_rdb_The Best Free EA - page 291

is it possible to change the open and close hours to (hours, minutes)?

ie open 22.30 and close 4.30

yes

diddy:
is it possible to change the open and close hours to (hours, minutes)? ie open 22.30 and close 4.30

No, only hours ! But I think, this would not be important feature

Not can say that I don't warn

1926411:
I lost 20% in my live account last week. Thunder4wd and Your Lucky were not good in current market.

Not can say that I don't warn.

Say good bye at Thunder/YourLucky in NFA regulated Brokers.

After May 15, 2009, forex customers of FDMs will no longer be allowed to open "hedged" positions in their accounts.

Say good bye at Thunder/YourLucky in NFA regulated Brokers.

Quiksilverone:
After May 15, 2009, forex customers of FDMs will no longer be allowed to open "hedged" positions in their accounts. Say good bye at Thunder/YourLucky in NFA regulated Brokers.

Second post about this - OK, we know it now!!!

Quiksilverone:
After May 15, 2009, forex customers of FDMs will no longer be allowed to open "hedged" positions in their accounts. Say good bye at Thunder/YourLucky in NFA regulated Brokers.

Where is the edge option in Your Lucky????

Your Lucky and NN

jsidhu:
Hello,

I am planning on making a learning function to operate your_lucky so that we can maximize potential for this sideways trending scalper.

a) Will be able to maximize operating hours, trade through 24/7

b) Trade using other currencies, any currency that tends to do sideways trending

We all know that this EA works well on sideways, but spreads are killing us. If we can work around the time and turn on the EA when spreads are low but the trend is still sideways, we will have a real winner.

If you have the newest version of Thunder, or Your_lucky I would be happy to work with you, I will give you full sourcecode once I am finished if you provide me with the source.

It is still possible to use scripting to work with the EA's without sourcecode aswell. Lets work together people, we win as a team.

Jag

To show that we are willing to work as a team, I sent you source for a version of Thunder that works better than YourLucky v2b or the Thunder in post #1. You did not respond. If you have good ideas, describe them here and we will try to help. Or implement them with the source I sent, post the resulting source, and I'm sure that you will have many offers of 'better' Thunder or Lucky sources.

Alternatively, buy the source you want from rdb. The only members that seem to have advanced source code are those that have donated, and some of them have been stiffed. Those that do have source are not willing to donate it to you until you have shown that you truly are trying to work as a team.

BTW, both Thunder and Lucky suffer from the same problem. They do not stop out when the market changes to trending. This might be improved by using something like the Parabolic SAR to set a stoploss after a trade has been in place for a certain period, or one might use a smoothed Haiken_Ashi as a stop after some time. It could certainly be improved if one had a NN that could simply detect a trend.. no need to predict.

NFA again

PipGuard, I hope that you are right, but I think that this means that you will not be able to enter trades in opposite directions whether they are opened at the same time or at different times. I think that this would fall under NFA's definition of hedging (see their reference to FIFO offsets). YourLucky v2b (and a modified version of Thunder v1e) occasionally overlap trades. They do not do this often, but it seems that there is nothing in the code to prevent this overlap. I don't know what the response will be by an NFA broker. Probably, they will simply close the original trade, without opening the neww trade, and this may not be what we want. I hope that rdb provides the possibility to prevent overlapping trades... it makes sense that one should close one trade before entering in the opposite direction anyway.

This ruling by NFA does not kill either Lucky or Thunder, but it means that neither will operate as tested live in the past, in demos in the past, or in strategy testers. It would be nice to have the ability to control trades instead of having the dealer and NFA control them.

No !

diddy:
Title: yes? Body says no?

What’s with the exclamation point?

Why wouldn’t this be an important feature, as daylight savings changes throughout the year, trading times for different sessions around the world would change thus making the market more volatile, also I’ve noticed that the default is 5.00, between 4.30 and 5 the market has become more volatile in the last few month.

Making assumptions, but this could be as a result of traders are starting earlier in their trading sessions, might have something to do with changing time frames (daylight savings), employment situation or work time arrangements around the world as the world heads towards unchartered economic conditions

But if it’s unavailable it’s unavailable

Sorry, title was wrong. The exclamation point should say, you can set trading hours but not minutes. I think, minutes are not important, because i did backtestings with different settings (even with minutes) and found no significant differences, loss trades are distributed over the whole trading session.