Artificial Intelligence - page 3

ec,

Do not leave this thread...leave the crowd control to me, ok?

Walk softly and go slow, I will carry the big stick. I think I can learn something from you and I may just hang around...

May I ask if you were involved in the development of this EA..or are you just an AI groupie?

You see the way I trade this and present it appeals to traders...I know...I am one...I know what they need. All the necessary money mangement and other ingredients such as stop losses and such are here with this AIMM™...I am not promising a holy grail..that is up to them...most newbies need high win rates...well with every trade there is a loser...but a profit ...:)

We do not need no guru's...we traders need consistent profits that we make our own...

ES

elitecamper:
oh no bashing yet. just that i have recieved alot of bashing in the past.

when i have tried to share ideas that involve non-linear systems.

they tell me that im a noob that they already been there and done that, that they want to save me the time, that there is no holy grail.

im not even looking for holy grail! im looking for a system and the smarter the better.

hehe guess i vented a little there. good i feel better.

I had no hand in the making of this EA.

this was one of the first EA's i downloaded from here, because it had a cool name. hehe.

i had just gotten into forex, trading and automated trading, and studying on those topics. But, this ea took me in a new direction wihch was inteligent systems and how there is a whole area of study on control, and automation.

and how its all around us in the cars, electronics, software. everywhere really. and i think that area of study would just is perfect for me. so i have been really busy learning as much as i can. this ea here is really the tip of the iceberg. the ideas in it are very basic and elementry they just sound very fancy to us.

I know Andre' over at Mataf...

Hint: One can go use the exposure tab over at Oanda in their free demo to get balanced exposure in dollars

ok...trade 1/2 lot there in the yen...this is just the feedback needed...(let me go over to Oanda and check first...this will take some time...meanwhile lets see what leppy comes up with)

can you give ATR based lot sizes lepiricus for each of the three combo's?

The AI logic adjusts for volatility in its Sl's and TP's...so the work is done there I believe...now a subset can be used FROM THAT EA for weightings in the combo also...waddathink EC?

ummm...we might be careful now...we are borderline "ElectricBecomesAVendorSavant...go slowly people....let it simmer. or I find completion and this thread goes away...

Find the value in teaching slowly...there are too many golddiggers here not interested in the "essence of trading" (I am one of them lol:))

ES

CURRENT FLOAT = +1.6%..WE ARE NEAR A LEPIRICUS EXIT..LETS SEE IF HIS EA WORKS! FUNNY THIS IS THE SECOND VISIT UP THIS HIGH..IT DOES NOT QUITE REACH 2%...BUT THIS IS SLOW NOW IN THIS TIME OF THE SESSION, SO WE DO NOT WANT TO MAKE ANY DECISIONS BASED ON THIS ZONE..

lepiricus:
you can go toCurrency correlation | Mataf.net

and learn alot about pair correlations.

I have looked at 4 pairs representing 8 different currencies before but its hard to match pairs that have both low correlation and similar daily ranges.

For example a set like:

AUD/CAD

GBP/JPY

NZD/USD

EUR/CHF

represents 8 different currencies and have low correlation but the gbp/yen pair is "weighted" more heavily because of its insane volatility. If the yen crosses decide to run away like they often do, then its going to skew your trading basket because the other pairs dont have the movement to offset it.

I guess what I am saying is that ES's approach to this is smart and can be very powerful once you get the right pairs picked out.

thx ES. What time frames are u using on your trades?

wow..you got off to a good start...some of us have not been so lucky and have stumbled around in the dark for years...but again there are several avenues to go down and ones Holy Grail is to learn which road to take. I always pick the hard way...maybe I can learn and change...no? I am 48 years old..I got a few decades left.

We are getting some strength in the USD today...(but every month at this time this happens...ohhh I get off topic..scuse' mwah)

ES

elitecamper:
hehe guess i vented a little there. good i feel better.

I had no hand in the making of this EA.

this was one of the first EA's i downloaded from here, because it had a cool name. hehe.

i had just gotten into forex, trading and automated trading, and studying on those topics. But, this ea took me in a new direction wihch was inteligent systems and how there is a whole area of study on control, and automation.

and how its all around us in the cars, electronics, software. everywhere really. and i think that area of study would just is perfect for me. so i have been really busy learning as much as i can. this ea here is really the tip of the iceberg. the ideas in it are very basic and elementry they just sound very fancy to us.

Hi guys so if this system is non-linear what is the best way of using / optimizing it ? Thanks

one hour (default EA with fib tweak and no changes) loaded on the 1 hour...viewing one hour...

Please reread my posts I constantly edit them...late at times..

elitecamper:
thx ES. What time frames are u using on your trades?

ES what do you mean by:

...now a subset can be used FROM THAT EA for weightings in the combo also...waddathink EC?

I think 1hr Timeframe would be very optimization friendly.

im going to work on adding the MM with percentage. ill try might be hard for me. but i think i can get the EA to automaticly self-optimize at a set time.

Hi guys so if this system is non-linear what is the best way of using / optimizing it ? Thanks

the best thing to do. is to optimize and backtest and see for yourself and tweak the settings to your liking. u can opimize once a day, every 3 days or once a week. or whatever time interval u wish.

on my last tests i was optimizing everyday on data from the last 15 days of trading. good for higher time frames. on lower time frames you dont want to optimize to farback.

also in the optimization input window give the start and stop variables more range for example 1 for start and 100 for stop for all 4 accelerators

ohhh wait...

ec..ohh...you said self optimization...wow...I guess you can't upgrade the most excellent lepricus EA..or maybe lepiricus might try?..or...the global audience here?

self optimization is light years ahead of me...(and I am a slow learner)

ES