**Steinitz** Method Revealed Here - page 96

First Time Here

Hello to all,

This is my first time visiting this thread. Several people have emailed me wanting me to check this method.

I am an MT4 programmer and would like to join the effort to develop an EA.

This is a long thread so it might take me a while to understand the system.

As far as someone "selling" the system I believe they are teaching the system for a fee. That might be a good sign that the system will work. I do agree that you should get a cut but good luck with that.

This happens often. I have seen many indicators and EAs that were developed here and elsewhere that ended up for sale on EBay or some web site. I challenged one of the web sites that was selling indicators I developed. Long discussion but basically I wanted to speak to the programmer and they refused. They actually had the nerve to offer me a job!!!

There will always be people who will try to take advantage of those who are unfamiliar with the forums. Things freely given will often be stolen and put up for sale.

There are other seminars that now use indicators written here and elsewhere but often the seminar just needed tools to help with methods already taught.

One of the richest infomercial people sells free government booklets.

IMHO it would be best to move on and use our energy to improve the system.

Robert

File name problems

Flytox:
Hello,

rename Heiken Ashi Smoothed.mq4 exactly ike this :Heiken_Ashi_Smoothed.mq4

it's because when the 4Tf's calls the HAS in the code it's written like this. Thanks to cja for his help.

I have come across this problem many times before.

When there is a space or special character in a file name the space or special character is converted to an _ for some reason. I do not know if this is done by MT4, email or download but it does happen. It would be best to not use spaces and special characters in filenames.

That is why you often see experts or indicators starting with _ when they actually started with $ or #.

I even had one custom indicator with _+_ converted to ___.

If anyone knows a better place to post this message please copy and do so.

Robert

To the programmers

I have sent my two completed EA's to 12 members claiming to have programming skills. I need to hear back from you. I am hoping one or more of you have had some time to check out the code and made some testing.

I hoped for more communications by now. I have a plan B & C. I feel like the teacher in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off " Anyone anyone anyone......

P.S. These guys that are using my method with the help of the contributors mentioned previously is a great example of the highest form of flatery.

Programmer

Hi Don,

MrPip is one of the best mq4 programmer around. If he is here to help, don't throw the chances out of the window.

Good luck.

Happy pips,

p

steinitz:
I have sent my two completed EA's to 12 members claiming to have programming skills. I need to hear back from you. I am hoping one or more of you have had some time to check out the code and made some testing.

I hoped for more communications by now. I have a plan B & C. I feel like the teacher in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off " Anyone anyone anyone......

P.S. These guys that are using my method with the help of the contributors mentioned previously is a great example of the highest form of flatery.

Thanks Don.

Thanx

BIG THANX TO YOU Steinitz & Lee ... GOD BLESS YOU GUYS .

steinitz:
I have decided to post the EA's that Lee has written to this thread for all to use and scrutinize. Regardless of what you think of the code I am happy that he took on this project as he is busy like everyone else with work and family and set apart time to help the cause.

I am sure you will have lots of questions. Please post your questions and comments here for all readers to help answer. I am busy but will do my best to answer what I can.....

Good luck!

Thanks Don and Lee

I am getting compile error on the original520 EA. Error is "CalculateCurrentOrders" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Also, any information on the settings available?

Any ideas?

hi

steinitz:
I have decided to post the EA's that Lee has written to this thread for all to use and scrutinize. Regardless of what you think of the code I am happy that he took on this project as he is busy like everyone else with work and family and set apart time to help the cause.

I am sure you will have lots of questions. Please post your questions and comments here for all readers to help answer. I am busy but will do my best to answer what I can.....

Good luck!

Hi,

Thanks guys ....hope get a good result

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

Question ..

hi Steinitz ..

I want to know plz how can i stop the Pop up Alert that keeps coming with every price movment in the Scalping EA ??

Thanx a lot Boss

Working together

Yannis:
Don,

Sorry for been late to reply but as i told you in my last pm i was out of town and just came back today. I am going to check the eas thoroughly but here are the last versions with a first quick mod involving the way the orders are processed as well as the alert issue, after a first very quick and dirty look.

I know Mr Pip and probably a few other coders will get their hands on the code so i believe we will need to find a way to 'gather' all the fixes, mods and potential enhancements in a proper and organized manner, otherwise we will find ourselves with a multitude of versions circulating around.

Any suggestion welcome.

Yannis

I have the two EAs with these same names directly from Don. Did you make the mods and save as the same name? I just want to determine if I have the same version, easier to ask then to scan the code for changes.

Perhaps all coders should get together somehow on skype or some other chat system to discuss changes. That will help keep the versions to a minimum. Also faster than email or posts here.

My first changes include adding a log file to keep track of the indicator values as well as high and low price while a trade is open. Another idea is to add a filter so a trade is more likely to enter at the start of a move instead of when the market is flat. This would be for entry when all colors allign.

Perhaps a switch or menu to enter the trade as the ea is now programmed or to try new entry ideas. The same idea for testing trailing stops.

That way different ideas can be kept in one EA. Similar to the work done on Din_Kuskus and SkyDart EAs for those that are familiar with those methods.

I still need to study the docs to better understand how the EA is suppose to work.

Robert