Goblin "BiPolar" Edition - page 38

JanusTrading:
AutoFX,

i warned and questioned already during the holiday season the "forward" testing results of some folks in here, as beeing not sustainable, because of unrealistic overleverage.

I got specially excited, after learning about the overconfident idea to have this EA run in the MT4 contest and the fact that the "mastermind" Bluto decided to vanish.

Since you appear not new to FX, but to this forum, please note that i am a frequent poster in the related 10point3(Goblin beeing one of its hybrids) threads and the paid section of this forum, where you find Terminator+Predator .

Furthermore i am trading a modified version of this EA type in a real account since several month and only survived due to luck and underleverage.

In this thread here, i tried to make very clear statements in previous posts about my experiences with this type of EA and its nasty habit to kill accounts within hours, if traded overleveraged and hoped to give some vital suggestions, which are equally important to the basic settings.

Since i was earmarked as "ultra conservative" with my settings and leverage by several folks, now is the right time to "drop the pants" and see the trading results on some bigger moves during the past days.

I hoped, we could all learn something from the results..........

Note: Did all you "hotshot" leveraged traders survive this week trading 0.1 lots on 10k USD accounts? Or is the account already gone?

Keep in mind, that this type of EA will kill your money faster than HagenDaz icecream melts in the sun of New Mexico in summertime, if leveraged wrong.

Janus

Ok Janus, It is time to drop the pants but....... YOU DROP YOURS FIRST!

I usually dont post very much because I practice learning from others whom I believe are smarter than me and there are many here on this forum that are my forex heros (including you Janus!).

Here is the report and i refuse to drop my pants. Just read it for yourself and weep.

It didnt blow the account! And by the way, i didnt go with 10k either. I started with only 1500.00. thats right! 1500 and ran it all the way through the NFP using .10 lots and see for yourself the results.

The reason that I am saying all of this, never, never, never, take away the "What Ifs" that new traders try out. How will we know if this EA can take the pressure if we dont get out of the "Ultra Conservative Box"?

I am using the Goblin Biplor and it is piling money in the bank with very little drawdown all week. I sent a PM to Bluto to share my settings, (and by the way, it is all in the settings) but he never responded. I thought it was the least i could do since everyone was jumping ship on this EA.

So for all of those who say it cannot be done, please get ready to "drop em".

Best Regards

Files:

buko:
Ok Janus, It is time to drop the pants but....... YOU DROP YOURS FIRST!

I usually dont post very much because I practice learning from others whom I believe are smarter than me and there are many here on this forum that are my forex heros (including you Janus!).

Here is the report and i refuse to drop my pants. Just read it for yourself and weep.

It didnt blow the account! And by the way, i didnt go with 10k either. I started with only 1500.00. thats right! 1500 and ran it all the way through the NFP using .10 lots and see for yourself the results.

The reason that I am saying all of this, never, never, never, take away the "What Ifs" that new traders try out. How will we know if this EA can take the pressure if we dont get out of the "Ultra Conservative Box"?

I am using the Goblin Biplor and it is piling money in the bank with very little drawdown all week. I sent a PM to Bluto to share my settings, (and by the way, it is all in the settings) but he never responded. I thought it was the least i could do since everyone was jumping ship on this EA.

So for all of those who say it cannot be done, please get ready to "drop em".

Best Regards

crownforex? heard bad things about them. demo and live chart is different

here is a back test ( 3 months) of new settings I'll be forward testing for the next couple weeks.

Dave

buko:

Best Regards

I think it's a good idea to push EAs to their limits when demo testing but I think that Janus is merely cautioning those that plan to take this live to not overleverage...excellent advice. The market might not bite you this week or even this month but that's not to say that it cannot and will not happen.

Attached is a statment from the paid section. The account started with $100k trading 0.10 lots. The account reached a high of $216k after 4 months of demo trading Party-time!!!!!

The next week, the market reared it's ugly head and pulled the account down to $28k. This can happen to any Martingale-type system if the trend is strong enough and goes against you.

