_rdb_The Best Free EA - page 284

JStein:
I indeed improved rdb's EA in a similiar way: using two additional indicators for further filtering the trades, correcting two bugs in closing code (too high losses sometimes) which results in fewer trades, smaller drawdown in backtest and in 100% winning trades in the last four weeks on demo account. But I cannot publish it here because it was not my code and I am not willing to steal it.

If you are talking about modifying version 1 in the first post then you are able to post the code here as rbd said it is open source. It's not stealing someones elses code as you have permission to modify it. So its up to you if you share it or not.

In regards to me deciding whether I give the new version to people, rbd originally said that if people donated they would receive updates. If people do send him their money and he doesn't send them the EA as advised or not reply back to them then I will step in and assist. The new version has already been posted on public forums anyway so I'm not the one sending them the new version, I am simply pointing them in the right direction of where they can get a copy of it.

Control of tests

diddy:
cheers mate, ive resulted in now testing fixed spread brockers

but are still a few conflicting things like alpari and tadwul FX are at present "closed" and for the purposes of testing both currently sitting on 3 spread and 1:500 leverage, but the testing for the period 1/4 - 17/4 tadwul was $66 profit and alpari was $466, with a starting of $500 at 120 risk

do you know what they "start", "step" and "stop" input data is in the strategy tester is? its in the expert properties section under input

cause they are different for every brocker i play with, they majorly effect the results and i dont have the options of playing with them in my live feed tests

secondly does anyone know how to change the spread to a fixed spread in the testing, as all the brockers only supply the live feed for the mini platform accounts which have shit spreads and leverage, i wanted to see considering the testing is based on the live data spread for the historical data test, if i can fix it to a number for all the testing, that way i can control the quality alot more.

i wanted to see if i can fix it to a spread of 2 and a leverage of 200

Tadawul FX forex trading conditions and advantages

This is probably the wrong thread for such questions, but since you ask:

start step and stop refer to the input parameters you are trying to optimize. Tester will cycle thru all permutations defined by these trying to find the optimum values.

There are articles here MQL4 Articles: automated forex trading, strategy tester, expert advisors and custom indicators that will suggest ways to control the testing parameters, such as spread. They involve changing the fxt file header and shutting off your connection while you test.

You might consider testing with the lots fixed so that you can compare apples with apples. Using the MM can distort results more than the Strategy Tester itself.

toto177:
Mr. RDB thank you for share your job, sorry for my englis, Im from Colombia and I resently lost my job. The Forex market is new for me, and I am study by mi self, I hope no lost my savigs.

Toto, NEVERtrade with funds you fear to lose. Especially if you are a beginner. I made this 2 years ago and lost approx. $10.000. A hard way to learn the rules...

donation to rdb

ezy1:
kwkee - post your email address here and I will email you. If yon can send me a screenshot of paypal proving that you have made a donation to rbd then I will send you the new versions.

ezy1,

I made wire transfer to rdb's account in BCA (Bank Central Asia, a local bank in Indonesia). My email address is rudolf(dot)indraloka(add)yahoo(dot)com. Please let me know your email address, then I will send the TT receipt to your address.

Hi ezy1:

I have made a donation with paypal to rdb

My email is: blueray(dot)goldfinger(add)gmail.com.

Could you send me your email, then I will send you a screenshot of paypal with my information.

Thanks in advance.

How much have you donated?

what is appropriate?

Best Regards

NO Trade today???

Hello,

i use the ea with tadawulfx and it's strange because it's a very good session this night but no single trade....some one have the same problem ?is it possible that come from the broker ? because actually when i backtest today it make some trade...

thnaks

Chicken or Egg?

Anybody here ever heard of Neuros Nets (forexadvisor) ? You might look at indo_traders for some info. (rdb hangs out there).

They have an EA (Sharpshooter) that seems to be a lot like Lucky. (The inputs are almost identical, and it is an EG scalper). They update it periodically, and use a DLL to protect it.

From Neuros faq:

Q13: How long has Neuros been in business?

A13: We have been in business for about 5 years now since 2004.

They seem to be slightly crooked, or at least bent a little. They claim to factor in the news, and to use neural nets. I don't think so.

Chicken, or egg?

This is the most incestuous business that I have ever heard of!

cash4u2:
So, why did you mention it here, when you are not willing to share it? This forum is also to improve indicators, EA e.g.

I guess some would also like to test it on a real account - cause demo(ing) or backtesting means nothing.

regards

cash4u2

I have yourlucky v2d spread4 and it won't trade on a live account. He only wants us to demo it for now.

I've never had any problem with RDB, I donate and he sends me files. I donated again while he was away for a spell. When he returned, he eventually got back with me and sent me the updated thunder and yourlucky files.

I don't donate that much...roughly 6% of the profits that his EA's make me.

eurchf

Hi Guys,

Have anyone ever tried on eurchf using rdb thunder?

maybe you can share your experiences.

many thanks