Goblin "BiPolar" Edition - page 67

Jimbo61:
OK.

I have been following this thread for a little while... What is the most successful ver of this EA?

Looking to try LIVE on a mini account.

I have run a few test of the "C2.MQ4" that was listed in Post#622 (default settings except lot size was changed to 0.5) for about an hour or so, a couple times this week. Made a couple bucks on it, but just not comfortable to let it run (un-attended) for now.

Any input would be appreciated...

I suggest while waiting for the new version, to run the original version in post #1 on a demo, and get familiar with the way it performs. See what you like and see what you don't like. Then the new version will need some demo time too. Watch the visual on the back tester and see how it opens trades in big moves, ranged market, and sharp trend changes.

Don't just take what some one calls "the best version" and slap it on real money with out getting to know the EA on a very personal level.(even if it comes from Bluto himself)

Dave

xxDavidxSxx:
I suggest while waiting for the new version, to run the original version in post #1 on a demo, and get familiar with the way it performs. See what you like and see what you don't like. Then the new version will need some demo time too. Watch the visual on the back tester and see how it opens trades in big moves, ranged market, and sharp trend changes.

Don't just take what some one calls "the best version" and slap it on real money with out getting to know the EA on a very personal level.(even if it comes from Bluto himself)

Dave

That's good advice. And I certainly hope the newer version will get a rigorous shakedown by anyone interested in it before contemplating live trading. I've been hitting the new version hard myself, hence the latency in posting it, but the more folks pound on and inspect these EA's, the better.

ericbach:
If anyone is interested here is version C2.ea with the TargetEquity and EquityProtection functioning. I don't believe the hedge feature is function correctly. I am currently testing this version swing trading in one direction only.

hi, ericbach

the objective of ce2(goblineditiontest..) is to protect more open orders with one order, but if i open hedge-order and price turns on the opposite direction the loss-hedge is major of profit-serie.

i think that solution is to cover with more hedge-orders.

giapel

i hope with new goblin by bluto , to get near solution

giapel:
hi, ericbach

the objective of ce2(goblineditiontest..) is to protect more open orders with one order, but if i open hedge-order and price turns on the opposite direction the loss-hedge is major of profit-serie.

i think that solution is to cover with more hedge-orders.

giapel

i hope with new goblin by bluto , to get near solution

True, I hope the other programmers here can take the next Goblin released by Bluto and turn it into the 'Holy Grail'

@Bluto - I know you already said your not going to release your 'best' version and release the crippled one that you said you would here but maybe you can give the other programmers here some hints as to what you left out

thanks

The current Goblin Bipolar is already great. It performe nicely Thanks Bluto for the hard work and sharing with us.

I anxious to see the next version of Bipolar with Jitterbug's feature inside. Thanks again mate.

Cheers,

Sensitivity of order handling in real trading

After having done some promising backtests, I have now a few instances of Bipolar running in demo forward testing mode.

Order execution is sensitive regarding pip spacing and slippage and other execution problems that can quickly convert a winner into a loser:

- Sometimes pip spacing of real orders is too high (gaps or slippage?), this can be a problem if relatively narrow pip spacing is used

=> would it be useful to use buy limit/buy stop orders for the whole order sequence to reduce pip spacing problems?

- Closing a trade is sensitive regarding slippage, especially if a higher number of orders must be closed in a trade, this can add up quickly

=> Order closing in Bipolar is not optimal, since after a single order close, start() is exited, we should close all orders in a loop immediately.

Maybe other possiblities exist to avoid closing each order individually. How about using a single opposite order to neutralize the current trade?

- Pip spacing and TP should take into account a slippage of at least 3 pips such that your trades are robust enough and winners don't turn into losers

Hello,

I'm currently running this EA on a 1hr time frame, and made nearly 7% profits on the first run. However, I had to close the trades manually because there seem to be a danger of reversal in two of the currency pairs.

Has anyone tried running the EA on 4hr time frame? Is it advisable? Is it necessary to change the EA settings to suit the 4hr time frame? I'm currently using Bluto's template for 1hr time frame.

Thanks.

Alassio,

You made great job with your version of Goblin EA. Thank you for sharing it. I backtested your EA and got good results so I started forward test this week.

alassio:

- Sometimes pip spacing of real orders is too high (gaps or slippage?), this can be a problem if relatively narrow pip spacing is used

=> would it be useful to use buy limit/buy stop orders for the whole order sequence to reduce pip spacing problems?

I think the slippage issues exist in case of limit orders as well.

alassio:
- Closing a trade is sensitive regarding slippage, especially if a higher number of orders must be closed in a trade, this can add up quickly => Order closing in Bipolar is not optimal, since after a single order close, start() is exited, we should close all orders in a loop immediately.

Close all orders in a loop would be an improvement comparing to the present closing solution.

alassio:
Maybe other possiblities exist to avoid closing each order individually. How about using a single opposite order to neutralize the current trade?

After neutralising the current trade by an opposite order we should handle that opposite order and that could generate another issue.

alassio:
- Pip spacing and TP should take into account a slippage of at least 3 pips such that your trades are robust enough and winners don't turn into losers

Yes, the programmer and trader should take slippage into consideration at planning pipsteps, SL or TP.

Alassio,

below my test on H1 EURUSD only (30min update):

http://www.forexea.com/alassio/statement.htm

So far very good.