MiniMe // Blazer - page 10

God Bless you

Hi MiniMe,

I heartily express my gratitude to you for sharing your strategies and sending the templates to me.

I'll open my real account soon and start testing using this system.

Can you advise me with which broker can I open my real account?

Lastly, you advise not to set the EA for both long and short due to floating orders remaining for too long.

You want to say that we set the EA in such a way that we go long at the lower band and go short at the upper band of the channel.

But the templates are separate, one for long and one for short.

That is if the market is going up to upper band, then add the short template and vice versa for the long template.

So we must constantly interchange the templates?

How to do that?

And also in case the trend breaks the channel and goes out for a certain pips, what should we do?

Sorry to bother you with all these questions.

That will help us all to better manage our trades.

Until then,

Take care and Happy trading trading to all.

Devan

Lemme try my view on this if i get the system correctly:

U have two charts for each pair, first chart has ang_autoch_hl indicator on and tells u trend plus Mauro trailing runs on it - u dont touch this chart, once set up and its finished.

On the other chart u have SHI_channel and TrendMeLeaveMe EA - the only thing u need is to program in EA is whether to go long or short, no template messing needed.

MiniMe,

I really appreciate you sharing your method with me (us). Thank you and God Bless you!!

My Questions:

A.) I understand that you manually trade this and have these EA's as tools which I really like, but from your perspective and experience with this method, is it better to "only long" all the way from support until 50 pips from resistance then switch to "only short" and ride it all the way back until 50 pips from support? Like riding a wave back and forth from weekly support and resistance?

-Or-

B.) In between the 50 pip barrier between support and resistance is it better to set the EA to "both long and short" and then close out the position manually so we do not get the long floats.

I have set this up on my demo to watch over the next few weeks and just wanted to get a feel for what would be a better approach based on your experience.

Thanks so much for your time.

Proverbs (James)

MiniMe

If a position goes against you, when do you decide its time to get out? I also trade without a S/L at times, but then if it goes against me, I will get killed since the loss is just too great. Do you hold your trades overnight with your method?

ET

thats how I said those pairs will retrace

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

Question...

MiniMe,

Do we need to change the Magic numbers in the TMLM EA for each pair we trade or does it manage it internally if I am trading several pairs on the same account?

Example:

USDCHF

int MagicBuyStop = 3101;

int MagicSellStop = 3102;

int MagicBuyLimit = 3103;

int MagicSellLimit = 3104;

AUDUSD

int MagicBuyStop = 4101;

int MagicSellStop = 4102;

int MagicBuyLimit = 4103;

int MagicSellLimit = 4104;

Thanks!

proverbs:
MiniMe,

Do we need to change the Magic numbers in the TMLM EA for each pair we trade or does it manage it internally if I am trading several pairs on the same account?

Example:

USDCHF

int MagicBuyStop = 3101;

int MagicSellStop = 3102;

int MagicBuyLimit = 3103;

int MagicSellLimit = 3104;

AUDUSD

int MagicBuyStop = 4101;

int MagicSellStop = 4102;

int MagicBuyLimit = 4103;

int MagicSellLimit = 4104;

Thanks!

I am not quite sure, but when I did the setup I was running Mauro for each currency pair, I think it didn't work running one Mauro trailing with TMLM, on the other hand I have tested the e-trail and that one can handle all the currency pairs

et_phonehome_2:
MiniMe

If a position goes against you, when do you decide its time to get out? I also trade without a S/L at times, but then if it goes against me, I will get killed since the loss is just too great. Do you hold your trades overnight with your method?

ET

Some trades were held for 4 days, thats why the buy is double the sell, to cover the swap, and yes you have a point the price might break the channel but its not easy and you will have a chance to close the trade when the price retrace

I was trying to automate this way of trading but it did not work, the concept is to find the best entry point in a 30 days channel, normaly at the channel break I get the best entry points. where the trading volume is large., and I go against the break.

It's not easy to say I will hedge or I will enter with another lot, there are lots of factors to decide, for example on AUD/US when the price went to 8200 I entered with another trade and made more pips.

I will try to come up with more live examples.

this week results was, 7999 pips on a live mini account some trades were manual some were with the blessing EA and others were from TMLM ( I was in full control of the EAs )

In a longer time frame the price moves in a channel, use this info to control your EA or to place a trade in the channel.

I like this Mauro Trailing. I use it with 4 pairs with TMLM (4 pairs/4 trailings).

I could LOVE it if it were integrated to the TMLM EA because we cannot running this trailing with 2 different EAs on the same platform. It trails all the orders (same symbol) but not regarding which EA they come from. If your trailing strategy is different between your 2 EAs, it's a real problem.

FerruFx