School of Pimpology - page 63

Monkey Boy

Has that Monkey-Boy been up to his old tricks again ?

Looks like he's been going large buying Singapore Dollar.

Is he planning an Asian office maybe ?

Files:
cheeky_1.gif  17 kb

Raffles

FX Pimp:
Has that Monkey-Boy been up to his old tricks again ?

Looks like he's been going large buying Singapore Dollar.

Is he planning an Asian office maybe ?

I very much doubt Monkey Boy is going to open an Asian office. Raffles is no longer the club it once was, letting any old wretch through the doors. He is such an up market beast I would have thought an office in Serang would be more to his liking, plenty of tropical rain forest and lots of bigs trees to swing in!!

I do like his new image as seen on the BBC..............I wonder can I be Pigsy?

Got a bit of catching up to do and currently viewing all the tweaks to the charts. No trading for me just yet. Going to get my eye back in over the next couple of days, play some demo and make sure we have got all the rust out.

Hope to join you horrible lot in the boiler room later in the week.

Crude (or the sith lord) back to $150 anybody?

Have fun,

Prep Rockie

Peking Duck Anyone

Dear FX,

I have a lovely Plum wine straight out of a container from Tokyo which I am currently sipping. It would do very nicely to wash down your supper.

Catch you later Pimppiplash you cheeky thing!!

Hoisin Sauce Rockie

Ooooh hoi-sin sauce. Had to have a cheeky half a crispy duck. Loooooove hoisin sauce.

Funny Rockdrive I weas thinking about you yesterday and how we hadn't heard from you in a while.

Glad you are keeping the olympics going after Beijing. Well pub-olypics at least.

Will be good to get you back with us.

Anyway swiftly moving on.

Gold and Crude once again looking venerable.

The trouble is with Gold boxed in beyween the daily 20ema on the upside at $842 and the 4 hour 50sma on the downside at $825 one of these will need to give in the next couple of days before we are likely to see any heavy action.

Price is currently $830 so could go either way.

It's actually boxed between daily and weekly pivots too and with Crude playing hard to get this could ruin any potential plays on the FX.

Not even going to talk about the Chairman this morning. He's in a mess but lower highs, higher lows, something must give eventually.

Forex is not looking that great this morning either.

I would like to see a little retracement first on the USDJPY before a short.

We were saying last few weeks that the Yen was coming back into favour and that it was very strong against every currency other than the Dollar.

Seems to have finally conquered the Dollar too but that will be one after a 20-30 pip pullback if Gold holds steady.

Euro, Cable abd Swiss are are looking like they've had their fun already.

Euro needs to break 1.46 & cable 1.80 to continue down then swiss needs to punch a hole in 1.1050 to the upside.

Will have a corrfeee and re-asssess

JPY Trade

A lovely way to start the week with Little Miss Yen doing the business for us first thing.

A Nice little 50 pip trade before getting stuck in to the leftover chow mein !!

Files:
cheeky_2.gif  37 kb

1m Template

Hi, FX,

I have corrected the CCI's to 105, 315 and 21 on the 1 minute template? But, how might we go about using the 1m? Is it for scalping purposes?

Thanks,

Honest Bill.

Gold Triangle

FX,

Just a little observation. In the chart below there is an ascending triangle forming on Gold 1hr. Although, not shown, the trendlines go back to 14th August. Also, the 4hr20ma has provided major support.

I think it's going to blow soon. What are your thoughts on this?

I ask because I am trying to become more familiar with trendlines, etc.

Thanks in advance,

Honest Bill

Files:
chart.gif  20 kb

william1000:
FX,

Just a little observation. In the chart below there is an ascending triangle forming on Gold 1hr. Although, not shown, the trendlines go back to 14th August. Also, the 4hr20ma has provided major support.

I think it's going to blow soon. What are your thoughts on this?

I ask because I am trying to become more familiar with trendlines, etc.

Thanks in advance,

Honest Bill

Yes Bill you are spot on. The Gold has a bullish ascending triangle formation and the 4hr 20 has crossed up over the 50 indicating furthe gains.

However, with Crude struggling at the 60m 50sma this morning and since having dropped 2 bucks, are we going to see Gold break up?

Doubtful. It's more likely it will test the bottom of the formation pattern.

As for the 1m chart. I would - unless you are a scalper - stick with the 5m/15m or 5m/60m. You've started doing very well with that set-up.

Ifm you are inclined then you play the 1m chart as you would the 5m, ensuring averages are stackind in correct order 2 CCI's are in the right direction and the 21 as the trigger.

Thanks

Thanks again, FX, for the replies.

HB