Goblin "BiPolar" Edition - page 32

Hopefully Bluto will choose to continue here. Bluto has been gracious, hip, intelligent, fun, creative and giving, he has been nothing short of exemplary for how to LEAD a mature thread/discussion on a trading forum. I'm not trying to blow smoke up his a** I'm just being honest about my observations of him because it's very hard to not notice people who behave in the manner that he has chosen. This has been a very enjoyable and productive thread, I hope it continues to be. cheers

Hopefully Bluto will choose to continue here

I second that..

Threads and files are well organized, extremely helpfull and willing to try lot's of user input, and all and all a real benefit to the community and website. Maybe a group hug is in order

bug

bluto:
Attached is a new version of Goblin named "BiPolar Goblin" based on the trading concept used by xxDavidxSxx of running two Goblins concurrently for the same pair on separate charts - one for buys and one for sells.

This edition runs both the buy and the sell side as separate sub-EA's packaged in one EA. All you need to do is place BiPolar Goblin on a single chart using your favorite timeframe. The EA goes in the \experts folder and the three indicators go in the \experts\indicators. I've also included a template you can use if you want - it goes in the main \templates folder. I'm using an M15 timeframe but use whatever suits you.

Please test...if you find any bugs or have any feedback, let me know. Last but not least...be bodaceous and have fun!

** Tweaks - 12/22/06 **

In addition to fixing a bug, I added a new true/false setting called "UseConservativeRSX_Signals" that is true by default. It enforces the 30/70 rule for RSX upturns/downturns if set to true. Anyone testing this EA should download it and reinstall it into the expert folder. Indicators are unchanged.

** Tweaks - 12/23/06 **

Added new true/false setting "UseFiboLotSizeProgression" to allow lot size progressions based on Fibo sequence (courtesy of Tross).

** Tweaks - 12/24/06 **

- Added new "TargetEquityToCloseAndReset" numeric setting per David's suggestion - this closes all open orders and starts the cycles over on the next signal(s).

- Added new "UseSMATrendFilter" as a safeguard to ensure buy/sell signals are taken when a 3-SMA filter is properly aligned.

- Exposed timeframes and bar-periods for RSX and 3-SMA TrendFilter

** Tweaks - 12/28/06 **

- Noticed that the Turbo_JVEL velocity indicator was lagging the RSX signals. The experimental period setting of 17 was too long and was causing RSX signals to be confirmed and fired too late in the swing. Adjusted this back to a value of 7 (as with the regular Goblin) and increased the velocity factor to .02 +-. This should confirm the strength of RSX signals and help avoid flat periods. Revised EA is in zip.

I found this when I compile it "'MODE_MAXLOT' - variable not defined C:\meta\experts\Goblin BiPolar Edition.mq4 (155, 39)"

we ourselve should change the RSX period to 7 IN Goblin Bipolar??caust it is still 17 in your zip file?

Thx

faifarni:
I've watched a lot of visual backtests and this expert seems to get into trouble when the price runs against a maxed out series of orders. Say you've got max orders set to 4 and your buys are all used up and the price drops another 60 points before a sell is triggered. Would it be possible to put an option on this ea that would be something like "Max pips between buys/sells."?? So basically instead of having to wait for the indicator to say sell when you know it should be triggering sells you force it to begin a sell series when your buys are used up and the specified pips distance has been crossed. Nick,

I really think this would help greatly with drawdown and could make this ea even better. Could anybody please help with coding??

autofx:
Oops, mod H needed a change to properly track the biggest loser for each currency pair.

Hi autoFX,

Thanks for your effort. Can you please kindly advise what is the main differece between this mod version and the original version? Is there any difference in the trading logic?

Mod H needed ANOTHER change to properly track the biggest loser for each currency pair.

Please redownload.

autofx:
Mod H needed ANOTHER change to properly track the biggest loser for each currency pair. Please redownload.

what is the difference with previous EA, looks the same

???

autofx:
Mod H needed ANOTHER change to properly track the biggest loser for each currency pair. Please redownload.

Hi

I install modh it is opening immidiatlly 2 buy on both G/U E/U

but there is no TP in orders .

sorry don't you think at least for the begining trade we may setUseconservativeRSX to true ??

That's right. Mod H does not use take-profits.

abrs70:
what is the difference with previous EA, looks the same

Do a "diff".