Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 16

Ducati:
Yes, and the backtest doesn't seem to be working. Where should the pref file be placed on my computer?

Pref setting is located in the inputs tab of the EA. Default is set to true... So...

B

Phoenix Booster

Phoenix Booster v2 contains a serious error, Don't use this version. The right version will follow later today.

Thanks Herbert for pointing out this error!

ericbach:
I have been backtesting the Eur/usd and found by changing the limit to 69pips and stop to 70pips instead of 42 and 84 gave much better results. This was also true in my own expert trading the euro.

Please test this parametrs.

ericbach:
I have been backtesting the Eur/usd and found by changing the limit to 69pips and stop to 70pips instead of 42 and 84 gave much better results. This was also true in my own expert trading the euro.

Hi,

Will you please do some backward tests for the last 6 months and then show us your test reports? Thanks in advance!

Ducati:
Yes, and the backtest doesn't seem to be working. Where should the pref file be placed on my computer?

Ducati, please let me know tomorrow if it's working now.

alanlewis:
To hendrick and all the great people here,

Lets all face some facts.

On the worst performance of this AMAZING ea we could probably double our starting deposit every 3 months easily i hope.

Take 10k dollars and in 2 years be worth 2.5 million!

As far fetched as this may sound it all stems back to steady gains. AND i know this may sound a little more than steady to some than begs belief.

Lets stop tweaking for mega profits and aim for a consistent gain that grows our trading account. Nobody makes a million in a day.

When we ALL start making a good living week in week out we can begin to share some of our fortune with those that dont have the choices we do.

And to our friend hendrick , dont fix whats not broken , the EA works ! Let it make a steady profit.

Deposit what u can all afford and leave it to grow!

best wishes and good fortune to all of you.

My faith is with phoenix may it grow strong with sucess.

regards

alan.

Hi Alan,

Booster is just an experiment to play with. It's not my intention to drastically change the concept of Phoenix 4.2 because it's now a stable and reliable Expert Advisor that could be profitable on the long run. So let's keep it this way (apart from some fine-tuning of the settings).

Dear Mr. Hendrick

I tested your system phoenix 4.2.03 on the historical data and it has shown very good results.

Now I see online test on demo account and I plan to go to the real account.

But I have some questions. Having read your advice ModellingQuality.pdf I could make quality of modelling for 90% and too I want

to optimize parameters of the expert.

Basic them 8. if I put simultaneous optimization at once on 8 parameters it will work a very long time.

And if to do by turns after optimization for example the fifth parameter again it is necessary to optimize the first.

How you have solved this problem?

p.s. Excuse for my english. I read well, but speak horribly

hey folks,

I've quastion too, i started you ea on 24h working pc with default settings. But my base balance is not in USD but in PLN (about 3:1) will MM work with my balance. When i entry in (example) USDJPY at 0,1 lot it cost me about 312 from balacne.

p.s. i run it on eurusd,gpbusd,usdcfh,usdjpy,eurjpy,eurchf,usdcad as rest of pairs have to big spread with my local broker...

By the way, REALLY GREAT JOB and HONEST live targets!!!! (compabityle with mine)