10points 3.mq4 - page 349

Results

I forgot to upload statement.

10points 3.mq4

Hi Everybody!

Could someone help to set up the expert.?

Then it is turned on and going to sell / buy, it proposes to confirm manually.

Even if I turn button off for manual confirmation of trade, it also propose me to confirm manually.

Help please, !

Sergey.

marcelcorzo:
Here are the result last night in MIG account, notice that only the last 11 trades correspond to 10P3 V0.03, before were manual scalping. There 0.1, 0.3, and 0.9 (scaring!!) lots, no one lost, but i'm gonna set the EA to less risk Tonight. I have max trades= 6. $239 in one night!! But I think I was lucky (I was too scared when it buy 0.9 lot and in little time prices went down (total trade was about 8 hours, that I don't like because I'm a scalper and don't like to be too many time exposed to market. It's new to me). I'm going to put multiplier on 2.

You just lucky !

last day's results

Hi everybody!

Now I'm in $2468.52 ($117 last night). I had set multiplier by 2, and maxtrades=4. In that way, bigger lot opened is 0.8 (although it's too much yet for me). But I'm gonna open a new account only for this EA, because originally it was my scalping demo account.

charts for last night

I'm sorry I always forget to upload charts. There are now.

10p3v003

Hi David,

Would you please advise again?

1. I demo forward tested the same EA on IBFX with an identical initial balance that was more than enough to cover the margin requirement for both the mini account and the standard account. With the mini account the result was losing, with the standard account the result was winning. Why the difference please?

2. IBFX rep told me when I ran strategy backtest, the data feed came from the Russian software company and were not the same from the actual data from IBFX or another broker. If this is the case, does it mean all backtests which can only use data from the MT4 software company are really useless because they have nothing to do with broker reality?

Thank you for your advice.

Best,

forexjim

forexjim:
Hi David,

Would you please advise again?

1. I demo forward tested the same EA on IBFX with an identical initial balance that was more than enough to cover the margin requirement for both the mini account and the standard account. With the mini account the result was losing, with the standard account the result was winning. Why the difference please?

2. IBFX rep told me when I ran strategy backtest, the data feed came from the Russian software company and were not the same from the actual data from IBFX or another broker. If this is the case, does it mean all backtests which can only use data from the MT4 software company are really useless because they have nothing to do with broker reality?

Thank you for your advice.

Best,

forexjim

I heard a lot of comment and read about backtesting issues from multiple source. As far as I know, original data in IBFX was downloaded from MetaQuotes. So you can expect a lot of spike in the data, which will give false signal, false take profit, false stop loss point. So, all in all, backtest is NOT realiable at all.

Speaking of which, now reminds me of why I'm still backtesting everytime when I complete an EA. Reason being, if you have a spikey high, you sure did have a spikey low. If your EA survived the stop loss, I'm sure your EA will suffer the take profit at the same point. So, backtesting gives me an overall idea of how the EA handle the trade instead of really CURVE FIT the EA under certain situation. Besides, 10p3v0 series is all counter trend martingale EA, stop loss/take profit doesn't really matter to us. It can easily survive a 100pips hunting stop. Why do I care of 5pips spike on the minute chart(which is those commentator that says backtesting not reliable because of the wrong data spike).

3rd thing, backtesting also involved with all the minimum requirement requested by your broker. Such is marginal usage for each trade(leverage), lot size, lot step, speed of opening and closing. I can carry out 100 broker's backtests with the same equity curve, but I can guarantee you'll see much difference on the starting balance and ending balance. I still have no answer for your question about why difference in MINI vs Standard account. I developed this system on a IBFX-Mini account, I guess that is what makes the difference. I will try to run another backtest later with both MINI and Standard environment to see the difference. Ofcourse, if you dont mind, please also post your backtests on these accounts for me. Please post the full HTML instead of pictures. I wont blame you post pictures on live account(very dangerous to leak any information on live account), but atleast I need to know the backtest/demo account's statement. Thanks and have a nice weekend.

Regards

David

marcelcorzo:
I'm sorry I always forget to upload charts. There are now.

Hai, can you post your setting file? thank you.

10p3v003

davidke20:
I heard a lot of comment and read about backtesting issues from multiple source. As far as I know, original data in IBFX was downloaded from MetaQuotes. So you can expect a lot of spike in the data, which will give false signal, false take profit, false stop loss point. So, all in all, backtest is NOT realiable at all.

Speaking of which, now reminds me of why I'm still backtesting everytime when I complete an EA. Reason being, if you have a spikey high, you sure did have a spikey low. If your EA survived the stop loss, I'm sure your EA will suffer the take profit at the same point. So, backtesting gives me an overall idea of how the EA handle the trade instead of really CURVE FIT the EA under certain situation. Besides, 10p3v0 series is all counter trend martingale EA, stop loss/take profit doesn't really matter to us. It can easily survive a 100pips hunting stop. Why do I care of 5pips spike on the minute chart(which is those commentator that says backtesting not reliable because of the wrong data spike).

3rd thing, backtesting also involved with all the minimum requirement requested by your broker. Such is marginal usage for each trade(leverage), lot size, lot step, speed of opening and closing. I can carry out 100 broker's backtests with the same equity curve, but I can guarantee you'll see much difference on the starting balance and ending balance. I still have no answer for your question about why difference in MINI vs Standard account. I developed this system on a IBFX-Mini account, I guess that is what makes the difference. I will try to run another backtest later with both MINI and Standard environment to see the difference. Ofcourse, if you dont mind, please also post your backtests on these accounts for me. Please post the full HTML instead of pictures. I wont blame you post pictures on live account(very dangerous to leak any information on live account), but atleast I need to know the backtest/demo account's statement. Thanks and have a nice weekend.

Regards

David

Hi David,

Thank you for your advice, based on which very very limited confidence can be placed on backtests from now on. I am sorry I have been doing so many backbests that after a while I stopped saving the statements, I just made a mental note of what was strange about the results. I remember somewhere John mentioned he was never into backtesting, now I see why. I will do demo forward tests more from now on.

Many thanks.

Best,

forexjim

forexjim:
Hi David,

Thank you for your advice, based on which very very limited confidence can be placed on backtests from now on. I am sorry I have been doing so many backbests that after a while I stopped saving the statements, I just made a mental note of what was strange about the results. I remember somewhere John mentioned he was never into backtesting, now I see why. I will do demo forward tests more from now on.

Many thanks.

Best,

forexjim

Well, I think I delivered the wrong message to you. I meant dont stop backtesting once in awhile. It is a need to backtest in order to support your logic. And that is the reason why I never stop backtesting(eventhough they cant prove their accuracy). It is a need to run a logic on the history data, inorder to see the arrows from the chart inorder to see your logic pay into real action. So, my advice is when you have a backtest, save it into statement and show it up. Especially when you have a question on COMPARISON, its a need to view both candidates to figure out what is the difference in between. So, if you have the trouble on finding the same equity curve for 2 account type, you should save 2 type of statement, 1 with standard another with NANO and show it to me. That way I can look into the statment and tell you what is wrong with the logic. Its either you do the test wrong, or I coded a bug

Regards

David