MiniMe // Blazer - page 4

I would buy now on AUD/US, it just has a good break on the 15 min channel, and it right on the edge of the last 30 days , although the daily trend is down but the weekly trend is up ... lets see what will happen

Hi David, since I use the TMLM which will place a trade on the break of 15 min chart, the most profitable pair was AUD/US had the best trades so far, then USCHF then USJAP then finaly EUCHF.

Best time from the tests was 15 min... I ran all the tests on live accounts so I did not have the chance give each pair enough time, but each pair was tested for more than 10 days. I did the test on demo but when I apply the demo setup on a live account it does not work. to get the same results on live and demo you need to lower your entry points by one or two pips on the live account

So I would say AUD/US is the most aggressive pair for this setup, it has good breaks from time to time

mystified:
MiniMe

You saıd in some topic that your favorite indicator is Bollinger band and you use it as contrarian approach (I am correct?) and I understand why .Now,I am trying to fit Bollinger band and FRACTALS into your approach.I have no problem with first but with Fractals they are lagging or according to some they are repainting.Please find some differents wievs on this indicator I am sure there is a room for this great indicator but I cant work out so far how? :

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/trading/06/Fractals.asp

http://www.fxfisherman.com/forums/forex-metatrader/indicators/1514-fractals-paint.html

https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/debates-discussions/116-something-interesting-please-post-here

Dear mystified:

Still my fav indicator is the Bollinger bands and by the way this was the start of how I discover this method of trading, I have developed a method of trading using Bollinger bands, and I have modified the bands and made a nice setup, it’s a very profitable system but I got stuck with some floating orders for more than a week, which stopped me from trading to avoid margin calls.

The whole concept of my trades started when once I read an article someone in forex-tsd.com posted the link and I cannot remember where it is now, it was an interview with the most successful trader is US, they ask him how he call his trades, he said he sell when everyone buy and he buy when everyone sell.

It’s kind of long term scalping, finding the right entry to go with the trend, and I kept trying started with the Bollinger Bands and I end up with the channel break, using different time frames and different pairs, I have tried all the pairs offered by IBFX, and all the time frames.

I am going with the mainly trend but I seek the best entry points to go with the main trend, i think the best point will be be near the edge of the channel but how to enter near the edge of the channel is another setup which I use the break of 15 min and I go with the main trend but against the 15 min break.

I guess this will give the best entry point to go with the trend, and so far sooooo good

I hope now you know the idea behind this system

BTW the Fractals I use them only to see the candle patterns and its easier for me to draw the trend lines when the Fractals are on the chart, I never use the Fractals to decide a trade, its just help me see things better

I was planning to keep the system for myself and not share it, but i could not help it, its in my nature to share with others.

When i found the bolinger band setup I asked the question in this thread

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176572

but here we go I gave the system and still I did not made the first Million , but thats the next step

the bolinger method was good but needs a big account, and good mm, so I did not post it.

I just came back from work , but I will look through the links and thank a lot

Alan

if I am not wrong the next move for AUD/US should be up, and target about a 100 pip but that may take a couple of days .. I might be wrong but this is what i just did

matrixebiz:
BTW, what brokers do you use where you deposit only $30 for live trading? Min I found was $250 or $500 Thanks

Once you have an account ( mini or standard) you can open other accounts and transfer funds between accounts, IBFX does not charge to tranfer fund between the accounts.

I think i have fixed the ang_autoch to show the weekly trend on a 15 min chart. I had the numbers wrong.

Once I test it and I know it works I will post it again

-----------------------

I know what is the problem I used it on a monthly channel so when I post it i changed the hours and insted of putting 720 i made it 7200, so just change the number to 720 insted of 7200, and use it on the 15 min chart to show the lower and upper side of last 30 days which is better than the last 7 days

Minime

MiniMe:
if I am not wrong the next move for AUD/US should be up, and target about a 100 pip but that may take a couple of days .. I might be wrong but this is what i just did

Hi Minime,

Thanks for sharing this simple and effective method,it works,and you can use it (as you know better than me )on any combination of weekly plus whatever other tf you want...you have been able to implement the "trade retracements in a trend" strategy,in a very useful manner

In my trade,I use a combination of digital filters that give me an "almost sure signal"for 10 pips scalping with few lots that I use sparingly just to cover the fixed expenses of my trading business...I executed one a few minutes ago netted 272.29 Euros,then used your "template" (on 1H) to check what it would have signalled,and had,very clearly a very similar signal in the same area...times are in GMT..

May 2, 2007 10:56:50 AM DDL S -500,000 May 4, 2007 7:00:00 PM USD/CHF 609,300 1.2186 16609XXXX

May 2, 2007 11:33:47 AM DDL B 500,000 May 4, 2007 7:00:00 PM USD/CHF -608,850 1.2177 16610XXXX272.29 CR

Now see pic..practically the same entry

I will become a fan of you for simplifying my job

Simba

Files:
minime.gif  34 kb

SIMBA:
Hi Minime,

Thanks for sharing this simple and effective method,it works,and you can use it (as you know better than me )on any combination of weekly plus whatever other tf you want...you have been able to implement the "trade retracements in a trend" strategy,in a very useful manner

In my trade,I use a combination of digital filters that give me an "almost sure signal"for 10 pips scalping with few lots that I use sparingly just to cover the fixed expenses of my trading business...I executed one a few minutes ago netted 272.29 Euros,then used your "template" (on 1H) to check what it would have signalled,and had,very clearly a very similar signal in the same area...times are in GMT..

May 2, 2007 10:56:50 AM DDL S -500,000 May 4, 2007 7:00:00 PM USD/CHF 609,300 1.2186 16609XXXX

May 2, 2007 11:33:47 AM DDL B 500,000 May 4, 2007 7:00:00 PM USD/CHF -608,850 1.2177 16610XXXX272.29 CR

Now see pic..practically the same entry

I will become a fan of you for simplifying my job

Simba

Simba,

I am honered when a pro trader like you, add his comments on this method.

You have set EURCHF only SHORT?

mine is on 50 pips from the upper line

Files:
eurchf.gif  13 kb

Minime

MiniMe:
Simba, I am honered when a pro trader like you, add his comments on this method.

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your kind comments,it is me that is honored to learn such an unbelievably simple and efficient setup for trend retracement trading.

If you don`t mind I would like to ask you several questions..Sorry in advance if they are too pushy..no need to answer them..And I am talking about real life trading,if you want to comment..;)

1-How do you decide about exits..in the case of the USDCHF setup,it is obvious now that there were 40 /50 pips at least to be made..do you have a preplanned exit area,like midchannel or other side of channel?

2-What is your hit rate ?%w,from your comments it looks like 90+%,your average profit in pips? and the deviation in profits?

3-Have you analized the 10-% trades(or whatever the %) that didn`t go well,and,if so,do you have in mind any filter that has potential in this area ?

4-Do you use correlation setups?..ie if you have a sell setup in USDCHF and a buy setup in one or both of EURUSD,GBPUSD..does it imply an even higher probability of success,or haven`t you checked this issue ..yet ?

Thanks and Regards

Simba

New trade?

Alan,

Interesting new setup in cable(1H),entry at 1.9876,let`s see how does it continue

Regards

Simba

Files:
minime_1.gif  18 kb

Sp500

Interesting setup(4h),in the SP500,looks like we can square price at time without resorting to arcane formulas..;)

Simba

Files:
minime_2.gif  17 kb