BiPolar might be able to handle the SuperTrends a bit better because of the hedging but if you are overleveraged your account can meet the same fate as the one posted here and you will get a margin call kiss your money good-bye.

alpin:
Great result for 4 days trade . Would you explain to us what is the different between your 3 accounts?

I'm really shocked this version of GoblinBipolar didn't attract more attention. Some of it's features are really great! Props to Sstillwell...

The settings on the ea are the settings I used in two of the three statements. The eur/usd only account was getting blown out. The the eur/usd,usd/jpy, account with the 2:1 ratio of risk per lot to equity gain to stop out at performed the best....it's posted below. I had a platform at 1:1 ratio of above factors but drawdown was unacceptable in my opinion so I closed it. One thing to note is that the account that produced the statement below had pretty much no drawdown this past week. Also, in light of all the talk of using extremely low leverage to survive volatile market conditions, I know these risk settings are very, very high indeed. That's why I started the account with $100 because thats pretty much all I can afford to lose trading recklessly. Another thing to note about my settings, the way I've got these settings the ea closes series of trades with "adjusting profit settings." I say this because 9 out of 10 times I get an equity closure by a trade traveling just a few pips. When there is potential for drawdown the profit target extends out as far as 20 pips attaining greater profit when needed which isn't often....

Again, props to sstillwell for modifying this ea, the volatility based lot sizing is great!

Files:
best.htm  92 kb

faifarni:
I'm really shocked this version of GoblinBipolar didn't attract more attention. Some of it's features are really great! Props to Sstillwell...

The settings on the ea are the settings I used in two of the three statements. The eur/usd only account was getting blown out. The the eur/usd,usd/jpy, account with the 2:1 ratio of risk per lot to equity gain to stop out at performed the best....it's posted below. I had a platform at 1:1 ratio of above factors but drawdown was unacceptable in my opinion so I closed it. One thing to note is that the account that produced the statement below had pretty much no drawdown this past week. Also, in light of all the talk of using extremely low leverage to survive volatile market conditions, I know these risk settings are very, very high indeed. That's why I started the account with $100 because thats pretty much all I can afford to lose trading recklessly. Another thing to note about my settings, the way I've got these settings the ea closes series of trades with "adjusting profit settings." I say this because 9 out of 10 times I get an equity closure by a trade traveling just a few pips. When there is potential for drawdown the profit target extends out as far as 20 pips attaining greater profit when needed which isn't often....

Again, props to sstillwell for modifying this ea, the volatility based lot sizing is great!

There you go Faifarni!

Was this the one that came from post #160? That one is the EA that I have been using. Sstilwell posted that EA and it seemed that everyone just ignored it. That is the one that has been most successful to keep an account without blowing it on all my forward accounts.

Hats off to Sstillwell!

sstillwell version - backtest

faifarni:

Great idea and implementation from sstillwell! Thank you for sharing

I think the settings need some tweakenings though.

I know well that only forward tests count but I still made some backtest with sstillwell version, I attach the statement to this post.

Settings: default as Faifarni posted.

Tested pair: GBPUSD

Tested period: 2006 January-December

Time frame: H4

Modelling quality: 90.00%

chrisstoff:
Great idea and implementation from sstillwell! Thank you for sharing

I think the settings need some tweakenings though.

I know well that only forward tests count but I still made some backtest with sstillwell version, I attach the statement to this post.

Settings: default as Faifarni posted.

Tested pair: GBPUSD

Tested period: 2006 January-December

Time frame: H4

Modelling quality: 90.00%

Try 1hour charts on the eurusd. I would not trade gbpusd with any martingale style strategies...but that's just me so if you want to go ahead.

faifarni:
Try 1hour charts on the eurusd. I would not trade gbpusd with any martingale style strategies...but that's just me so if you want to go ahead.

big drawndown!!

Files:
h1-eurusd.rar  41 kb

xxDavidxSxx:
here is a back test ( 3 months) of new settings I'll be forward testing for the next couple weeks. Dave

On your backtest settings it shows "LongSecureProfit=10000.... ShortSecureProfit=10000;"

?????

What kind of setting is that? On my machine, EA won't even generate trades...