Goblin "BiPolar" Edition - page 68

Alassio Fixed Lot's Demo 1HR Timeframe EUR, JPY & EUR/CHF. Preset, Experts, and Forward test report attached.

Fixed Lot sequence 0.1, 0.1, 0.3, 0.6. 1.2, 1.2

Personally as stated before I don't really like these Martingale, but this one appears quite SOLID. Max Trades 6, very good results, although it appears, the market in these curriencies is ranging in waves, which are good for martingale EA's so the results MAY BE somewhat deceptive in my opinion for this week?

Alassio,

below my test on H1 EURUSD only (30min update):

http://www.forexea.com/alassio/statement.htm

So far very good.

Tomstaufer, do you use GoblinBiPolar_Alassio_foxed_lots2 version?

Timeframe for the best preformance.

Here is a question that I do not know if it has been asked yet.

Is there a BEST timeframe for this EA to run?

Has it been tried by using the London vs NY open sessions?

Or just let it run the 24 hour a day?

Something to think about.

Jimbo61:
Here is a question that I do not know if it has been asked yet.

Is there a BEST timeframe for this EA to run?

Has it been tried by using the London vs NY open sessions?

Or just let it run the 24 hour a day?

Something to think about.

In the mean time I tried many different timeframes and I still stick to H1.

First I thought that the faster timeframes would generate more trades and maybe better signals. This turned out to be an illusion. The JMA is very responsive also on H1 timeframe, so stick to H1.

I don't use RSX any more, too many whipsaws, basically worked only properly with the SMATrendFilter enabled which fixed you to one side only for a longer period. Only JMA is enough.

I let it run 24h all week also during news. I am experimenting with a ATR limit as suggested by Dave, this helps reducing losers. I may try to avoid news time and the weekend gap, it is open whether this improves results.

My favourate pairs with similar ATRs are EUR$, EURCHF, $CHF, $CAD.

Adapting the beast to any Yen pair is difficult, you have to scale up everything to master the high ATR. This seems not worth the effort.

chrisstoff:
Alassio,

You made great job with your version of Goblin EA. Thank you for sharing it. I backtested your EA and got good results so I started forward test this week.

I think the slippage issues exist in case of limit orders as well.

Close all orders in a loop would be an improvement comparing to the present closing solution.

After neutralising the current trade by an opposite order we should handle that opposite order and that could generate another issue.

Yes, the programmer and trader should take slippage into consideration at planning pipsteps, SL or TP.

The problem is that if price moves fast you overshoot pip spacing and then have slippage in addition. This should be better using limit orders, but I didn't test anything yet.

The close all in the loop is trivial to implement, done alreay, works great.

Well, you could leave the offsetting orders forever ... they don't hurt except that they unnecessarily consume some margin.

Well, there is a command OrderCloseBy() in MQL that allows to close one order by another order. This would be perfect, but I suspect it doesn't work if the lot sizes are different, must test it ... Otherwise we would have to pay the spread on the open orders as soon as we want to get rid of them ...

When forward testing I add 3 pips to every TP for orders > 1, this should compensate slippage issues.

txsundevil:
Alassio Fixed Lot's Demo 1HR Timeframe EUR, JPY & EUR/CHF. Preset, Experts, and Forward test report attached.

Fixed Lot sequence 0.1, 0.1, 0.3, 0.6. 1.2, 1.2

Personally as stated before I don't really like these Martingale, but this one appears quite SOLID. Max Trades 6, very good results, although it appears, the market in these curriencies is ranging in waves, which are good for martingale EA's so the results MAY BE somewhat deceptive in my opinion for this week?

You seem to use Dave's settings. They are ok, but still I have no positive experience with JPY, it always gave me terrible results in backtesting ...

For forward testing, you should enable UseDynamicLots=true, this will allow compounding of your profits, which gives you geometric instead of linear growth. Set LotBaseEquity and LotBaseSize which determine the factor the individual lot sizes are multiplied with: For LotBaseEquity=50000 and LotBaseSize=1, if you have only 5k in the account, it will multiply lot sizes by 0.1. When you have 500k in your account, they will be multiplied by 10.

For backtesting, I always choose UseDynamicLots=false, otherwise the results are distorted by the lot size management. For forward testing or real trading UseDynamicLots=true is recommended.

Trader83:
Tomstaufer, do you use GoblinBiPolar_Alassio_foxed_lots2 version?

Yes. From #612.

this week I had to give back the previous 3 weeks earnings. Starting wednesday the ausie started a steady incline that eventually turned into a thrust past top side trend line resistance. I had 5 trades get opened up and the price was 50 pips above the closest target. I decided to close everything, since I still had the initial deposit, and start fresh. Theres no way I could leave all those orders in over the weekend. The euro$ opened 5 orders but pulled back to close them. Aussie was drifting into never never land.

The ausie$ has become a problem that started durring forward testing. Like $jpy is. So I am going to be running on only the euro$ and $cad. 3658 starting balance.

Dave

Files:

25% rise

My first week trading the system live this week.

Trading EUR/USD ,USD/CHF,USD/CAD.

Buying roughly around 0 GMT and selling roughly around 12 GMT watching ATR and taking care that currencies are not overbought or oversold on entry.

Approx up around 25% for week.Far and away my best EA performer for the week.

Not for the faint hearted though .Frequently get's itself in and out of drawdown hell even being ultra conservative.

retro:
My first week trading the system live this week.

Trading EUR/USD ,USD/CHF,USD/CAD.

Buying roughly around 0 GMT and selling roughly around 12 GMT watching ATR and taking care that currencies are not overbought or oversold on entry.

Approx up around 25% for week.Far and away my best EA performer for the week.

Not for the faint hearted though .Frequently get's itself in and out of drawdown hell even being ultra conservative.

Nice results. I have a fix on tap for that little "drawdown hell" problem.