School of Pimpology - page 81

CPU usage

FX Pimp:
Bill,

this template is actually only a matter of KB in size, not the old 5.5MB style.

I can only think that all those asian-babes vids you have on your hard-drive are causing the slow-down.

Maybe a 5m chart is actually easier to trade in slow-motion ????

Too many people to thank personnally for suggestions on the CPU usage. I'll give a few of them a try and report back.

(FX Pimp, I never saved all the asian-babes vids you sent me. So, that's not the problem)

FX Pimp:

All $ currencies look like they too are expecting a weaker Dollar to creep back in, apart from miss Yen that is.

GBPJPY traders could be in for a few more pips this morning if Cable and USDJPY carry on in their present direction.

I think there's at least 50 pips to come out of Cable to the north side. Upto 1.7640, then to the 4hr 50.

However, IF crude fails to hold you know what you must do.

One doesn't even need to look at the GBPJPY chart to know that if USDJPY and GBPUSD are travelling in the same direction it's going to fly.

150 pips to be had here playing blind !

Personally I don't trade it, so not going to take any credit for a great call but it might help some of you guys realise the potential of knowing about how pairs operate.

If you are unfamiliar with the whole correlation between pairs then study this post and especially the analogy about football teams.

Files:
cheeky_30.gif  40 kb

Analysis Paralysis

FX Pimp,

I know this is probably the most basic of questions, but I need to ask, as I feel maybe I'm getting analysis paralysis.

Within the last hour of this post, there have been some beautiful set ups on various pairs. eurusd +90, cable +80, usdchf +30, audusd +50, gold +30.

I watched all the setups, saw them, but didn't take any. Here's why:

Crude was creeping up to the 1hr20, then the daily pivot and I'm thinking, well if it bounces, gold will drop messing up all the other possibilities.

Other times I'm down to watching the last 5m candle direction on crude & gold. But, looking back over the crude and gold now, they have been creeping up all morning.

Is it analysis paralysis? Should I just get a general feel for the direction of crude and gold or get into the detail?

I know this is a bit vague, but any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Gold hit a low the other day it will likely not break for a long time. I wouldn't be concerned with gold at this point. It should be on the rise.

jturns23:
Gold hit a low the other day it will likely not break for a long time. I wouldn't be concerned with gold at this point. It should be on the rise.

Yeah, sorry I didn't respond before.

Been so manic dashing to and fro trying to get ready for my big departure I have been neglecting the nest.

Was looking for that support level you were referring to but couldn't see it on the daily chart. My gold weekly doesn't work too well. Would you mind positng a chart?

Many thanks

FX Pimp:
Yeah, sorry I didn't respond before.

Been so manic dashing to and fro trying to get ready for my big departure I have been neglecting the nest.

Was looking for that support level you were referring to but couldn't see it on the daily chart. My gold weekly doesn't work too well. Would you mind positng a chart?

Many thanks

No problem. I don't have any charts to show this right now, I'm not at my normal computer. But you can clearly see an any long term chart that gold has hit a bottom it hasn't seen in a long time. Years if I recall. I can't foresee gold going down much farther. We will see If I'm right. I did manage to find this article though:

Battered gold may have finally hit bottom - MarketWatch

Gold Daily

Thought I'd lend a hand.

lowry613:
Thought I'd lend a hand.

Thank you. Appreciate that. The article I posted provides some insight too.

CPU usage

Lopuch:
Set in graph properties max. columns 5000 (for both choice), delete all .hst files in MT history. Next step is searching for better CCI indicator (Frantacech has some). Happy pips.

Lopuch,

The first two steps seem to have made a big difference. I'll have a look at CCI's as suggested by you and others if it slows again.

I hadn't ran this either in a while which is very useful for removing spyware

The home of Spybot-S&D!

Honest Bill:
FX Pimp,

I know this is probably the most basic of questions, but I need to ask, as I feel maybe I'm getting analysis paralysis.

Within the last hour of this post, there have been some beautiful set ups on various pairs. eurusd +90, cable +80, usdchf +30, audusd +50, gold +30.

I watched all the setups, saw them, but didn't take any. Here's why:

Crude was creeping up to the 1hr20, then the daily pivot and I'm thinking, well if it bounces, gold will drop messing up all the other possibilities.

Other times I'm down to watching the last 5m candle direction on crude & gold. But, looking back over the crude and gold now, they have been creeping up all morning.

Is it analysis paralysis? Should I just get a general feel for the direction of crude and gold or get into the detail?

I know this is a bit vague, but any thoughts would be most appreciated.

I know a lot of guys took the cable trade this morning, and I should have but I am trying to justify to myself why these trades are winning ones without just jumping in. With the cable there were no clear signal in terms of CCI's so stayed out. I then waited for crude to get going but was too late.

Pimp how did you know cable was going to rise? Was it the 'force' that told you? My only method of thinking for entering the trade was that when crude dropped slightly it did not affect cable.