Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 18

Phoenix Booster Testing

Hi Hendrick,

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I see the Booster will not work with back test since it will trade many currencies. So only forward test.

I place the EA into USD/JPY and GBP/JPY

And I open additional empty chart without any EA for

EURCHF, CHFJPY, EURGBP

EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDCHF

(For the purpose if the EA needs other currencies data).

I test with risk = 0.3 and M15 timeframe for all charts.

Thank you.

Vedmak:
Dear Mr. Hendrick

I tested your system phoenix 4.2.03 on the historical data and it has shown very good results.

Now I see online test on demo account and I plan to go to the real account.

But I have some questions. Having read your advice ModellingQuality.pdf I could make quality of modelling for 90% and too I want

to optimize parameters of the expert.

Basic them 8. if I put simultaneous optimization at once on 8 parameters it will work a very long time.

And if to do by turns after optimization for example the fifth parameter again it is necessary to optimize the first.

How you have solved this problem?

p.s. Excuse for my english. I read well, but speak horribly

Hi Vedmak,

Don't worry. I will write a manual for testing Phoenix soon!

kowal666:
hey folks,

I've quastion too, i started you ea on 24h working pc with default settings. But my base balance is not in USD but in PLN (about 3:1) will MM work with my balance. When i entry in (example) USDJPY at 0,1 lot it cost me about 312 from balacne.

p.s. i run it on eurusd,gpbusd,usdcfh,usdjpy,eurjpy,eurchf,usdcad as rest of pairs have to big spread with my local broker...

By the way, REALLY GREAT JOB and HONEST live targets!!!! (compabityle with mine)

Hi Kowal!

Well that's a tricky one! Didn't think about that before. Give me some time and maybe I will find a solution to use MM with your PLN account.

ross123:
Temporary results tweaking U/Y :

Total net profit 27794.98 (with new settings)

Total net profit 14907.69 (STD)

Loss trades (% of total) 24 (17.65%) (with new settings)

Loss trades (% of total) 29 (20.42%) (STD)

When finished, I will send the new setting to Hendrik and it will be up to him to whether use them in the new version or not.

I will do some more work and will post the results.

Good luck.

Ross.

Hi Ross,

I'm looking forward to your results!

yeoeleven:
have closed down Booster1 and loaded Booster2.

Will report on Booster2 progress bearing in mind it will start off +$99.69 net profit.

John

Hi John,

Booster is highly experimental and still very buggy. Wait for version 3.

Maury74:
Hi Hendrick,

I'm testing your EA on EURJPY, GBPJPY and USDJPY and I'm happy with its forward results.

Past results are also very good if I analize 6 or less months of history datas but if I try to go further back EA crashed....

We know that forex market changes continously so I think that your research to find always better parameters is correlated to that.

Adjusting parameters to market condition to continue to use phoenix and steal pips from market!!!

Am I right???

Thanks Hendrick

Mau

You're absolutely right Mau!

ze0202:
Hi Hendrick, today I started to forwardtest both versions of your Phoenix.

I'm using microlots (0.01) but I had to change "AccountlsMicro" to true, because otherwise it would begin automatically with 0.10 lots.

Am I doing it right?

Thx

AccountMicro should work. Please let me know if it goes wrong there!

fikko:
Hi Hendrick,

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I see the Booster will not work with back test since it will trade many currencies. So only forward test.

I place the EA into USD/JPY and GBP/JPY

And I open additional empty chart without any EA for

EURCHF, CHFJPY, EURGBP

EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDCHF

(For the purpose if the EA needs other currencies data).

I test with risk = 0.3 and M15 timeframe for all charts.

Thank you.

Hi Fikko!

Please wait for version 3 of Booster. Will be much better!!