V1andV2 Hedged EA: Beautiful Equity Curve - page 9

Thanks!

ryanklefas:
Voila! Settings for V1 and V2. These setting files are used by "V1 Clean" which is to be found a few posts up.

I will be forward testing the new clean version this coming week.

Thanks ryanklefas

Dr. Lemmy Kilmeister:
The code for V1 and V2 positively stinks. It appears to have been written by a 6 yr. old kid. Probably was.

Thank you doc. You are so kind.

That's yesterday's news. Search the post where I first posted the EAs and read "the code is messy ...". However, MT4 uses the ex4 file.

ryanklefas:
For simplicity, put the settings files with the EA. (Actually they can be loaded from anywhere). To get the hedge that you have been using with V1 and V2

ryanklefas;

I have used other hedging EA's for trading the same pair, shouldn't there be a ReverseTrend or ReverseCondition on one of the EA's settings to get it to trade contrary to the other EA? Maybe it is in the code and not user selectable? The only difference I readily see in the 2 settings is the TakeProfit of 26 instead of 27.

Some features I would like to see is an input for changing the lot size for the first initial trade, and also an input to remove the stop loss. This way when your MaxTrades have been hit it stops buying more lots and you can then turn off the EA and manually close out trades when they hopefully come back your way.

Just some thoughts.

Thanks

ryanklefas:
As I said earlier, V1 and V2 are actually the same EA with different settings. This setup just makes it more obvious. Also, I won't have to modify 2 or more EAs every time a new feature is needed. I'll just be modifying one EA.

They are not exactly the same EA. V1 is only opening long trades while V2 is only opening short trades.

cucurucu:
Thank you doc. You are so kind. That's yesterday's news. Search the post where I first posted the EAs and read "the code is messy ...". However, MT4 uses the ex4 file.

cucurucu, it is so nice to have you here. As one who has benefitted from your V1andV2 EA I want to say thank you. Whether the code is good, bad or ugly, the profits have all been good.

Looking forward to your contribution. And once again, thank you!

Mike

mikejody:
cucurucu, it is so nice to have you here. As one who has benefitted from your V1andV2 EA I want to say thank you. Whether the code is good, bad or ugly, the profits have all been good.

Looking forward to your contribution. And once again, thank you!

Mike

Thank you Mike. I'm so busy now, but as I promised I'll bring my (additional) contribution next week. You just have to tell me what modifications you want on which EA.

cucurucu:
Thank you Mike. I'm so busy now, but as I promised I'll bring my (additional) contribution next week. You just have to tell me what modifications you want on which EA.

No problem at all.

These are the modifications needed, and just for the V1andV2 and the

V1andV2Mini:

Just to be able to change the initial lot size.

Thank you again. Take your time.

stupid "Doctor Kilmeister"

I agree with Mike THIS "Doctor Kilmeister" , would better make go "to play"

somewhere else.

It is stupid and it is better to ignore it.

Dr. Lemmy Kilmeister:
50% modeling quality on control points is pure junk.

What about 90% modeling quality?

What about live testing?

Name : 3k

Login : 1375134

Investor : ct7gxot (read only password)

Interbank FX, LLC

I'm not saying that V1 and V2 will not lose eventually. Backtests from 2005 don't look so good. Anyway, I'm repeating myself ... if you are so interested you can read my post from the intial thread "Big profits without using indicators" (post #270-300).

Files:

A new member with a extremely negative attitude!!! God I hope you are really not a doctor.