Goblin Bipolar mod H - page 10

christoff,

It doesn't matter -- the whole point is that he used a standard, not a mini account.

elepoutre:
backtested for the last 6 months...and not long before it crashed....

A crashed backtest does not mean the EA is bad. There are bugs in the backtest engines and only a few people know how to get a semi-reliable backtest, and even then you have to take the results with a grain of salt.

I wish I could get you people off of this backtest kick!

It leads you down the wrong paths.

Standard Account Blowing

Hi Autofx,

Would you mind sharing why is there that difference in tendency of blowing between standard and mini accounts?

Regards,

Chrisstoff

With this EA, I'm not sure. I did not write, nor have I studied in depth, the lot size calculations.

But in general, there usually have to be separate lot size calculations for mini versus standard accounts.

In my own EAs, one simply turns AccountIsMini on or off, and it's handled. With this EA......again, I'm not sure, nor am I motivated to investigate it at this time.........I'll leave it to others.

My bad...I think it actually does accomodate for actual lot size. I just got blindsided.

Reset the account and am running with lower risk settings and 1.3 multiplier.

To save time and hassle -- redownload the EA at the beginning of this thread, and run ONLY on InterbankFX mini demo accounts.

Hmmm. Well well well. Looking at some of the code in this Goblin_BiPolar_Edition2modH ea tells me somebody has been a very bad boy decompiling Archer Trading ea's and stealing & copying code snippets like these ---

// Specify a name for the global Equity flag variable.

EquityFlag = AccountNumber()+"_"+Symbol()+"_"+Period()+"_EquityFlag";

: and this :

if (OrderType() == OP_BUY && OrderProfit() >= 0)

{

Comment("In grid closure mode. Closing a winner...");

Print("In grid closure mode. Closing a winner...");

OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),Bid,Slippage,Yellow);

}

: and this : (an Archer signature)

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

//| Manage Our Open Buy Orders |

I'm contacting Archer to report this. Better look out thief!

TechInvestor Gator:
Hmmm. Well well well. Looking at some of the code in this Goblin_BiPolar_Edition2modH ea tells me somebody has been a very bad boy decompiling Archer Trading ea's and stealing & copying code snippets like these ---

// Specify a name for the global Equity flag variable.

EquityFlag = AccountNumber()+"_"+Symbol()+"_"+Period()+"_EquityFlag";

: and this :

if (OrderType() == OP_BUY && OrderProfit() >= 0)

{

Comment("In grid closure mode. Closing a winner...");

Print("In grid closure mode. Closing a winner...");

OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),Bid,Slippage,Yellow);

}

: and this : (an Archer signature)

//| Manage Our Open Buy Orders |

I'm contacting Archer to report this. Better look out thief!

I don't see an "Archer Signature" anywhere. It all appears very generic statements to me.

hey ..

TechInvestor Gator !.. ewwww Get a Lyf ... dude . n try to keep ur emotions out of Forex...

Ah yes, "Archer" is http://www.archertrading.net

This joker, "techinvest", was a clown on my forum who tried to convince us he was a big cheese.

His takes on pipscooper's buy-low-sell-high idea were mostly sloppy hacks.

pipscooper and EMSJOFLO collaborated on the early implementation of an excellent idea, and techinvest merely built on that, and I and other forum members built on it lots more, to create a consistently profitable EA.

All of techinvest's code that I saw borrowed liberally from code that originated with me.