**Steinitz** Method Revealed Here - page 90

Arnold:
I have tried what Igor suggested about putting lines on the graph when a buy or sell signal happens, I am getting no changes, the lines still mark my entries 2 days later, therefore no repainting.

one of the entries was false but still shows as an entry.

sometimes when I first start Metatrader I have to change timeframes to reset it, but that is all.

sorry igor but the facts are against you.

Arnold,

Nice try..but...

Look to the images posted here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176695/page59

and read the first alinea of this posting by the author of this very same topic...it was confirmed by himself...

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

I agree that you try to deffend someone but as I said do it with facts and not with some claims against what other people already agreed on...

igor

let's have some respect here....to those who think this is thrash, then treat it as such, leave it alone and walk away....there are countless things you can do with your life, and if someday you can make a real contribution, please do so. if you are that brilliant of a trader, then start your own thread and gather your own followers and detractors....what goes around comes around...

so far steinitz has done nothing but share what he believes is a good methodology, and has been transparent about what works and what does not....he has freely admitted getting the best exits are a bother and makes no bones about it...and he is at least working on it....

to those who mope around and throw stones at him, ask yourself what meaningful things have you done of late....

i'm not steinitz's advocate in any way but reading through this and many other threads and forums have given me good insights into my personal trading journey and i truly appreciate folks like steinitz who have chosen to share their ideas.....rgds

MTF indicator is simple indicator that shows higher time frame indicator value to lower time frame. There are no magic around here.

Before blindly follow MTF indicator just move your chart time frame to original time frame and watch the price action. No need mathematics and coding skill.

I am home

Thanks for the support of my members that truly feel I am just providing a method I believe in and tested with great results. I am here to get the TWO EA's finished. I am home checking my emails and I am back logged. Please be patient with me as I need to straighten the home out and get back in the groove.

I never rested 100% on my vacation where the population was 1000 people. I am driven to get an EA and find all the answers we are looking for. In fact as I write this I am talking to another gentleman from China who has 2 years experience with mql to co-work the EA's. Lee has been busy for a week at his job and nothing has been accomplished.

By the way. Lee fixed the MTF indicators and they DO NOT REPAINT. The video was rather cool. I also have a screen shot program that loads 1000's of images for each TF to analyze. I love that tool. Make sure you have N4 TF HAS BAR & 2 as your MTF indicator's. If not they will need to refresh manually. If you need help email me.

To all me members sorry about all the riff raff. I will defend myself if I see something that needs defending. Otherwise I put it on ignore. The only issue that needs to be addressed is MT4's back data. Does tick data give you accurate information like looking at a video where the longer TF's have not completed? If so, then a back test is accurate. If not, then it must be tested forwards. But in my defense the "Scalping" program works on the close of the current bar and doesn't look at future TF's. Let me repeat that again.

The "Scalping" program looks at the current closed bar and not the higher closed TF's therefore a back test will work for that method. For the "Original" method I will need to see how MT4's historical data is compiled. If somebody knows the answer to that question please come forward.

I will do my best to answer my mail tonight or tomorrow latest.

Thanks guys!

Don't thank the 'ordinary guys' here Don, it is us that have to thank YOU, for making this great system and explaining it to us. I've made 57 trades and only 7 losses [88% wins]since doing this from 22nd March.

iGoR:
Arnold,

Nice try..but...

Look to the images posted here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176695/page59

and read the first alinea of this posting by the author of this very same topic...it was confirmed by himself...

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

I agree that you try to deffend someone but as I said do it with facts and not with some claims against what other people already agreed on...

igor

Here are the facts as I see them:

1. The MTF indicator is not needed to trade this method.

2. The bottom TF on the MTF indicator will always match the HAS candle for

candle.

3. If you start with the M1 on the bottom and note the color of the last

square on the M5, M15, and M30, you will see that those colors remain the

same when you change TF's.

I think it is impossible to back test MTF indicator in metatrader if you analyze more than 2 time frames. Igor got an right idea about MTF and I dont understand why you are ignoring this. Trading is not a politics or chicken game. It's all about money.

Maybe your system makes good money then prove it.

Account history speaks louder than back test...

veraphan:
I think it is impossible to back test MTF indicator in metatrader if you analyze more than 2 time frames. Igor got an right idea about MTF and I dont understand why you are ignoring this. Trading is not a politics or chicken game. It's all about money.

Maybe your system makes good money then prove it.

Account history speaks louder than back test...

Only Time Will Tell - LoL! I believe it can be backtested. Price doesn't care what the TF is. All the info is there in the chart for every TF.

fxshadow:
Only Time Will Tell - LoL! I believe it can be backtested. Price doesn't care what the TF is. All the info is there in the chart for every TF.

It can be backtested but not by metatrader(as far as i know) and chart dosent have all information that you need even if you have all the tics.

bluemoon21:
Don't thank the 'ordinary guys' here Don, it is us that have to thank YOU, for making this great system and explaining it to us. I've made 57 trades and only 7 losses [88% wins]since doing this from 22nd March.

Was that with the original method?

Thanks