Goblin Bipolar mod H - page 9

I'd prefer to see no backtests at all. They're noise.

I use them to debug EAs -- are lot sizes being generated properly and are trades pretty much being opened and closed where I think they should be? -- that's it.

Only real-time trading, demo or live, shows what the EA will do.

People are chasing after some pretty bad EAs based on backtest results. I've done my share of that.

I am using Goblin on demo

I am running goblin on demo, but it opens up and then closes straight away. It gave me a buy indicator today on GBP/USD before the big leap, but closed within a min for a 1 pip loss? Can you help?

Hello all,

Nice forward test Autofx,

Please, can you tell me, what time frame and what settings do you use ( ootb settings i presume, and 1 hour i presume, but ..)

Thanks,

barnix:
Goblin BiPolar Edition v.2.0 Mod H_fibo3 without indicator for any timeframe

haha. you and your backtests are pathetic. but hey go ahead and trade that. show us your statments after a week or so. if your still standing that is

I use H4 OOTB. The statement you see was produced by this EA as I tweaked it, but I will leave it alone for a while now.

I haven't touched it since yesterday, and I'm happy with how the overnight action was handled.

Heh...it works better if you don't forward-test on a 10k STANDARD account.

Blew out about 6k on the moves this morning.

My own darned fault for not remembering to select "mini" when I created the account, tho. It held up surprisingly well on 4 pairs...and boy, did it crank out the profits before it blew up!

sstillwell

Thanks very much autofx

I will let you know how about my forward test next week

sstillwell:
My own darned fault for not remembering to select "mini" when I created the account, tho.

I make this goof all the time, very easy to do!

crash

barnix:
Goblin BiPolar Edition v.2.0 Mod H_fibo3 without indicator for any timeframe

backtested for the last 6 months...and not long before it crashed....

sstillwell:
Heh...it works better if you don't forward-test on a 10k STANDARD account.

Blew out about 6k on the moves this morning.

My own darned fault for not remembering to select "mini" when I created the account, tho. It held up surprisingly well on 4 pairs...and boy, did it crank out the profits before it blew up!

sstillwell

Which version (and issuing date) and settings did you use when the account blew up?