The Only Pivot - page 163

TimeFreedom:
You should use a 2 period smoothed, weighted close (HLCC/4) moving average based on TheOnlyPivot strategy. I also played around with the MM and it looks like TP: 50 100 150 SL: -1 -50 -100 SLA: 50 100 150 gives us a better Profit Factor of 1.99 vs. 1.76 (Original MM). The DD is higher 8.48% vs. 5.6%. This is based on the month of January backtesting. Again I will play the MM and try and optimize for best TP and SL. TimeFreedom

Thanks. I will update that as soon as I get back from work.

Another Trade

I just started using this system, and thus far it's been profitable and enjoyable.

Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't this another trade for GY today?

I didn't get an arrow though.. Maybe I'm just confused.

Thanks

TheOnlypivot_Level_Sun

TimeFreedom,

What's your The Only Pivot level for today? My level is 212.05, and I check with other broker using their chart and it's 212.07. But it's seem not all of us have the same pivot level today.

Regards,

Arman07

arman07:
TimeFreedom,

What's your The Only Pivot level for today? My level is 212.05, and I check with other broker using their chart and it's 212.07. But it's seem not all of us have the same pivot level today.

Regards,

Arman07

My Only Pivot Level is 211.80 for today.

Your not using the most recent indicators. Please find the latest indicators here. The indicators your using were coded not to use weekend data and thats why the open price is set on the previous bar 23:00 instead of 00:00.

TimeFreedom

Switchjohnny:
I just started using this system, and thus far it's been profitable and enjoyable.

Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't this another trade for GY today?

I didn't get an arrow though.. Maybe I'm just confused.

Thanks

Your Open Pivot price is the same as mine @ 212.05. You may see small price discrepancies, +/- 2 pips, with different brokers.

TimeFreedom

arman07:
TimeFreedom,

Regards,

Arman07

today is biased towards buy,

we 'll see

Hello All, I am fairly new and tried to read back and find the information that I am requestiong but can't.

Anyways, what is the calculation to determine the floating pivot point that this system uses?

as promised. here is the new EA that uses the right moving average.

Files:
pivot_v_1_1.mq4  11 kb

I think that updated OnlyPivot indicator is messed up. Now I don't see any up or down arrows, and under insert/indicators/custom, "TheOnlyPivot_Signal_Sun.mq4" does not show up.

And yes it is copied correctly into expert/indicators directory.