Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 49

can't they revert to built that used to work?...like long time ago?...what stops them?

mladen:
Build 550. Same errors (only now it is working like build 547 was doing - seems that they reverted the build this time )

Pava:
can't they revert to built that used to work?...like long time ago?...what stops them?

Greed. What would they sell to brokers as a new metatrader then?

cover it as a new build?..."and if you like you can keep your old Metatrader, period" something like that...

mladen:
Greed. What would they sell to brokers as a new metatrader then?

Pava:
cover it as a new build?..."and if you like you can keep your old Metatrader, period" something like that...

Pava

Don't understand me wrong. I do not think that moderate greed is a bad thing. After all, we all are trying to gain a bit more and earn a bit more for ourselves. But when it becomes the only reason (and right now I really can not find any other reason) then it leads to things like the ones that are happening right now with metatrader.

And I really think that they are not aware how dangerous game they are playing right now. They just might end with 3 version of metatarder that nobody is going to use because of the enormous number of bugs. And they are doing that all ignoring what actually made them successful : support from users spreading free code for all. I do not have to tell what will happen when they are left with only guys coding in their "jobs" section

That is a good idea. To keep more options opened and to have more choices

No news so far today regarding beta version of new metatrader 4. The only news is that the last build got more unstable - trying to use string parameters sometimes crashes the terminal. There is no rule when it happens and that makes it an extremely unpredictable trading platform right now

There is a news One more day (3rd day in a row) without a single post regarding beta version bugs at English speaking part of metaquotes site. Seems like by now users completely lost interest to even try to post something about beta there

Only now noticed one thing in the beta version that might cause a lot of coding problems in the future conversions.

New beta metatrader 4 has 2 functions that have same purpose, but are called differently : the classical start() and OnCalculate(). The problem is the following : using the start will work as before, but using the OnCalculate() is passing rates parameters in an array mode (not the series mode) If one forgets that we are going to have a bunch of future data using indicators again. When the new overloaded SetIndexBuffer() function starts to work in metatrader 4 too it will be one more point that can cause similar errors, and my prediction is that we are going to have wonder indicator all around simply because of this mixture of the directions how data should be retrieved

Solar wind indicators users should be happy : there will be a good number of solar wind twins as soon as this new metatrader 4 becomes operational (if ever)

The "if ever" is a crucial. The silence at metaquotes site continues for one more day

Now the Russian part of the forum is stooping to post about the beta too. Seems that the conclusion of the majority is becoming the same