Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 6

Hendrick:
When using MM=true the number of lots is handled by the Money management function. If you want Phoenix to use a larger number of lots, use MM=false and change the value of Lots to any value you want. If you want to use MM but still want a larger number of lots you can change MaximumRisk. Instead of 0.05 you can bring it down to 0.03 or 0.01. Do a backward test with different values for MaximumRisk and see the difference. My advice: use MM=true and MaximumRisk somewhere between 0.01 and 0.05. Don't change the code "return(lot)". This really makes no sense.

Congratulations on your superb performance in the first week of the competition. I have been observing your progress and I must salute you. The first prize is still up for grabs, so you've got some good chance of winning!

Best of luck man!

Statement as of 10/10/2006

Here is my latest statement after close of NY.

Except for a negative USD/JPY, CAD/USD, GBP/JPY and EUR/JPY made handsome profits.

Files:
statement_3.htm  41 kb

Forward testing

A further update.

Files:
phoenix2.htm  13 kb
phoenix2.gif  5 kb

yeoeleven:
A further update.

how could that happen? same time, same settings, phoenix system on my computer made a buying trade of EURUSD at 2006.10.09 05:00 at 1.2599 and till now -58 points loss still not closed

payal:
Here is my latest statement after close of NY. Except for a negative USD/JPY, CAD/USD, GBP/JPY and EUR/JPY made handsome profits.

Looks good Payal. Will have to wait and see what the USDJPY will do today (important for the Contest too!).

scout:
how could that happen? same time, same settings, phoenix system on my computer made a buying trade of EURUSD at 2006.10.09 05:00 at 1.2599 and till now -58 points loss still not closed

Scout,

What is your TimeZone?

to hendrick

hi hendrick, i read the instructions but wanted to be sure. to make run ur ea live on 15mins charts, i should apply ea on chart and then change the settings of each currency?

and if i do this, on preferred settings i should put false?

jtraderco:
hi hendrick, i read the instructions but wanted to be sure. to make run ur ea live on 15mins charts, i should apply ea on chart and then change the settings of each currency? and if i do this, on preferred settings i should put false?

For live/demo set PrefSettings=true and MM=true. The EA will do the rest.

Started EA around 34 hours ago

Hello all,

Been away from trading for 18 months come back other day to find the competition running.

Have written EA in past with average results so trying phoenix.

Amazed so far, great work hendrick.

Winning trades and current trades below.

Files:

Hendrick:
Scout, What is your TimeZone?

15 min