Goblin "BiPolar" Edition - page 33

Tp

autofx:
Do a "diff".

so whenever it could be close in profit or loose it will be good when market

in your favor but does it close early enough before market shoot against us??

maybe this friday could be good time to see and then maybe time for real accont test....

thx

Mod H trades pretty much the same as mod F, except it closes winners at 20 pips (not via tp), and it closes the biggest loser when enough "gravy" has been taken, and it closes all trades when an equity gain is seen on a pair (I set the default at 1.01 or 1% of the account). These last two techniques are powerful and are key parts of our best Automatic Forex EAs.

The most recent fix was to the part that closes the biggest loser FOR THE PAIR, so that multi-pair trading will be fully supported.

I felt I owed this work to bluto and the other forum members here, as you guys have done stellar work on this EA and have shared it openly. Goblin_Bipolar made its way onto my forum, and I saw that this is an open forum so I figured the authors expected the EA would "get out". In the spirit of sharing and fairness, I posted my mods here. My best mods are available here, for all. I hope my contributions turn out to be profitable in the long haul.

I am demo-testing mod H and will report my results in a couple of weeks.

autofx:
Mod H trades pretty much the same as mod F, except it closes winners at 20 pips (not via tp), and it closes the biggest loser when enough "gravy" has been taken, and it closes all trades when an equity gain is seen on a pair (I set the default at 1.01 or 1% of the account). These last two techniques are powerful and are key parts of our best Automatic Forex EAs.

The most recent fix was to the part that closes the biggest loser FOR THE PAIR, so that multi-pair trading will be fully supported.

I felt I owed this work to bluto and the other forum members here, as you guys have done stellar work on this EA and have shared it openly. Goblin_Bipolar made its way onto my forum, and I saw that this is an open forum so I figured the authors expected the EA would "get out". In the spirit of sharing and fairness, I posted my mods here. My best mods are available here, for all. I hope my contributions turn out to be profitable in the long haul.

Thank you for your contribution Bob, developing this great EA further was really fair and generous from you

Regards,

Chrisstoff

autofx:

Thank u Bob .

best regard for u and all ur forum members

Thanks ibda and christoff, I hope we all are able to enjoy the promised land of automatic trading.

with an attitude like yours I'm sure good things happen to you daily. You coders on this thread leave me slightly awestruck I must say, please continue...

autofx:

I'm new to the thread.

I picked up the code from post 317 on page 32.

Obviously there are some custom indicators involved. Where can I get those?

I have read back a few pages, saw the conflict about entering the contest etc.

Can we not find a win win solution for everyone here? Isn't that part of collaborative development? Let us choose to be allies more than enemies eh? Let's not anyone leave a mutually valuable project? Please?

I really can't dictate anyone else's actions or motives nor do I desire to. I wish to see everyone as successful as possible. I know that only happens when everyone plays for a win win.

This sort of success isn't about controlling outcomes of our efforts, It's about continuing to make the best efforts we are able to make and trusting the outcome will follow from that process.

If we are here to seek personal validation only it will undermine our efforts. This much I know. I offer what I know freely. My validation comes from knowing I am doing my best and making a contribution. When my contributions increase the performance of a project even a little then I share in the common success of the group to which I contribute. It is a natural result that requires no special protection on my part. I understand playing win - win. It is the best way in fact it is the only way to truly succeed.

I ask the other developers here to take a page out of my book and play for the common welfare first. The common welfare will bring forth the best outcome for the individual. We need have no fear of that. It works. It's proven. It is also proven that when one seeks their own benefit at the exclusion of the common welfare neither the individual nor the group benefits.

If we come to understand this and adapt and modify our egos to these facts as we adapt and modify our codes we will do more to assure our success than anything else we can individual do. We will also create the greatest good for others. If the driving motive is to do the best for oneself, this is the way to do so, if the driving motive is to do the best in service of others this is the way to do so. Both motives are best served in the same way.

Consider well what I have said and if you have left the thread with hurt feelings please allow them to lead you to a higher social maturity and return and continue the effort here with renewed and full purpose. We all deserve the best from each other and to offer our best to the group. I offer these thoughts because they are my best.

I would like to study this program more.

Would someone Please be so kind as to post the custom indicators connected with it so that I can start running tests?

Glad to have you around !!

Page 1 zip should have everything else you need.

My Thanks Too

chrisstoff:
Thank you for your contribution Bob, developing this great EA further was really fair and generous from you

Regards,

Chrisstoff

Bob,

My hats off to you too. Thanks from the heart. Happy New Year, too. I will be testing this version also and will report back.

Trader1

Last week my Bi Polar stop placing trades so I deleted it over the weekend and re downloaded. Great right? Well I duno it placed trades this morning and ran it course I guess and when it was done no more trades. Hmmm I'm using the defaults and on a 15Min TF. Any Ideas? Have read post about changing the number 17 to 7 should I do that? Thanks