High Potential Hedging EA, EURUSD vs USDCHF - page 8

mikep:
abrs70 - can you explain how the Initial Stop works? I've set it at 25 with a trailing stop of 20. So I'd expect an order to have an initial stop 25 pips away and for that to change if the trade moves in my favor.

However it seems that this isn't happening - in fact groups of orders with different entry prices have the same SL...kinda wierd from what I think is supposed to happen.

I've attached a screen shot showing a sample of open trades...

Thanks in advance.

Please note that my initial lot size was set at 0.5 lots so that's why it may look a little wierd...

tnh_z:
abrs70,

A question.why you name this EA "hedging EA" ?

Hedging on EURUSD vs USDCHF means we open the same position on each of them." buy eur + buy chf " OR "sell eur + sell chf ". But your EA opens two opposite positions on eur&chf .this make risk double and is not hedge!!!

please read the whole thread first..already answered

mikep:
abrs70 - can you explain how the Initial Stop works? I've set it at 25 with a trailing stop of 20. So I'd expect an order to have an initial stop 25 pips away and for that to change if the trade moves in my favor.

However it seems that this isn't happening - in fact groups of orders with different entry prices have the same SL...kinda wierd from what I think is supposed to happen.

I've attached a screen shot showing a sample of open trades...

Thanks in advance.

if initial stop = 25 means = (max trade x pips) + 25 = ( 10 x 8 ) + 25 = 105

abrs70:
if initial stop = 25 means = (max trade x pips) + 25 = ( 10 x 8 ) + 25 = 105

So just to be clear on the risk, with the EA attached on 4 charts at 10 trades max per chart, I could theoretically have 40 trades open with each trade at a SL of 105 pips (then combine with increasing lot sizes per trade subsequently opening).

btw, so far this EA has given great results this week (started with demo on Sunday at 3k equity and now around 4.5k, balance however around 3.3k...).

Instead of reducing the max trades per chart, could an option be built to set the stop at a specific level regardless of max trades or pips (something like a regular SL of 30p per order)?

Thanks!

mikep:
So just to be clear on the risk, with the EA attached on 4 charts at 10 trades max per chart, I could theoretically have 40 trades open with each trade at a SL of 105 pips (then combine with increasing lot sizes per trade subsequently opening).

btw, so far this EA has given great results this week (started with demo on Sunday at 3k equity and now around 4.5k, balance however around 3.3k...).

Instead of reducing the max trades per chart, could an option be built to set the stop at a specific level regardless of max trades or pips (something like a regular SL of 30p per order)?

Thanks!

that will defeat the purpose of martingale

abrs70:
that will defeat the purpose of martingale

How so since the doubling of lot sizes is still preserved? It's the risk exposure that I'm trying to minimize within a martingale environment.

Maybe it's just something about martingales that I'm not getting...

Thanks for your help!

This is impressive. I think this would ge a great EA to have an account you manage closely, then with those profits, run an account and increase the lot size as profit grows. It go can get it to double 10 times, you have $10M. I wish I could test this EA, but in the middle of possibly moving out of state for a job and too busy. Looks great though. Great work ABRS!

Ducati:
This is impressive. I think this would ge a great EA to have an account you manage closely, then with those profits, run an account and increase the lot size as profit grows. It go can get it to double 10 times, you have $10M. I wish I could test this EA, but in the middle of possibly moving out of state for a job and too busy. Looks great though. Great work ABRS!

test it on usd10k, if you want sure profitable, do this:

1. set starting lot to 0.01 with max trades 15, pip 8, TP 15 so your coverage movement (trapping) is about 120pips. You only need the EU to retrace 20-30 pip in order to close all positions.

2. If that is live account, please be alert on major news ( must do hard for your money ) and close fairly small floating loss on friday coz you dont know what would happen on sunday afternoon, could be a spike.

Files:

Account just surpassed 100% growth today after opening on Sunday - unbelievable for after just 4 days!!

Please note that I just changed the settings yesterday to include an Initial Stop - prior to that they were zero. There were a few eye catching moments - namely watching the lot size increase from 0.5 to a max of 32 today! I also lost my internet connection a few times (once for about 8 hours due to power outage when I was at work...) So this statement isn't as "clean" as it should be...

Going live I probably wouldn't start with .5 lots but curiousity got me...anyway the statement is attached...

abrs70 - really cool stuff!

Files:
statement_5.htm  345 kb

one feature nice to have

abrs70 - very nice job. Thanks for sharing the EA.

I use this stategy between the hours of 9-7, during choppy market.

I have never try UK or Eur session.

I nornally close all the open orders once I reach the profit goal,

after adding all the open trades and pips greater or equal to 5 pips.

Is it possible to include this option in your EA?

After closing all the orders, the EA would start over again.

thanks in advance.