The Only Pivot - page 78

TimeFreedom,

stupid Question:

Is your EA using the Momentum to filter the entries?

My manual trading is extraordinary with the original setup, cross, Momentum on the right side = GO

But I live in the wrong time zone (sleeping at the change of the day) and as most signals come around this time I would like to use the EA at least to open the trade. The rest I will do manually.

Just make sure it uses the Mom as filter!

Thanks...

AstroGlide:
I quit using the moving average as a signal

I am using only price

My results are getting better

Just my 2 cents

can you share with us the rule..

if it is better... why not.... PIPS is our GOAL

stevenali:
can you share with us the rule.. if it is better... why not.... PIPS is our GOAL

sure

very simple

I watch how the 00:00 bar ends.

Once the next bar breaks the higher/high or lower low of the bar before, I jump in.

If the bar(00:00) closes above/below the pivot, the trade is even more powerful.

If the price keeps hanging around the pivot, I don't take the trade.

I mean, I know this is not the holy grail as I lost yesterday (10-09-2007)

But as I did a manual backtest I think it works, statistically speaking.

I am trading USD/JPY and GPB/JPY mostly

Haven't try it in other pairs.

Steve, with all respect I think the moving average gives plenty of false signals and not necesarily reflects price action.

Just do a manual backtest as I did with thses rules and see it for yourself. Price speaks louder and it's combination with the pivot is super!!!

I am using 1 hour bars

AstroGlide:
sure

very simple

I watch how the 00:00 bar ends.

Once the next bar breaks the higher/high or lower low of the bar before, I jump in.

If the bar(00:00) closes above/below the pivot, the trade is even more powerful.

If the price keeps hanging around the pivot, I don't take the trade.

I mean, I know this is not the holy grail as I lost yesterday (10-09-2007)

But as I did a manual backtest I think it works, statistically speaking.

I am trading USD/JPY and GPB/JPY mostly

Haven't try it in other pairs.

Steve, with all respect I think the moving average gives plenty of false signals and not necesarily reflects price action.

Just do a manual backtest as I did with thses rules and see it for yourself. Price speaks louder and it's combination with the pivot is super!!!

I am using 1 hour bars

Thank you for your imput. It appears that your suggestions above will give more unidirectional trades but at the cost of entry at times much later. Using the original rules with the hedging component, one gets to enter fairly early with having to use more lots in both directions to achieve probably the same goal.

aelimian:
Thank you for your imput. It appears that your suggestions above will give more unidirectional trades but at the cost of entry at times much later. Using the original rules with the hedging component, one gets to enter fairly early with having to use more lots in both directions to achieve probably the same goal.

I have to disagree on that

I you just look at 1 hour charts and see how the price moves away from the pivot, you'll see more often than not that the market gets directional.

I mean, trading is a game of probabilities. You have no clue on what the market will do next. You need to stick to what works most of the time.

Trading price works. I have no doubt as I trade using it in other markets.

You're rigth about an early entry, not all the time but yes the moving average could give you a head start sometimes. But it's prone to many false signals. I prefer to be patience and wait.

Another thing I notice is that this particular moving average not necesarily represent what prices is doing.

Pairs like GPB/JPY are very directional.

I also think that trading in both direcions is a personal choice. You must agree that increase risk as well. Just something to consider.

As for me I like to take my profit/loss and call it quits for the day. That reduces my exposure on the market and creates a positive outcome on my equity curve. But everyone is different.

Listen , indicators are just what the word implies. You still need to pull the trigger. The only pivot is and awesome indicator as it really lies a line in the sand. But that's it. Nothing more.

Vishy

try filtering using 13 EMA apply to Weighted CLose.

When the 2SMMA (Weighted CLOSE) crossed 13 EMA down and pivot signal arrow is down - Short

Files:
myguess.jpg  133 kb

One more example

What is ur thoughts on this filter?

Files:
myguess1.jpg  142 kb

can someone please post the Bollinger Bands with MACD indicator?

Here u go . Bollinger band with macd

Files:

Use graph type = 5 for MACD settings