forex trades is that kinda power really needed? maybe so.. not sure exactly how many currency streams you were gonna test. If it was me I'd probably just do the 4 majors, but I guess the more you test the better . I suppose if you do alot of timeframes for each currency then it could add up when you do all the ticks for each.

Well I do have a 3.6 GHZ puppy sitting here (at home) which could do some serious crunching ... and perhaps a couple more machines that could be brought online as well.

Where I work at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center we have some *serious* computing power. I actually know a guy who engineered one of our Beowulf clusters... we had Cray's, MasPar's, massive SGIs, etc... however, those are reserved for NASA uses...

But who knows, maybe the grid (if really needed) would work.

Actually I'm interested to see what will be a good source of historical back-testing data (as are many who read here I bet) 'cause I'd also like to have a source of data figured out for my own testing of systems, etc...

scorpion:
Hey man, Simple english heh? Ok, to sum everything up: 1. Fxfisherman bot might be finished by October. 2. I have some problem with ticks data for backtesting. I need high quality ticks from well-known providers such as Olsen. 3. I also need much more computing power to find the correct parameters for each system, so I find Alchemi relevant to my demand. I really want to make use of this technology. Cheers!

hey scorpion,

just wanted to know if theres any updates and if help is needed etc.

Also I wanted to ask I just saw a big jump of 90+ pips this morning and was wondering if the fisherman caught on to the monster or not? Im scalping right now with the CCI in 5 minute chart. Turned on the expert this morning. half an hour later I see this huge jump. So let us know if it caught on or not if possible?

Thanks

Hey,

Yeah the server caught the BUY signal at 1.2200, but InterbankFX didn't fill the order as price was too fast. I'm still working on this issue.

Talking as a whole, I'm still fine-tuning core systems. It ain't easy, because in order to fine-tune I must upgrade Core Systems and Backtester to version 2.0 and implement more TA indicators. In addition, I need to create a more sophisticated system reporter tool that plot statistical data in 3D graph. This can save me tremendous time to find the best parameter of each system--and I'd be very eager to research the fact behind the best parameter.

Doing above things would end up modifying some other parts as well like Broker Interface and FxFisherman Server Central Processor. Damn! I feel like climbing mount everest and still far cry from the top. Anyway, my goal is to reach the top no matter how much effort or time this gonna take--you guys waiting?--I'd love helps from you but I can't think of anything--if only the you can type in vb.net, i would throw you a task.

Anyway tomorrow should be our official 1st anniversary at fxfisherman.com. Here's a brief history of this journey:

15-03-2004 I came up with some unique trading idea that can only be traded by computer, so FXFisherman Project (no name yet) was founded for the very first time, but no actual plan yet.

18-03-2004 Steven J. Retz provided dukascopy's data, and shortly after that I founded fxfisherman group at SmartGroups. I did a backtesting and the profit boom was shown all the time--I kept the result as top secret until now, coz there is no use to publicize this hot statement.

05-08-2004 Gazuz joined fxfishermen gang.

17-08-2004 FXFisherman.com is online for the first time marking the start date of planning. Two senior members Cartoon and Ravique joined the gang shortly after this.

01-09-2004 Actual development took place. Up until now, major parts have been completed.

A little comment on eurusd, I guess it ain't gonna go much higher than this for today, so a huge uptrend move like this would retract back down around 20 pips or so. It's my common sense anyway.

I've been in this for more than a year.. I didn't notice the time fly by, wow.

Well yeh we should have a cyber party I guess, also is the estimated finish date pushed further because of all the fine-tuning or not?

Thanks, oh and btw for the eurus im up 120 pips right now with the CCI in a 5 Minute chart

Happy Birthday FX Fisherman! Cant wait to see what you guys have been up to. Keep up the good work

I hate to ask, but, how are things going with the development?

Hello Frank! I'm currently doing a major upgrade of system interface to support MetaTrader 4 script, so that members here can develop their own system for fxfisherman using MQL4, test it in fxfisherman ticks backtester, and run it live in fxfisherman server as well. And of course, I can just plug any mql4 in and have it run all along in fxfisherman server. It seems unlimited advantages. However, this ain't easy. I might drop this thought if it happened to be buggy or too much time consuming.

Thanks for the update !