**Steinitz** Method Revealed Here - page 92

DelBoy:
Don

I take my hat off to you in admiration for what you have achieved so far!

Keep up the good work.

Thanks

I have included another member who works for a large computer company who will optimize the program on a super computer to see if we can achieve better modeling and better results. Data gaps cause these issues that maybe influence the results.

Good modeling has nothing to do with an EA intrinsically being able to become profitable. Garbage in garbage out!

So to date Lee has a friend who is a programmer working at a large bank as a programmer and I have a members helping out.

I will also have the first copy of the "original method" this weekend for trials. Man I just doesn't get to relax. If saw my schedule here you would think I was crazy.

I want to have financial freedom as bad as you guys do!

Nice weekend all!

Thank you Don!

Don,

Just wanted to say thank you for the update and for your efforts with your busy schedule. I just want you to know that your efforts are truly appreciated. Have a great weekend!

SirWolf

hedging

In regards to post #930

I've been working manually on something similar to what you said minime. It works pretty well. I've been using the 15m as my lowest bar and waiting until the 15m 30m and 1hr agree. (there are other parameters as well but that's the basic). The problem was deciding whether to exit early or wait until the 4th bar agreed and let the trade float until the top bar changed back again. Sometimes the trade would float for 4-5 days and grab hundreds of pips! Other times it would go up +100 and come back 70 pips to only make +30 or so once the top bar finally changed back. Missing out on a big chunk.

What I begain doing is trading a smaller amount when I got a strong enough signal counter to the top (4h) bar and initial trade direction (a hedge). The nice thing about this was that if the initial trade kept "floating", I made even more pips! If it stopped floating, I made the pips from the initial trade and made pips from the smaller trade. Either way I win! The thing is, with this strategy, there is almost always a trade going on. So I had to develop a series of signals according to how strong they were, in order to overrule a "floating" trade and enter into a new trade if it was a stronger signal than the previous one. Does that make sense? It works almost flawlessly if you get it down right.

ea

steinitz,

or anyone else, is this attached indicator one of the ones that repaints?? it looks too good to be true... let me know....thanks

mtf_macd_x.mq4

Files:

when setting up for modeling quaility of 90%

I import the data and have it in the import screen but when I go to open offline there is nothing there.

what did I do wrong?

phorex_phreak:
steinitz,

or anyone else, is this attached indicator one of the ones that repaints?? it looks too good to be true... let me know....thanks

mtf_macd_x.mq4

I shouldn't be posting here because im not 100% sure about this, but im sure someone will correct me here if me wrong. I think it is generally accepted that MTF indicators do not give accurate readings for the past, only for the present.

I have a MTF MACD (not this version) and it looks very good in the past, but if you watch it, or reset the template you will see that it corrects past mistakes.

steinitz:
Some more results with B/E SL. Tick data. Modeling questionable.

"modeling questionable" indeed. It is impossible to enter a trade, set the SL = current price and then wait for it go into profit. The SL must be at least MODE_STOPLEVEL away from current price or it is simply invalid. Congrats on finding (yet another) bug in the backtester.

Please take me off your list, I don't think the strategies or code is sound. Account #1 = completely dead, it stopped trading because there was no margin left. I suspect that most of the time there was less than $291 in the account, but most brokers would have closed the trades as soon as it hit 50-120% margin.

Account #2 only closing the winners again, this time only 45% drawdown instead of 97%.

Account #3 SL bug mentioned above.

Good luck all.

daraknor:
"modeling questionable" indeed. It is impossible to enter a trade, set the SL = current price and then wait for it go into profit. The SL must be at least MODE_STOPLEVEL away from current price or it is simply invalid. Congrats on finding (yet another) bug in the backtester.

Not true. We set the Sl = to breakeven when in profit by 10 pips. It's a basic setting. What is your problem?

Please take me off your list, I don't think the strategies or code is sound.

Your off the member list.

Account #1 = completely dead, it stopped trading because there was no margin left. I suspect that most of the time there was less than $291 in the account, but most brokers would have closed the trades as soon as it hit 50-120% margin.

We are in the testing stage and using high speed mainframes to help with optimization. I never said I was done with the EA

Account #2 only closing the winners again, this time only 45% drawdown instead of 97%.

Same as above

Account #3 SL bug mentioned above.

Do you know how the word "bug" was originally used as a term?

Answer: The old time computers where extremely large (took up a whole house) and ran on vacuum tubes. Once in a while a moth would make itself present because of the heat and light and casued issues with the circuitry, hence the word "bug".

By the way you are officially the first member who wants off my list. DONE

Good luck all.

Read above

1st try

Hi Don

Tried method 1 out yesterday on 9 pairs looking for just 10 pips on each. 11 positive trades out of 12 for + 93 pips. Very happy.

Thank you.

Johnoz

Files:
friday.jpg  204 kb

steinitz:
We are in the testing stage and using high speed mainframes to help with optimization. I never said I was done with the EA

Are those the mainframes on fantasy island?