_rdb_The Best Free EA - page 238

Impressive testing...

I can understand your point of view, however would you be so kind and let me know at which post the Thunder4WD_v2b can be downloaded? Went up and down this thread twice and couldn't find it. Much obliged, John

dagolard:
For those, who still believe, that optimizing of a EA won't bring very much, eat this (Pics).

All at 25% Risk at the same broker; timeframe January 6th until today. One witout and one with optimizing (3-5 months backward).

And before you ask -no, I will not post my settings, as long the EA is profitable in standard setting. Who want more profit, should use his BRAIN.

There is another problem too: if 30-40 EAs run with the same settings at the same broker and want to open/close a trade at the same time - what do you think will happen?

Slippages CANbe "handmade"

Greets Dago

P.S. The Pics are for Thunder, but the effect at YourLucky will be the same...

Nowhere Simply ask _rdb_, as long is his choice, who will get the Thunder. It is a kind of "developement version"...

The pics were simply a sample for the difference between a EA in "standard settings" and one optimized to the market situation.

I told in the previous post - the effect will be the same in yourlucky. No need for thunder, as long this one has some additional parametres you have to adjust too. Lucky is (im my opinion) a bit more agressive; but you can set the risk lower - and have nearly the same result as like I am with thunder.

Btw. The 2nd Graph is the result of a 172h optimize run (Athlon 4800/Dualcore/4GB).

Optimizing

I agree optimizing can be beneficial... some of us brain-dead or time constrained folks don't know where to start.

My problem is lack of time and lack of patience. And this is my problem, not yours.

I have Thunder and am trading live and yes it has been profitable for me

I may have to breakdown and learn how to backtest and optimize on my own... it is in my best interest.

Yup. I had to learn this too. I always want to initiate people to use their free time and some brain, not only to leech the results.

And another aspect: who knews, if my settings meet the requirements of other users? I had results much higher than the shown, but I used a excel calculation to filter the results for my needs.

I am not the ultra-agressive trader - but even not the careful one. So I had to find "my" strategy, settings, money management etc.

I share my knowledge, but not for free (and in this case I don't talk about money...)

Hello Everyone,

The last time I traded with this EA was about two months ago. It did make up trades but had a bit of a big drawdown too. I have read this thread to date, but have wondered if anyone is really using it to good effect. I understand that RDB has not been around for a while and I think I read he has gone commercial with a version of this EA or something, so hence my question, is this really worth progressing. I suppose from a developement point of view it would be?

Many thanks and happy trading.

Please visit:- Money Expert Reviews ~ Internet Success

No, _rdb_ was "underwater" a time. They had a flood, didn't you hear about this?

dagolard:
No, _rdb_ was "underwater" a time. They had a flood, didn't you hear about this?

No I did not to be very honest, or I missed it some place, but thanks for the heads-up.

Money Expert Reviews ~ Internet Success

John Edwards:
I can understand your point of view, however would you be so kind and let me know at which post the Thunder4WD_v2b can be downloaded? Went up and down this thread twice and couldn't find it. Much obliged, John

There's a Version 1 in the zip file in the first post.

Don't know if V2b is anywhere.

I'll try and get in touch with rdb....

ThX,

I did some testing on both yourlucky EA's and have obtained good results with that so far. Pipspread is the main issue in getting positive results, secondly tweaking is important and indeed does improve results. Thanks for posting these graphs. I'll check and see if I can get equal results.

BTW if you are interested in manual trading also have a look here:

FX-50 Great Scalping System - Page 100

Something I posted not so long ago and is different from anything you have seen.... about twenty pages now...

Best Regards, John

dagolard:
Nowhere

Simply ask _rdb_, as long is his choice, who will get the Thunder. It is a kind of "developement version"...

The pics were simply a sample for the difference between a EA in "standard settings" and one optimized to the market situation.

I told in the previous post - the effect will be the same in yourlucky. No need for thunder, as long this one has some additional parametres you have to adjust too. Lucky is (im my opinion) a bit more agressive; but you can set the risk lower - and have nearly the same result as like I am with thunder.

Btw. The 2nd Graph is the result of a 172h optimize run (Athlon 4800/Dualcore/4GB).

What do you think about this Peak around 19:15 today? Anyone will start stoploss hunting?